CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

I put "protection and all proper purposes" i believe it said you can put multiple. That ok?

Mine is in the mail today. I included the application, copy of my NJ FID even though may not be needed, copy of proof of address change, and check.

I will keep this thread updated with any progress.

Well, either I am the exception, or they're starting to get more backlogged/delayed.  Im at 4 weeks and 2 days today and no activity with the check I wrote.  Seems like everyone else's check has been deposited within 4 weeks or less.

Could be that they are a little backed up.... I bet yours is here before September....

• Like 1

anyone carry in PA with it yet?

any issues?

What would you think would cause issues?  Concealed carry is concealed carry.

We just spent 3 weeks in PA started the trip in the Bloomsburg area moved to the Hamburg area then finished with A week in Lancaster. Yes I carried all the time. Just like I did for 4 years before the Utah Non Res was washed aside by Kane.

• Like 1

Printed and sending out!

Can't remember the last time I wrote a check lol.

Send it certified if you didn't already, just so you know/have proof of when they received it...and because there's $100 check in the envelope LMAO. I wish I would have sent it a few weeks earlier since I'm in PA this weekend. Just means we'll have to make a special trip out here for w/e reason LOL

• Like 1

Still no check cashed or mail

I am in the same boat. My first application was lost. Sent in second 2 days before you. Also showed delivered to PO BOX. I called right away. They confirmed receipt, but still no check was cashed. Going to call again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat. My first application was lost. Sent in second 2 days before you. Also showed delivered to PO BOX. I called right away. They confirmed receipt, but still no check was cashed. Going to call again tomorrow.

I think you need to just let them deal with what has to be a sudden increase in applications. They seem to be a very professional team and are issuing permits. Repeatedly calling them is not going to speed anything up for anybody.

I think you need to just let them deal with what has to be a sudden increase in applications. They seem to be a very professional team and are issuing permits. Repeatedly calling them is not going to speed anything up for anybody.

Their message says to call them if you haven't received anything after a month. A month came and went last week.

We were out of state on vacation for the past week and while we were away had the P.O. hold our mail. When we returned yesterday and received all of our accumulated mail, included was a small envelope from the State of NH with my non-resident CCW permit. I mailed out the application on 7/18 so the process took just over a month.

(For details on what I included with my application see my earlier post #197 in this thread).

AVB-AMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Im aware that state offices dont process things during the weekend.  Was just keeping everyone updated.  5 weeks today and no check cashed.  Likely just a bit backed up.  Will give it until friday before I think about calling to check on it.  Regardless - I have to send in my FID change of address which will likely take 2 months anyway.  Yay.

Whenever anyone/anything is late I call fairly early. I don't want to wait forever and then find out nothing is happening or there is a problem on the other end and I need to start over. I'd rather find that out sooner.

I had to meet a contractor last week for work at a job site. I called when he was 15 minutes late. Sure enough, he thought the job had been rescheduled and wasn't comming.

Darn it, just read this after taking my application to the post office, should have sent it registered return receipt - oh well.

It's just an extra precaution me and some other decided to take. I mostly did it because I wanted to know when they received it and because $100 check was in it. If you sent it today, then they'll probably receive it Tuesday.

My $100 check, dated 7/22 and mailed that day with my paperwork, was deposited by the NH Treasurer on 8/29

Cleared my bank on 8/30

Awaiting my card in the mail in the next few days :dancer:

Mine was sent the same day (7/22), but wasn't cashed until 9/1.  Definitely looks like they're running a little longer than they had been a few weeks ago.  Should be getting it any day now!

That's the way it's supposed to be. How did it feel to have to be unarmed when you returned home?

I have traveled for work and vacationed outside NJ quite a lot, it sucks every single time.

The best is when I was in Atlanta for the AIA convention, carrying around a bunch of libtarted Architects.  I met up with former coworkers and they wanted to go to the CNN Center (firearms not allowed) for lunch, I was like, maybe we should just find a restaurant. They were all asking "whats wrong with the CNN center, they have a ton of food choices" I said "Um, cause I am carrying lol"  After the initial freak out we found a nice BBQ place near by lol.

Another good one is, I was working at a high end retail design firm in Manhattan and I was flying out with two coworkers to go to a site meeting in Texas.  We would be gone for 1 night.  I asked them to wait while I check my bag at EWR.  "But your back is cary-on sized"  "yeah, it is, but there is a gun in it"  "OMG!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAH!" lol

God I hate NJ

• Like 1