CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

For the record. Scott Bach was a guest on "Gun for Hire" yesterday and he said to wait for NH to define the new rules and update their forms. http://content.blubrry.com/gunforhireradio/GFH_Episode_272.mp3

He said he is involved in talks with NH and he will not risk getting a denial on his application. He also advises everyone else to "not apply"

until NH defines what is needed to qualify for a NH non res CCW.

I think we have already broken that code here at NJGF! :)

Well - Hopefully they dont invalidate all the ones theyve already issued if things change.  I am at 3 weeks since sent today - hope I get through. That would be my luck.

This should help keep things ok in PA for a little while -

"Pennsylvania’s Attorney General Is Convicted on All Counts"

For the record. Scott Bach was a guest on "Gun for Hire" yesterday and he said to wait for NH to define the new rules and update their forms. http://content.blubrry.com/gunforhireradio/GFH_Episode_272.mp3

He said he is involved in talks with NH and he will not risk getting a denial on his application. He also advises everyone else to "not apply"

Your post came too late for me. Mailed my application yesterday at 3:30pm according to what folks have related in this forum. The worst that happens is I enter "no" on the next form with an explanation that my application was deficient because it was the wrong form. There are obviously as many reasons for being denied as there are boxes on these applications, multiplied by 2 or 3. For example the NH permit form says you must list one of the approved reasons listed on the back of the form. What if you word it differently? What if you leave a box blank, or don't list the country you were born in? It would be unusual if a state recently ranked as the "freest in America," which issues carry permits to anyone who is not a convicted ax murderer, would be so picky as to block all firearm activity from someone, forever, for completing the wrong form. Reminds me of the lawyer joke where the prosecutor asks the expert witness, "So the person whose brain you had autopsied, and which is now in a jar in your laboratory, is deceased?"

Well - Hopefully they dont invalidate all the ones theyve already issued if things change.  I am at 3 weeks since sent today - hope I get through. That would be my luck.

This should help keep things ok in PA for a little while -

"Pennsylvania’s Attorney General Is Convicted on All Counts"

Remember rules are for us, not them. Especially perjury. 

Too late for that

My first application was lost in mail. Second one sent July 27th Priority Mail. Called August 5th to confirm they got it because tracking said sent to PO Box. Going on 3 weeks no check cashed. Did they call references? I sent with Utah & Florida CCW copies plus NJ FID copy. Hopefully that didn't cause an issue. First time didn't send NJ FID but read others who were approved did so second time I included it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had my NH renewal application mailed back to me (not denied, just mailed back to me) because I forgot to put a zip code in for one of my references.  Had no idea this was going on.  I sent the application back with the zip code filled in and initialed where I added the zip code.  Did not realize there is drama going on in NH about granting these.  Looks like they are looking for reasons to delay actual decisions on these applications.  This is what happens when bureaucrats get put in charge of your rights.  Hopefully they will make common sense decisions.  They are probably fearful that PA will deny reciprocity to NH if NH issues carry permits to people in NJ.

Did anyone hear that Kathleen Kane, who is the person who started all of these problems (PA AG) just got convicted?

Problem might be solved here.

• Like 1

Did anyone hear that Kathleen Kane, who is the person who started all of these problems (PA AG) just got convicted?

Problem might be solved here.

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/74670-grand-jury-recomends-criminal-charges-against-pa-ag/?p=1060144

I'm mailing mine out tomorrow. If anything, you won't be denied persay with the current application. It will be labeled as "Incomplete" cause you're leaving the Home State CCW part blank. 

Mine's all filled out, wifey is going to the post office tomorrow to send it certified mail so I know when they get it. Can't ask for a better Anniversary present LOL

My permit arrived in todays mail.... Seems to take roughly 30 days...... 

So they cashed your check and 2 days later you had it? Nice!

I sent mine a day or two after the court ruling and got my permit 3 weeks later.

I sent mine a day or two after the court ruling and got my permit 3 weeks later.

I realize Scott Bach was wrong, but posted his advice anyway. I was going to tell him to go ahead but figured he would not listen.

You were the brave soul that paved the way on this one. Thank you Ryan!

The only things I'm sending is the filled out application and the check for $100. They don't need copy of DL correct? I'm not sending my FID info.

If you have another states CCW, send a copy. I did not send a copy of my NJFID card either but did send a copy of my Florida CCW.

You don't have to send anything but the check and the completed form but I would copy my NJFID and send it with it just in case. Not that it will help you

as I think nothing is required but the check and form but it would not hurt to send the FID. It's up to you either way it should be fine.

If you have another states CCW, send a copy. I did not send a copy of my NJFID card either but did send a copy of my Florida CCW.

You don't have to send anything but the check and the completed form but I would copy my NJFID and send it with it just in case. Not that it will help you

as I think nothing is required but the check and form but it would not hurt to send the FID. It's up to you either way it should be fine.

I don't have another CCW, I'm gonna take a chance and send without. I guess we'll see. Again, theoretically I wouldn't be denied...it would come back as incomplete forms. 

Unless you think it's completely foolish to send without FID. 

I got mine in the mail today. I sent a copy of my UT permit and my green card as I'm not a U.S. Citizen.

Congratulations! I have a couple weeks yet before I expect mine to come in.  Not a single person on this forum has been denied denied.

About 15 people here have reported back that the received their permits. My only fear is that the next AG in PA may end reciprocity with NH!

They went from requiring ANY state's CCW to Resident state's CCW to NOTHING! No proof of training, no prints, no photo just the check and form with 3 references which they don't contact!

Congratulations! I have a couple weeks yet before I expect mine to come in.  Not a single person on this forum has been denied denied.

About 15 people here have reported back that the received their permits. My only fear is that the next AG in PA may end reciprocity with NH!

They went from requiring ANY state's CCW to Resident state's CCW to NOTHING! No proof of training, no prints, no photo just the check and form with 3 references which they don't contact!

Also, on the form your SS# is "optional". Which makes me wonder how they do the background check. I included mine anyway to be sure. 

I don't have another CCW, I'm gonna take a chance and send without. I guess we'll see. Again, theoretically I wouldn't be denied...it would come back as incomplete forms. 

Unless you think it's completely foolish to send without FID. 

So far everyone who got approved sent a copy of something. One member here contacted NH multiple times, afraid he would be denied for only sending a copy of his NJFID card since

all others here on the forum sent copies of Florida or Utah non resident CCW cards. Some also included a copy of their NJFID card, some, like me did not bother with the FID thinking the CCW trumped the NJFID.

He received an email back that said only the form and a check are required at this time. If you sent nothing but the check and form, by their own statement you would be fine. I would not take that chance personally!

Even though one member reported that nothing is needed, you would be the first to test that theory if you sent nothing!

If it were me, I would send the NJFID copy front and back. That's just me though.

Also, on the form your SS# is "optional". Which makes me wonder how they do the background check. I included mine anyway to be sure. 

Be sure to include "word for word" your reason or reasons for wanting the CCW! There are only two acceptable reasons which are spelled out on the instruction page of the application.

Copy one of them verbatim!

• Like 1

So far everyone who got approved sent a copy of something. One member here contacted NH multiple times, afraid he would be denied for only sending a copy of his NJFID card since

all others here on the forum sent copies of Florida or Utah non resident CCW cards. Some also included a copy of their NJFID card, some, like me did not bother with the FID thinking the CCW trumped the NJFID.

He received an email back that said only the form and a check are required at this time. If you sent nothing but the check and form, by their own statement you would be fine. I would not take that chance personally!

Even though one member reported that nothing is needed, you would be the first to test that theory if you sent nothing!

If it were me, I would send the NJFID copy front and back. That's just me though.

He (djw2033) didn't send a copy of his FID. He just wrote the # on the form.