CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

Regarding PA, if they dropped FL non-resident, I can't imagine that they are going to accept NH for very long if it doesn't even require evidence of training or if you can simply send NH your non-resident FL CCW.  I guess we'll see.  This entire system is so utterly absurd.

Okay, so now we know! No CCW or FID card is required. Just a check and completed form with 3 references that they don't even contact!

I see PA reciprocity ending REAL soon!

Okay, so now we know! No CCW or FID card is required. Just a check and completed form with 3 references that they don't even contact!

I see PA reciprocity ending REAL soon!

It must be the fact that I'm old but you guys worry too much.  I do know one thing though, as most of you should know. These forums are at times watched by minions for the powers to be.  Going on here or other forums and questioning the possibility of NH reciprocity  being dropped due to no qualifications or class.   Hell you might as well send Kane A letter asking her opinion. Or post that stupid question on the  PAFOA forum, Like I just saw A few minutes ago.

Not busting balls but if you want the permit from NH, Get it be happy you have it but leave sleeping dogs lay.

It must be the fact that I'm old but you guys worry too much.  I do know one thing though, as most of you should know. These forums are at times watched by minions for the powers to be.  Going on here or other forums and questioning the possibility of NH reciprocity  being dropped due to no qualifications or class.   Hell you might as well send Kane A letter asking her opinion. Or post that stupid question on the  PAFOA forum, Like I just saw A few minutes ago.

Not busting balls but if you want the permit from NH, Get it be happy you have it but leave sleeping dogs lay.

one of the smartest things ive seen written in this forum. btw, i'm not sure why this all seems so strange. are you all not aware that in many states constitutional carry is the law of the land? no permit, no fid, no nothing. just be a law abiding citizen and you can carry, simple as that. whats sad to me is how we've been conditioned in this dumb state to think this is the outlier. no folks, WE are the outlier...

Believe me when I say I am no spring chicken either. It's not that I worry to much, I am a realist!  My opinion here will have zero effect on what may or will come next from anther state!

You say I worry too much yet you are worried about my post opening their eyes! Do you really believe the states don't communicate with one another? There is an agreement for

reciprocity between states. I would think that PA was officially notified, by agreement, of the change in NH gun laws. Reciprocity agreements are written legal contracts between

states. I would certainly think if the terms of said contract change on either side that legal notice must be given to the other party in the agreement.

PA knows! the question is, what if anything will change based on that knowledge? Only time will tell!

Believe me when I say I am no spring chicken either. It's not that I worry to much, I am a realist!  My opinion here will have zero effect on what may or will come next from anther state!

You say I worry too much yet you are worried about my post opening their eyes! Do you really believe the states don't communicate with one another? There is an agreement for

reciprocity between states. I would think that PA was officially notified, by agreement, of the change in NH gun laws. Reciprocity agreements are written legal contracts between

states. I would certainly think if the rules change on either side that legal notice must be given to the other party in the agreement.

PA knows! the question is, what if anything will change based on that knowledge? Only time will tell!

JohnnyB

My post above was not aimed toward you. In fact I know A good amount of the guys at your range including you are standup guys.

You speak your minds and have been thru struggles over there. I know because I belonged there for A while myself.

I just happened to be on the PA site and saw A post that if you go read it you probably would have felt the same as I did and mentioned it.  I didn't call out the poster as I thought it wasn't proper. That said, There is A reason the NH non res hasn't been A topic over there.  Until about 11 AM this morning. And surprise there are no replies to it.  Like I said best to leave sleeping dogs lie.

Maybe the Op on there should PM Streaker and request A delete of his 1st post on PAFOA.

Sorry if you took this as being toward you, As it was not. 

You can call

Me out its no problem.

I asked because I didn't know if someone on that site had heard any rumblings of anything.

If you think that topic post will make a light bulb go off for the AG because they don't k ow what's going on I think is a bit of a stretch.

