CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

Nope.  Just the NH application and fee.

How do you get past this part, on page 2

NON-RESIDENT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
ALL LICENSE APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
A non-resident pistol license will not be issued unless you supply:
1)A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which
you reside.
OR IF YOU RESIDE IN A STATE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE A LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED:
(Pursuant to Saf-C 2102.03)
2) A letter from your local police department signed by an authorized representative indicating
the following:
a) The state does not require a license to carry concealed for residents;

You live in NJ,  New Hampshire loves and feels for you!  Print out the obsolete application send it and $100.00 to the gracious folks at the NH State Police. And they will send you A little plastic card that says they think you should be able to defend yourself in some states when you are outside NJ.

Only clearer way to explain it is start at the beginning of the post and you'll find the other answers.

• Like 2

What is everyone putting for the question of 'Reason of application to carry pistol' ?

From the back of the form

I used all proper purposes

A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more
of these reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) for which you make application to carry
a pistol in New Hampshire.

Better hope PA DA elect Shapiro lets you slide in PA on a NH CCW.  I would not bet on it though.  It will be about as good as Utah CCW in PA, NADA!

I still look at it as a valuable permit even if the reciprocity does change. By far the easiest permit to get and and even though I can't CCW it allows me to freely transport in PA within the normal restrictions, not too/from range etc. 

If Trump comes through with National Reciprocity, that NH non resident CCW might get us PA + PRNJ!

Don't hold your breath.  We will get much worse before any Federal Calvary comes over the Delaware.  Murphy's got to go, but, if by some miracle he does, then we get Sweeney and Fulop back in the race.  Gotta beat Murphy at the ballot box. That my friend is next to impossible at this time.

Better hope PA DA elect Shapiro lets you slide in PA on a NH CCW.  I would not bet on it though.  It will be about as good as Utah CCW in PA, NADA!

I wonder if UT/FL non-resident CCW holders will have recourse if Shapiro allows NH reciprocity to stand? UT & FL require a day's class, FL has the additional requirement of live-fire instruction, whereas NH requires a form and a check. How can Shapiro justify cancelling reciprocity for the former, but allow the latter to stand? 

I wonder if UT/FL non-resident CCW holders will have recourse if Shapiro allows NH reciprocity to stand? UT & FL require a day's class, FL has the additional requirement of live-fire instruction, whereas NH requires a form and a check. How can Shapiro justify cancelling reciprocity for the former, but allow the latter to stand? 

He can't.....And he won't!  I see a trip to Texas in my future!

No recourse, each agreement is a separate item.  NH required home state CCW to get NH NR CCW.  Well that changed with the court decision in NH. Meanwhile, PA was trashing their AG in court, and she resigned. Well, the interim AG has his hands full no time for NH's status change.  Come January new AG, new rules.

Is there 12 Democrats is the PA House who believe in the Constitution and the Second Amendment? In order to override Governor Veto in PA the entire general assembly votes as a whole correct? If so they are 12 votes short in the House. Reason I ask is I think they will pass Constitutional Carry in PA. I don't think Wolf will sign it.

It is amazing that Trump won PA, GOP picked up both House and Senate seats in PA, yet Dems won State Offices. Perfect example why the electoral college is needed. Without it Liberal Hall Holes would be deciding for the rest of the country.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

How did PA go Trump but for State Offices. It looks like PA's days as a Free State are numbered. Instead of moving across the river Indiana is looking more promising

What I believed happened were numerous democrats came out to vote for Trump then voted (D) the rest of the ticket. Also, keep in mind a Pennsylvania (D) is quite different than one from New Jersey. There's numerous pro gun democrats in PA and I have more in common with them than the Eastern PA republicans. We're hoping the legislature will enact something similar to VA where all permits are recognized and remove the power of reciprocity from a single person.

I wouldn't worry if you have already submitted, but all the experts and trainers I have heard address this question say to put Protection/Self Defense for a reason. Covers you under all situations, although the alternative seems to in this case. However, I believe there are one or more states that only allow loaded car carry (and possibly other areas) if the license is for defense.

If you have a hunting license or NRA basic pistol class you can get Florida. There is no day class required by them. If you are going locally in NJ to get it the day class is so that you can prove proficiency.

If you have a hunting license or NRA basic pistol class you can get Florida. There is no day class required by them. If you are going locally in NJ to get it the day class is so that you can prove proficiency.

I meant it in the sense that it requires a day's worth of instruction, not necessarily a specific-to-a-state class though they're often advertised that way.

I applied on 11-7 still waiting their phone number is 1-603-223-3873

It's only been 3 weeks. You have at least 2 more weeks to go. Going by when they cash check isn't necessarily the best method. NH never cashed my check and my Permit arrived in the mail anyways.