CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

So looking at the application it says copy of front and back copy of your valid concealed carry. what if you don't have one what have other successful recipients done?

Another question is Resident State License No?

what have you done with these questions.

Leave Resident State License # space BLANK. Send copies of nothing. You will get your permit!

You should read the web site that directs you to the permit page. You do not have to send a copy of your states concealed carry permit, nor a letter from your local PD.

Leave Resident State License # space BLANK. Send copies of nothing. You will get your permit!

Thanks everyone. i was reading the site but i wanted clarification. If I'm successful i want to take the UT CC class. 

Congratulations! Now grab your gun and carry in PA while you still can!

Does this include Philly?  I had a PA resident saying he could carry anywhere in PA but Philly, but when I challenged him to show the law stating that, he could not come up with anything.  Any thoughts?

Does this include Philly?  I had a PA resident saying he could carry anywhere in PA but Philly, but when I challenged him to show the law stating that, he could not come up with anything.  Any thoughts?

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=7582

• Like 1

My understanding is that if you have a CCW recognized by PA, such as NH, you can carry concealed in Philly.

Open carry is a no go in Philly only. I was told with a Recognized CCW, it's not illegal to OC in Philly, but you will get

stopped and harassed.

Do I have this right?

My understanding is that if you have a CCW recognized by PA, such as NH, you can carry concealed in Philly.

Open carry is a no go in Philly only. I was told with a Recognized CCW, it's not illegal to OC in Philly, but you will get

stopped and harassed.

Do I have this right?

Close enough. It is unlikely you will be stopped and harassed. But the cops in Philly believe they can ask to see your permit because of the difference in Commonwealth law, so anything can happen. Most likely they will see your gun and ignore you. It's not as bad as it once was. Philly was sued over that crap and their policies and retraining were changed. So actual harassment is unlikely.

Mailed application 1/13/17. Check cashed today, 2/24/17. Guess I should have my permit around 3/1/17. Right on schedule!

I mailed my application the day after you, 1/14/2017, and my check hasn't been cashed yet. Hopefully it will happen this week.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 1