CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

ANJRPC posted something today to the effect that NH has fixed the problem with the three remaining states that don't issue permits. From the posts here it looks like several hundred of us were able to get a NH license without this fix. I'm thinking that maybe it involved some administrative (meaning operational) change. It's hard enough to do a round trip by US mail from Newton NJ to Keene NH IN TEN DAYS, MUCH LESS HAVE THEIR BUREAUCRACY PROCESS A FORM AND RETURN A STATE ID CARD. They must simply be rubber-stamping these applications now that NH is constitutional carry. I can't think of any other reason.

Bold are my edits.

Edited by Newtonian
Original was unclear.

2 hours ago, Newtonian said:

ANJRPC posted something today to the effect that NH has fixed the problem with the three remaining states that don't issue permits. From the posts here it looks like several hundred of us were able to get a NH license without this fix. I'm thinking that maybe it involved some administrative (meaning operational) change. It's hard enough to do a round trip by US mail from Newton NJ to Keene NH. They must simply be rubber-stamping these applications now that NH is constitutional carry. I can't think of any other reason.

What did they fix?  This is confusing.

I noticed the other day that my NH permit is expiring this month so I just filled out the renewal and will be mailing it out today. Anyone renew theirs and if so, how long did it take to get it back?

14 minutes ago, InFamous said:

I noticed the other day that my NH permit is expiring this month so I just filled out the renewal and will be mailing it out today. Anyone renew theirs and if so, how long did it take to get it back?

Good question.  I applied in 2017 and I don't think it took a real long time.  Maybe a month?   I had one back in 2009 when I was a Pennsylvania resident and they were a only $25!

25 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

Good question.  I applied in 2017 and I don't think it took a real long time.  Maybe a month?   I had one back in 2009 when I was a Pennsylvania resident and they were a only $25!

I just put it in the mailbox so I'll let ya'll know when I get it back. 

6 minutes ago, Xtors said:

What's the benefit to the NH permit since the PA AG closed that hole? I need to check my renewal date...

IMO easiest non-res permit to get and $100 for 5 years is cheap IMO. I originally did get it for PA...which does suck. 

Unless you're using it for reciprocity, and I'm not sure where a non-resident permit is good for that anymore, there is no benefit for the NH non-resident permit.  NH went constitutional carry a couple years back.  Anyone can carry here as long as you're not a prohibited person.

Just now, father-of-three said:

A Nonresident New Hampshire permit will allow you to carry firearms in your vehicle in Pennsylvania.  It's exception 11 on PA6106.

Interesting. Good to know. Thanks for posting!

6 minutes ago, InFamous said:

Reciprocity.

image.png.4a3275475f8861bcc6351640c8db5cfc.png

Yeah...

Arizona, Utah, Virginia, and Florida have better reciprocity and include Delaware.

And Open carry without an accepted permit isn't going to happen in Pennsylvania until a reasonable Republican governor is elected...hopefully in 2022.

53 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

Yeah...

Arizona, Utah, Virginia, and Florida have better reciprocity and include Delaware.

And Open carry without an accepted permit isn't going to happen in Pennsylvania until a reasonable Republican governor is elected...hopefully in 2022.

I don't have any of those, so that's why NH is convenient, it's just the application and payment, no fingerprints, classes, etc... VA you can't do online anymore as of Dec 31st which sucks, I procrastinated too long on that one. 

Same with Utah and FL LOL

3 hours ago, InFamous said:

I don't have any of those, so that's why NH is convenient, it's just the application and payment, no fingerprints, classes, etc... VA you can't do online anymore as of Dec 31st which sucks, I procrastinated too long on that one. 

Same with Utah and FL LOL

True.  NH is more convenient in that regard.  The good thing is that Arizona, Virginia, and Florida will accept the Pennsylvania hunter safety course as training and probably the New Jersey equivilent.  Florida amd Virginia require fingerprints on each renewal, whereas Arizona does not.  Arizona has a low renewal cost.  I think around $35.

• Like 1

With CCW the talk of the town. My local LGS said that I should just fill out a NH non-resident and send the $100. I am waiting till NJ works out it's kinks. I say that because I am in North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia and Florida 8-10x a year. How does it work? Say you get pulled over or stopped on the street and you hand over your NJ drivers license for ID and then a NH non-resident CCW card for your firearm do these states recognize that?! I was told by someone with a Utah Non-resident that a PA police officer said your ID and CCW addresses have to match.. Any NH non-resident CCW holders have any info on this matter?  **THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES**

dssp260.pdf

18 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

you hand over your NJ drivers license for ID and then a NH non-resident CCW card for your firearm do these states recognize that?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nh-gun-laws/

18 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

a PA police officer said your ID and CCW addresses have to match

Well of course they do, why wouldn't they?  The address on your NH non-resident CCW would show your NJ address. Regarding PA and NH, see:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nh-gun-laws/#recRestricted

image.png.ae0bf58ed7a93d0c9826991c304e4ef7.png

PA does not accept NH non-resident ccw.

August renewal for me. Got my form filled out and a reminder to mail it after August 3. (They like renewals within a 30-day window.)

And don't forget to read both pages for out of state renewals, where they remind you of the two legitimate reasons to use when applying.

15 hours ago, father-of-three said:

I'm considering a New Hampshire renewal, but I already have Arizona, although it seems like the Arizona renewal is taking a long time.

It depends what you want the NH license for.  Now that NJ is shall issue (meaning, whenever they get around to it), all the out of state licenses for reciprocity seem a bit overkill.  If you want to carry in NH, it's now a constitutional-carry state, no license required.