CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

I'm gonna just give a call tomorrow. It's been almost 2 weeks since my check has been cashed. I'm just looking out for my investment...right?

You can't change things but the call could not hurt either. I really feel you will get it very soon. I think they are just swamped by requests as the word gets out.

I'm gonna just give a call tomorrow. It's been almost 2 weeks since my check has been cashed. I'm just looking out for my investment...right?

Please don't. A number of us are waiting. Very unlikely they're cashing checks and stiffing us. They may have changed their procedure, may be deluged with requests. If you call you may get an asshole who decides to throw something into the garbage, like all NJ permit applications, or put them at the bottom of the pile. Just sit tight. 

Two weeks since checks were cashed and still no permit in the mail is certainly not their normal timeline. Everyone else has reported a 2-3 day delay between check being cashed and permit in hand. Something is delaying this, and it's either they're cashing the checks before processing or something else.

So you got yours for free?

So far yes.

I sent two applications in. The first one after 3 weeks I found out they never received. It was sent regular mail.

The second one I sent Priority Mail Signature Required. Called to confirm they had it after it said delivered to PO Box. Called after 5 weeks to confirm they processed it. Woman said yes we deposited your check and you should have it anyday.

Within a couple days I had the permit in hand but check has yet to clear my bank. Just checked now and nothing. I have had my permit for awhile now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Check cashed Sunday 9/25. Thought for sure I'd have it by last weekend seeing other get it within 5 or do days. Was on vacation over the weekend. Came home Tuesday all excited. Checked the mail and then disappointed.... Maybe today???

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seems that "Two Weeks is the New Three Days." 

The Good Lord was very, very good to me today.

Top box in the mail today contained a new holster for my Beretta Storm in 9mm. Nice. But the closest place I can carry is W. Virginia. My, my, I'm depressed.

But wait!

Beneath the box was an envelope from the NH State Police. No it was not notice of expungement of my conviction for public lewdness or intoxication with intent to kill (myself). 

It was my mother-flippin NH carry permit. Don't mess with me. Add two states where I am, and intend to be, Armed and Dangerous.

For all you losers out there still waiting, it was 17 days since they cashed the check, about 7 weeks since I mailed in the application. Be patient. If they issue one of those danged things to me they'll issue one to you.

2qtc1oz.jpg

My wife looks pretty good don't you think?

Congrats to you Newt! I can't wait to open mine after work and take in that new permit smell for the first time!

It's a cheap plastic card, no photo, looks like it was made in a 5&10 kiosk. Not like the driver license-quality Utah card. No smell at all. 

That's 35 states that recognize my Constitutional right to self defense. The one that counts most refuses. I feel like a guy who can sleep with almost any woman he wants but his ugly wife won't even give him a hand job. 

Well, maybe not that bad :)

• Like 1

I sent mine certified mail on 8/18/2016 and they signed/received it 8/23/2016. My permit was "Issued 9/19/2017", check cashed 9/21/2016, mailed back on 10/05/2016 and received it today 10/07/2016. The expiration is actually 1/31/2021 so they gave me a few extra months for my wait. Thanks NH!!!!

Congratulations gentlemen and welcome to the club! The weekend is upon us so

it's a good time to drive to PA or DE and try out your new cards! :D

I'm working all weekend :(

But I'm off Monday and Tuesday!!!!

Thanks for the congrats man!

Congratulations gentlemen and welcome to the club! The weekend is upon us so

it's a good time to drive to PA or DE and try out your new cards! :D

DE is a no go on a New Hampshire Non resident last I checked. Utah will cover DE I go a few times a year because of that. Just got the NH for PA and avoided PA the last few years until now!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk