CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

^^So Anthony @ GFH has the wrong maps up on his website currently?  It shows permits not valid in Maine - and if they are a state like VT which has no permit or licensing requirement it would be blue like VT is on the map on their site.

EDIT:  Maine is NOT honored unless you are a Florida resident per the Maine website - so the non-resident UT and FL permits, like I said, are only valid in Vermont (not needed) and Delaware (needed) are the only places you can use them from MD on up.

^^So Anthony @ GFH has the wrong maps up on his website currently?  It shows permits not valid in Maine - and if they are a state like VT which has no permit or licensing requirement it would be blue like VT is on the map on their site.

EDIT:  Maine is NOT honored unless you are a Florida resident per the Maine website - so the non-resident UT and FL permits, like I said, are only valid in Vermont (not needed) and Delaware (needed) are the only places you can use them from MD on up.

I thought Maine was Constitutional carry (Concealed/Open). The only reason for the permit was certain state parks---correct?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maine.pdf

^^Thats great - so it looks like we were both right!  Non-res FL is not needed to get Maine, because Maine no longer requires a permit as long as you are 21 years or older and not barred from possession of a firearm.

Great news!  I like to plan my vacation states based on their carry laws so VT and ME remain on the list lol

So Maine now joins VT!  I see a spreading of constitutional carry towards Down East.....   just a matter of time till it spreads further down the coast. 

Ha, ha, ha! Please arrange to have your great-great grand children tape a note on my gravestone when this happens in NJ. That way, I can arrange for my distant descendants to exhume my corpse and strap on my Sig P227. 

• Like 1

It's been a couple weeks -- Hear anything?

Nothing yet.  I sent it in 6/4 and their website says 14 days to issue.   That's only 2 days ago.  There was delivery time there and delivery time back. It could sit in the mail room for a day.  Even if they follow their own rules and their new ruling, I shouldn't expect anything for a a few more days.

I'll probably call to follow up next Monday.

Nothing yet.  I sent it in 6/4 and their website says 14 days to issue.   That's only 2 days ago.  There was delivery time there and delivery time back. It could sit in the mail room for a day.  Even if they follow their own rules and their new ruling, I shouldn't expect anything for a a few more days.

I'll probably call to follow up next Monday.

Interesting... At least they didn't send it right back

just sent this email over.. 

Hello,

With the new ruling by the Supreme Court in mind, are we available to send in our Non-Resident CCW permit even though the form/website has not been updated?  I just want to make sure I am not wasting your time or my own time by sending applications in to early.  I just wanted to confirm if we could leave the “copy of ccw of your home state” portion of the application blank and send the rest in.

Thank you for your help!

Just got the email back.. Said they haven't updated the online forms yet but they are processing applications with Supreme Court ruling.

Dropped in UPS tonight....

you're saying you filled out the existing form on the site and sent that in?

Yes, just fill out the form and send it in we are waiting for the updated forms but we are processing the old ones.

That is the email I got back ... I printed it out and sent it with the form

You sent it with no other states CCW?  This would be even better than before if NH no longer requires a CCW from anywhere.

I'll be sending mine tomorrow with a copy of my Florida permit,  Just in case

Where does it say ok there you need to send any CCW ?

Why would they care if you have another stats non resident ?

The form doesn't ask for anything Beyond information

This form doesn't --  The old form for a NH non resident CCW required a CCW from any state --  this was their requirement

The law changed and they required a CCW from your HOME state --  the current form --  

This spurred the supreme court case because it made us, NJ residents,  not eligible for a NH non resident CCW

This court case changed the law requiring a CCW from your home state --  Just not sure if they are going back to the way they did it before requiring a CCW from any state or just not requiring a CCW at all 

Well I would assume that since I was told to send in the current form online without a CCW from my home state ...

I feel like they would have said wait for the new forms or more updates to be available before you start sending in.

I don't think non-resident CC permits from FL are honored in Maine, so GFH is right.  I looked it up here:

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_reciprocity.html

A resident told me Maine is now  a "constitutional carry state".  I couldn't believe it until I read the law myself.  Basically from what I saw, anyone 21 years and older can carry a handgun concealed and loaded, in Maine or in a vehicle, without a Maine Carry permit (except in parks, schools, federal land, etc as listed on Maine State Police site):

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_permits.html

So Maine now joins VT!  I see a spreading of constitutional carry towards Down East.....   just a matter of time till it spreads further down the coast. 

Old news. And "joins VT?" There are about 10 states with the same rules. A new one has been added almost every year on average for the past 10 years.

handgunlaw.us

Just got the email back.. Said they haven't updated the online forms yet but they are processing applications with Supreme Court ruling.

What exactly did you have to send them. Since I last looked they wanted a note from our grandmothers -- I mean the local PD.

What exactly did you have to send them. Since I last looked they wanted a note from our grandmothers -- I mean the local PD.

That note is from states with no CCW permit --  Doesn't apply to us in NJ -- The state of NJ says they do issue CCW permits just nobody qualifies

I just filled out the form for NH a few hours ago

Answered all questions, 3 references, and a copy of my Non resident florida CCW -- and a check for $100

This was what was needed before NH decided to only issue to holders of their resident state CCW permits 

It goes in the mail tomorrow morning

That note is from states with no CCW permit --  Doesn't apply to us in NJ -- The state of NJ says they do issue CCW permits just nobody qualifies

Answered all questions, 3 references, and a copy of my Non resident florida CCW -- and a check for $100

This was what was needed before NH decided to only issue to holders of their resident state CCW permits 

That was very helpful. Thanks. Mine will go out tomorrow as well unless the references need to be mailed with the application. I'll check.

Just so others are aware I think it can be any non-resident CCW you have (it doesn't have to be from Florida).

Thank you for the update.

I sent mine in 2 weeks ago.  Have not received a reply yet but I included copies of my UT ccw with the application.  I'll be watching the mail now.

Thank you for the update.

I sent mine in 2 weeks ago.  Have not received a reply yet but I included copies of my UT ccw with the application.  I'll be watching the mail now.

Have you heard from any of your references -- Have they been contacted by NH State Police? 

Have you heard from any of your references -- Have they been contacted by NH State Police? 

Nobody called me to let me know and my check hasn't cleared as of last  night.    The reference part of the application only asks for the references addresses, not phone numbers so I don't know if they contact by mail or not at all.   Seems like 14 days to issue is hard to do if you're depending on the US mail there and back first.