kirk2022

Supreme Court ruling on NH non res permit?

So it seems that NH lost in the court on the issue of not allowing NJ residents to aquire Non res NH permits.  Hopefully someone can post the ruling that ANJRPC sent out in an E-Mail today.

It doesn't state if Appeals are coming.

Just wondering how long to wait to apply for A Non Res permit?

I'm just glad Scott Bach had the time and money to waste fighting a carry case in NH instead of fighting a carry case in NJ.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wonder which ANJRPC board member has a vacation home in NH?

So what does one have to do to get a NH permit?  Training?  Quals? Cost?  Do you have to go there to get it?

Print application on the NH website fill out sign and send them $100.00 check. Give 3 references No prints no picture

Print application on the NH website fill out sign and send them $100.00 check. Give 3 references No prints no picture

A few years ago I had to send in a copy of any other states concealed carry permit (I used FL).

In 2010 I bought some acreage in NH -- applied for and received my Florida ccw with the intention of using the Florida to get my NH CCW

I waited a little before applying for my NH -- just being cheap and holding off on spending the $100

Then they changed the rules and I was no longer eligible for a NH non res ccw

When they start accepting applications again, I will apply that day

I am happy this has been overturned

In 2010 I bought some acreage in NH -- applied for and received my Florida ccw with the intention of using the Florida to get my NH CCW

I waited a little before applying for my NH -- just being cheap and holding off on spending the $100

In about 5 years I'll be buying some land in NH to prepare for my escape from NJ. I'll apply the day they start accepting applications. I'm also happy about this.

Owning land doesn't make you a resident?

I'm just glad Scott Bach had the time and money to waste fighting a carry case in NH instead of fighting a carry case in NJ.

It's not a waste of money or effort by any means. We get two states above and beyond what Utah gives us. PA is a big deal. NH is a nice bonus. It's time and money better spent than almost all the cockamamie bullshit schemes I read about in these forums. 

If that's the case that's pretty awesome

I had to think about this for a second. It didn't strike me as cool or useful until the idea of NJ residents obtaining a NH ccw permit could use that permit in the great state of PA.

Assuming I got that right.

And the reason for the cool factor is??? .....that there aren't many or any other ways for a NJ resident to carry in PA?

PA will only issue a non-resident permit if you have one from your own state first so NJ residents can't get one.  But that's okay, lots of non-resident permits used to be good in PA.  NJ residents who had FL, WV, AZ, UT, NH, and other permits and were good to go in PA.  About 2 years ago, the new PA AG (who has since been disgraced for jury tampering and other things) re-wrote all of the reciprocity agreements with all the states.  She made it so none of the permits that NJ residents could get were good in PA any more.

The only one left was TX and you have to travel to TX to take the class for that one so almost nobody did.   So yes, this means NJ residents will be able to carry in PA again.  I wonder if she'll change that agreement too.

The only one left was TX and you have to travel to TX to take the class for that one so almost nobody did.   So yes, this means NJ residents will be able to carry in PA again.  I wonder if she'll change that agreement too.

Let's all hope that Kandy Kane is too preoccupied with her own legal problems and the suspension of her law license to focus on further degrading PA 2A rights.

So should I still get my non-resident FL permit if I plan on mostly using it for visiting in-laws in NC - or is the NH one going to be honored there and maybe just do that and also have PA with it?  NC website may not be updated but currently says NH resident permits only for reciprocity.

So should I still get my non-resident FL permit if I plan on mostly using it for visiting in-laws in NC - or is the NH one going to be honored there and maybe just do that and also have PA with it?  NC website may not be updated but currently says NH resident permits only for reciprocity.

Yes get your Florida -- previously you needed a ccw from any state to be eligible for a NH non res

• Like 1