CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

It's only been 3 weeks. You have at least 2 more weeks to go. Going by when they cash check isn't necessarily the best method. NH never cashed my check and my Permit arrived in the mail anyways.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Also, my check was cashed 10 days before I got my permit. Some others had their check cashed and permit in hand within a few days.

Mine went out on 10/26

mosinnagant and i sent ours out the same day, he got his today, i should see mine in a day or 2 as our postoffice is behind since its being rerouted to bergenfeild since the minivan decided to park in the lobby...

so 30 days hath september april june and november...

so thats 44 days if i can count

Still waiting on mine.  Been about four weeks now, so I'm guessing it'll be another four weeks.

Yes, continued patience is called for. 

On a related note, I was just informed by my employer this afternoon that I may be traveling to Dallas for a two week assignment in early January.  If confirmed,I hope to fit in a Texas Non-Resident class while there.

I believe the next frontier in faux gun freedom for NJ residents will be obtaining a Pennsy resident license.

I know many people on the west bank. I knew one who would have definitely helped but he like, died right after Utah pooped. 

Anyone have any ideas on residency or what might pass for it? Documentation requirements for getting a license? Feasibility of changing DLs to PA then back to NJ but retaining PA carry license? "Summer homes"? Being in a police situation in a 3rd state where you must show a DL and carry license but they're from different states? What constitutes fraud in these scenarios and what level crime that might be? 

This could be an excellent business for one of you knuckle-draggin' Trump-votin' skallawags. Price it at 3/4 the Utah class fee -- greater coverage, no "class" I presume. Would be interesting to see if they ever notice that 90,000 people live at 23 Valhalla Blvd., apt. 2B, Scrotum, PA.

I believe the next frontier in faux gun freedom for NJ residents will be obtaining a Pennsy resident license.

I know many people on the west bank. I knew one who would have definitely helped but he like, died right after Utah pooped. 

Anyone have any ideas on residency or what might pass for it? Documentation requirements for getting a license? Feasibility of changing DLs to PA then back to NJ but retaining PA carry license? "Summer homes"? Being in a police situation in a 3rd state where you must show a DL and carry license but they're from different states? What constitutes fraud in these scenarios and what level crime that might be? 

This could be an excellent business for one of you knuckle-draggin' Trump-votin' skallawags. Price it at 3/4 the Utah class fee -- greater coverage, no "class" I presume. Would be interesting to see if they ever notice that 90,000 people live at 23 Valhalla Blvd., apt. 2B, Scrotum, PA.

I could say I live with my brother in PA. I could also buy a small parcel of swamp land in PA and get a PA DL etc. I would never get caught..........Until I shot someone in self defense. The resulting

investigation would most certainly result in my PA resident CCW being deemed fraudulent and my ass going to jail.  No thanks!

I could say I live with my brother in PA. I could also buy a small parcel of swamp land in PA and get a PA DL etc. I would never get caught..........Until I shot someone in self defense. The resulting

investigation would most certainly result in my PA resident CCW being deemed fraudulent and my ass going to jail. No thanks!

Dual Citizenship. Perfectly legal. Own shack or condo in PA. Keep it vacant or write lease where you are renting out all rooms but one bedroom however tenant has use of bedroom.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The license is good until it expires or is revoked. Whether you move or not. That being said, it is the Sheriff's duty to revoke your license if he learns you no longer qualify for it (such as living in Jersey). And it doesn't matter whether or not you get his letter or he knows where to send it. Not sure how he would find out, maybe a police incident and they narc on you. Under the law it is assumed you would be OK for that day (until he revokes it), but in reality there is no way of knowing what a judge will do if charges are pressed.

Some counties want a voter registration card, some allow another document to prove you live at the address, some might not ask for anything. I am assuming all ask for Driver's License. There must be a way around that, but I am sure it raises all kinds of red flags.

PA law requires you to notify DOT and get a new driver's license within 15 days of moving. Not sure if those penalties follow you back to Jersey, or if Jersey will notify PA because you used a PA driver's license to egt your NJ license. I believe PA LTCF is attached to DL now, so there is another way you could get snagged by DOT or by a cop if anybody cares or is checking.

I am aware of the dual citizenship being legal but to do it right would come at some expense. I am also pretty certain that a PA resident permit,

if forced down the PRNJ's throat by the feds that true NJ shall issue or even non-resident permits would work.

Like Mipafox said, too easy to get busted. You can't  have DLs in 2 states at the same time without getting caught somehow!

The license is good until it expires or is revoked. Whether you move or not. That being said, it is the Sheriff's duty to revoke your license if he learns you no longer qualify for it (such as living in Jersey). And it doesn't matter whether or not you get his letter or he knows where to send it. Not sure how he would find out, maybe a police incident and they narc on you. Under the law it is assumed you would be OK for that day (until he revokes it), but in reality there is no way of knowing what a judge will do if charges are pressed.

Some counties want a voter registration card, some allow another document to prove you live at the address, some might not ask for anything. I am assuming all ask for Driver's License. There must be a way around that, but I am sure it raises all kinds of red flags.

PA law requires you to notify DOT and get a new driver's license within 15 days of moving. Not sure if those penalties follow you back to Jersey, or if Jersey will notify PA because you used a PA driver's license to egt your NJ license. I believe PA LTCF is attached to DL now, so there is another way you could get snagged by DOT or by a cop if anybody cares or is checking.

Come to think of it there's no reason not to retain the PA driver's license. The issue then reduces to 1) what constitutes residency and 2) how far afield can you wander from the letter of that law and not get into serious trouble if you're stopped. Anyone know about summer homes? Second homes?

Cops don't ask about your neighborhood when they stop you just to check do they?

Of course this is all theoretical. SWINM is the term I believe. 

application mailed on 11/7  check cashed 1/3 permit in hand 1/5/2017                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Pleased to share that in addition to my recently acquired NH permit, I today passed the Texas License to Carry class while here in Dallas for a work assignment. (Refer to my thread in the Training forum for details.) Significant in the event the new PA AG terminates recognition of NH.

• Like 1

Congratulations oldguysrule649!  I also want to get Texas to add to my FL and NH permits collection.

Closest I came to Texas was Phoenix, AZ last summer. Not close enough though I was able to visit PK90!

With National Reciprocity coming soon as well as the Republicans picking more state seats, I am hoping

that the new PA AG either won't bother or won't be able to end reciprocity with NH. Time will tell though!

Application mailed 11/23. Check cashed 1/17. Hope permit comes in the next few days

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Application mailed 11/22. Check cleared 1/18. Awaiting permit.

Mailed 11/23, cleared 1/18.  We should all go out for a beer to celebrate when we get them!