In PA all you need a driver lisence to buy a gun... You think other law abiding citizens coming over that have had backroad checks from NH is worse?

I will gladly edit my post on the other site of you think that will be the reason for the change

JohnnyB

My post above was not aimed toward you. In fact I know A good amount of the guys at your range including you are standup guys.

You speak your minds and have been thru struggles over there. I know because I belonged there for A while myself.

I just happened to be on the PA site and saw A post that if you go read it you probably would have felt the same as I did and mentioned it.  I didn't call out the poster as I thought it wasn't proper. That said, There is A reason the NH non res hasn't been A topic over there.  Until about 11 AM this morning. And surprise there are no replies to it.  Like I said best to leave sleeping dogs lie.

Maybe the Op on there should PM Streaker and request A delete of his 1st post on PAFOA.

Sorry if you took this as being toward you, As it was not. 

Thanks, I did not take it as being against me personally at all! I just know that reciprocity agreements between states are written contracts requiring written notification if either side changes their rules.

NH used to require any states CCW including non resident. They were sued by a group in NJ which included ANJRPC when they changed their rules to only accept a CCW from your state of residence. Since NJ is a "may issue" (MY ASS) state, but in reality is "no issue", the citizens on NJ were completely unable to qualify for a NH non resident CCW.

The old rules for NH non resident were any resident or non resident CCW.

The new rules, I think from 2013 state:

A CCW from your state of residence only! (Jersey left out there) Since we are "may issue"

A letter from your CLEO if your state does not require any CCW. Jersey left out there as well since a CCW is required for carry here.

So instead of NH going back the any CCW rule, which was fine and did not exclude NJ residents. They went to "nothing required"!  I just think it will be an issue!

Edited

Thanks.

I didn't say what I did to flame you or bust on you.

I was just basically thinking relax, Let it be, like I said in A post A page or so back.  If you have the right to hold A CCW then there are states that will give it to you. Unlike NJ.

I know, its like waiting on that P2P so you can pickup that next new pistol, But sometimes patience even though hard is A virtue.

I was one of the first few to apply after the ruling.

Nothing personal was meant.  I was just stating A concern.

The same way that she and her cronies went after Christie for changing the justifiable need language.

well that what i am asking its the same process as changing laws or language?

everywhere i read it is more just (2) AG's agreeing and signing contracts.

Some states have legislated the power over to the AG to determine reciprocity.  Some states must enact laws.  NJ laws only recognize NJ CCW,  If NH will issue NR permits to PA residents without a PA LCTF, I would look to the PA DA to change to agreement.

NO, NJ law is codified that only NJ CCW are recognized and to get on you must meet 3 criteria.

1, person of good standing and that is codified.

2, Ability to safely handle a handgun again codified.

3. Demonstrate need, yet again codified.

Codified means there are statues written into the law that must be meet first.

And after this is all together you must convince the Court that it is warranted.  

....  If NH will issue NR permits to PA residents without a PA LCTF, I would look to the PA DA to change to agreement.

I don't understand your reasoning here. As I previously posted here, "Commonwealth v McKown" and its related appeals established that a PA resident MUST HAVE a LTCF to carry concealed in PA. I haven't found anything that overrules this decision. So a PA resident with non-resident permits/licenses from every state that issues them still could not carry concealed in PA without a LTCF. If I am misinformed on this issue I would welcome any corrections.

You are not as far as I can tell. But, with this decision in 2013 why did DA Kane pursue the agreement changes stating that PA residents were carrying with NR CCW in PA?  That will be her excuse again.  

Skimming the last few pages I have a few thoughts:

- NJ does not have a CCW permit.

- I don't recall NH's pistol permit requiring fingerprints so I wouldn't send out a copy of my FPIC if I already had a non-resident permit somewhere unless it was absolutely necessary, i.e. the CMP.

- Anti-gun operatives (political/judicial interns, journalists, etc.) definitely scrape these forums but I agree Kane is too busy worrying about her own O-ring to think about making a French sandwich right now.