CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

Scott Bach gets his concealed carry license back:

"N.H. Supreme Court rejects agency-imposed limits on concealed-carry permits for out-of-state residents"  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/06/02/n-h-supreme-court-rejects-agency-imposed-limits-on-concealed-carry-permits-for-out-of-state-residents/

I'm glad to see that sanity has prevailed in Free America.  Perhaps other states will follow suit and allow us poor residents to potentially defend ourselves while visiting their states.

Any chance this argument could be used against the PRNJ in some way, shape or form?

Until that PA biatch jacks that agreement as well.  She's still kicking and screaming in PA!

Still kicking and screaming, but hopefully she's distracted by the two counts of felony perjury and obstruction of justice she's facing.  That, and having her law license suspended by PA.

Still kicking and screaming, but hopefully she's distracted by the two counts of felony perjury and obstruction of justice she's facing.  That, and having her law license suspended by PA.

It's been what, close to 2 years since the allegations began flying? I'll believe it when I see it. Arrogant nobodies have a way of doubling down on their bullshit.

The NH state website still (after 12 hours!) requires you to hold a carry license in the state where you live: http://1.usa.gov/1r4GHXw

Question: will this policy be replaced by the earlier one? Do we have to wait for the appeals? Who is actually appealing?

It's been what, close to 2 years since the allegations began flying? I'll believe it when I see it. Arrogant nobodies have a way of doubling down on their bullshit.

Her trial should start in August. She will not be seeking reelection.

Her trial should start in August. She will not be seeking reelection.

But in this case, as Marc Antony said, "the evil men do lives after them." That it should take this long to get rid of a corrupt racketeer boggles the mind. By this time a black guy who stole an iPhone screen cover in Centralia would be halfway through his 4-year sentence. 

I put in a request for fingerprint cards today for a Florida non resident carry permit. Will send the app along a copy of my DD-214 for the training part.

The process should take a few months. Perhaps by then NH will be ready for me.

Would I be better off just applying for the NH non res CCW?  Should I apply for FL anyway?

I put in a request for fingerprint cards today for a Florida non resident carry permit. Will send the app along a copy of my DD-214 for the training part.

The process should take a few months. Perhaps by then NH will be ready for me.

Would I be better off just applying for the NH non res CCW?  Should I apply for FL anyway?

Soem years ago on the advice of Anthony Colandro i got as many CCWs as i could. UT,ME,NH,FL. He told me that laws change all the time which has proved correct. Mostly for the NH-PA non resident relationship. So get as many as you can. 

As NH reversal is fresh. Call the NH State Police and ask?

• Like 1

Sent in my non-resident application, check for $100, and a copy of by UT permit this morning.  We'll see what happens.

Please keep us posted on whether they accept/issue at this point...

Please keep us posted on whether they accept/issue at this point...

I sent an email Friday to the NH state police -- They had the courtesy to reply

This is it:

We are aware of the Supreme Court ruling.  The ruling is under review and it will take a little time to update the application.  Please keep checking our website for updates.  When the new application is posted you may apply for the non resident permit at that time.

Thank you,

• Like 3

Scott will have to wait.

I emailed their permits & licensing folks today. Didn't expect a response but here's what I got:

Dear Sir or Madam,

In light of the recent court ruling regarding issuance of NH concealed carry licenses to individuals who do not hold carry permits in their home state, are you able to supply a revised application form that reflects current law? I am eager to obtain such a license.

Cordially,

Frommer Bischkva

PermitsAndLicensing <[email protected]>
3:38 PM (6 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

We are aware of the Supreme Court’s ruling it is currently under review.  Updates will be posted on our website.

So they're reviewing the unanimous court decision, meaning either that they're looking for a judge appointed by Obama to overturn it, or someone is contemplating taking some executive action like Kane did in PA. The suspense is killing me.

• Like 1

So they're reviewing the unanimous court decision, meaning either that they're scrambling  for a judge appointed by Obama to overturn it, or someone is contemplating taking some executive action like Kane did in PA. The suspense is killing me.

In bold is what they are hoping for - maybe they can draft Merrick Garland as he's itching to do something with his life I'm sure.

This is state supreme court how is Obama going to help?  State's rights, Feds have no reason to be involved.  NH DA complies or legislature changes the law, but in the mean time they will have to start issuing based on the court's ruling or seek a stay while appealing.  Based on what I have read, little or no wiggle room for appeals..

• Like 1

NH is not anti.

This is probably just one of those things they never cared about or never got to. I don't know anything about the suit but I am assuming the lower court dumped it on state's rights/technicalities etc., not due to anti bent. I could certainly be wrong. Courts are not supposed to be writing laws. Not sure what their justification is, not going to read it. Just happy you guys have a fairly easy way to carry in PA.

First hurdle will be to get a NH NR permit.  That will be decided in the next couple of weeks.  I guess when the application changes on the NHSP website will give you that answer.  Secondly, PA recognizes NH permit today, tomorrow who knows. have to keep up on that one also.  You must go to Texas for the CCW class to obtain a Texas NR CCW.