mikeyjones

Reloading Group Buy - Part Trois

If it'll be cheaper than Solomans I'll get pistol an SR primers and pistol and rifle powder. I've never bought online yet so I'll have to go check it out.

Don't know the prices at Soloman's but I can almost guarantee that buying online will be cheaper than from a brick & mortar store.

I use CCI 400 small rifle primers in both pistol and rifle cartridges -- no real need to buy both...

I never tried mixing the primers for both.

Take it you never had a problem with doing that?

You can run SRP instead of SPP's but if you are running low pressure loads you may end up with gas blowback past the primer and some breach face erosion. if you are running higher pressure loads, then it isn't an issue.

Of course, lightened hammer/striker springs might not light them up.

Personally, I've used all the small primers with no side effect in pistol loads, small rifle, small magnum, small rifle magnum, etc. The only primers I have ever found to be problematic were a strange batch of VihtaVouri primers which I've only ever seen ones, and only used once and they were like shooting sparklers out the muzzle and about 1 in 10 wouldn't go off.

You can run SRP instead of SPP's but if you are running low pressure loads you may end up with gas blowback past the primer and some breach face erosion. if you are running higher pressure loads, then it isn't an issue.

Of course, lightened hammer/striker springs might not light them up.

Personally, I've used all the small primers with no side effect in pistol loads, small rifle, small magnum, small rifle magnum, etc. The only primers I have ever found to be problematic were a strange batch of VihtaVouri primers which I've only ever seen ones, and only used once and they were like shooting sparklers out the muzzle and about 1 in 10 wouldn't go off.

Sparklers would seem cool but I don't think i want that. lol

Don't know the prices at Soloman's but I can almost guarantee that buying online will be cheaper than from a brick & mortar store.

Nobody is cheaper than Solomons anywhere.  It all come down to if Gene has what I need or not to me.  Hes had a decent amount of powder lately but no federal GMM primers.

Ken

Nobody is cheaper than Solomons anywhere. It all come down to if Gene has what I need or not to me. Hes had a decent amount of powder lately but no federal GMM primers.

Ken

Care to post some price comparisons? Just find it hard to believe that a brick and mortar store with overhead will be cheaper than online stores.

If they are cheaper of I'd be willing to drive the hour to pay them a visit.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

If at order time the vendor you pick has WW231 or Hodgdon HP38 I'd be in for 2 to 4 lbs.   I'm in pretty good shape otherwise. 

I'm in Morris County, not too far from you if I'm not mistaken.

I got a pound of CFE pistol and 1k CCI primers for $57 after tax IIRC.

My point is proven....

PV has CFE pistol for $18.70 and 1k CCI primers for $27.00.  That's $45.70 with no tax.  Shipping will be ~$10 (depending on # of people, less if more people get smaller quantities).

Just making the point that a local brick and mortar store has overhead and can't usually compete w/ online vendors on price.  At least not in the long run.

Anybody have a source on federal small pistol primers ?

Will place order of 25-30k

Wow ! How much do you shoot a year ? On another forum I follow, there is a guy that claims he shoots 50,000 rounds a year and sometimes more and he is getting some serious ball busting. Is that number possible for someone that trains a lot ? I know a competition shooter that shoots more than 1000 rounds a month.

Wow ! How much do you shoot a year ? On another forum I follow, there is a guy that claims he shoots 50,000 rounds a year and sometimes more and he is getting some serious ball busting. Is that number possible for someone that trains a lot ? I know a competition shooter that shoots more than 1000 rounds a month.

1k/month is nothing for a competitive shooter.  I suck and I shoot at least double that a month.  I do live fire practice 1x per week with 1 or 2 matches on the weekends.  For practice, I'll shoot 300ish rounds and each match is 200ish.  

Again, my scores clearly don't reflect that, but it's not a lot of rounds.  I also just started competing a few months ago... 

I dont keep round counts, but i'd say about 20k on a heavy year. 

Let me know what you want as part of the order.  

So far I have the following people in:

myself

Rob0115

Sinter

MK25 V

Like to get:

4lb Titegroup

2lb H335

1lb Varget

4k small rifle primers