CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

Did you get it yet??

Unfortunately, not yet ;(

I checked my account and find the check was presented for payment on 2/21 in Concord.  It cleared on 2/22.  Nothing in the mail today so that's 8 days since it cleared, 9 since it was cashed.

Don't know what the record is but I recall some guys waited about 2 weeks.  If it does not show up tomorrow morning, I am going to give them a call.

Thanks for asking!

Tom

• Like 1

Unfortunately, not yet ;(

I checked my account and find the check was presented for payment on 2/21 in Concord.  It cleared on 2/22.  Nothing in the mail today so that's 8 days since it cleared, 9 since it was cashed.

Don't know what the record is but I recall some guys waited about 2 weeks.  If it does not show up tomorrow morning, I am going to give them a call.

Thanks for asking!

Tom

My asking is purely a selfish endeavor, as my check cleared on the 24th and I also have nothing yet. :)

If you do get an answer from them please post it here. 

My asking is purely a selfish endeavor, as my check cleared on the 24th and I also have nothing yet. :)

Sure thing, I'll keep you posted :)

• Like 1

I mailed my application and check on 1/14. My check still hasn't been cashed, which has me a little concerned.

Your application should be about a week or so behind mine Darrenf"s and mine.  I will post when I receive it.  The website says to allow 7-10 days for printing and mailing. Add a few days for USPS transit time and you are at 2 weeks.  Hang in there...

Thanks, TR20. I just checked my bank account and like magic, it showed that my check cleared today (happy birthday to me)! Now I guess it's waiting a couple of weeks for the permit.

Looks like I'm about a week behind you and darrenf.

Bingo!  Today was my lucky day.  Permit arrived in the mail, sent from Concord on 2/28.  Darrenf, you should get yours very shortly.

Gunsrlegal, you are about a week behind us and should get yours about 7-10 days after your check cleared.  That seems to be the way it has been working thus far.

Good luck to you both!

Tom

• Like 1

Bingo!  Today was my lucky day.  Permit arrived in the mail, sent from Concord on 2/28.  Darrenf, you should get yours very shortly.

Gunsrlegal, you are about a week behind us and should get yours about 7-10 days after your check cleared.  That seems to be the way it has been working thus far.

Good luck to you both!

Tom

Yeah, nothing for me today.  I was hoping to have it since I'm heading to Philly tomorrow.  Oh well.  Is it for 5 years?

-Darren

Yeah, nothing for me today.  I was hoping to have it since I'm heading to Philly tomorrow.  Oh well.  Is it for 5 years?

-Darren

Sorry to hear that, perhaps it will come tomorrow!

Oddly enough, the permit is for 4 years but the issue date on mine is 2/21/17 with an expiration date of 12/31/21.  I checked the website and found a confusing explaination that essentially says its a 4 year permit with the clock starting the end of the year it was issued.  BTW, as things stand now, you have to reapply for the renewal.  Its not like Florida or Utah (online).

Good luck!

Tom

• Like 1

I'm happy to report that my NH non-resident "Pistol/Revolver License" arrived today, a week earlier than I expected. Like Darrenf, issue date is 2/28/2017, but my expiration date is 3/31/2022. Not sure why, but I can't complain.

I know that this may be a paranoid question, but no where on the license does it say "concealed carry." This can be used in PA (among other states) for CCW, correct?

• Like 1

I'm happy to report that my NH non-resident "Pistol/Revolver License" arrived today, a week earlier than I expected. Like Darrenf, issue date is 2/28/2017, but my expiration date is 3/31/2022. Not sure why, but I can't complain.

I know that this may be a paranoid question, but no where on the license does it say "concealed carry." This can be used in PA (among other states) for CCW, correct?

Depends on the state. PA has open carry without any license except in Philly. For open carry, any state's license will allow you to keep the gun on your hip while walking around. In

in your car. Without any CCW, PA has laws like the PRNJ about transport.

The NH license is fully honored by PA as of right now! You may conceal carry anywhere in the state including Philadelphia.

Congratulations on the permit. Now you need to do the Wally Walk! I did mine today in Delaware with my Florida permit since DE does not have reciprocity for NH non resident permits.

A PA LTCF does not say concealed carry on it either.

On the surface, PA "transport laws" do seem similar to NJ laws for practical purposes. There is an underlying difference. In PA you are allowed to possess a handgun anywhere, except in the car, except when going to certain places. (not including restrictions in Philly and courts). In Jersey you are allowed to possess a handgun NOWHERE, with a few exceptions, to include a car between those places. Jersey does not really have "transport laws," it has possession laws. With some added requirements for the narrow exceptions when traveling.

Just got home and got Saturday's mail. Oh happy day, it was in there. Issue date 2/28/17. Expires 6/30/2022.

That's 5 years and 4 months!!!

They must be assigning random expiration dates. Mine came Saturday (3/4) with a 2/28 issue date and 12/31/22 expiration.  That comes out to 5 years 10 months.

• Like 1

It's not random it's 5 years and the month of your birth.

Thanks.  Looking at the dates I guess you're correct.  It was just that the application says "$100.00 (Four Year Permit)"  so that's what I was expecting.  But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it being close to 6 years for me.

Just got mine in the mailbox.  Now to find as much info on conceal carry in PA.

Ramnj, congrats on receiving your permit. I just turned 64 and CC'd Saturday for the first time ever. You may find my thread below helpful.

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/85208-nj-pa-concealed-carry-logistics/page-1

• Like 1

I was told they have a huge backlog of applications due to the change in the law. I waited 6 weeks for mine. Check was presented the same day I received mine in the mail (I guess they mailed it out before cashing the check)

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk