Sign in to follow this  
Hairless_Ape

M&P 15 Sport II $600 out the door @ Cabela's

Not the greatest deal in the world, but $600 out the door is a fair savings over paying for one with sales tax and NICS fees in NJ. Yes, they have the NJ compliant model in stock at the Christiana Mall store in DE. I impulse bought one when I went there for ammo today and saw it was in stock.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/firearms/centerfire-rifles/semiautomatic-centerfire-rifles%7C/pc/104792580/c/553829580/sc/105522480/i/105524280/smith-amp-wesson-174-m-amp-p-15-sport-ii-semiautomatic-tactical-rifles/2231083.uts

• Like 1

I was on the phone with Tanners in PA, they have the compliant Ruger for $615 and Sport II for $556.

That $556 isn't out the door, you still need to add tax & fees. Still pretty close. Cabela's is a much shorter ride for me, and no stress of dealing with NE Philly drivers. Which is easily worth an extra $30-40, lol.

That $556 isn't out the door, you still need to add tax & fees. Still pretty close. Cabela's is a much shorter ride for me, and no stress of dealing with NE Philly drivers. Which is easily worth an extra $30-40, lol.

I picked up another M&P Sport at Cabelas in Delaware on Saturday.  I agree that the drive to Delaware is way better than the drive to Tanners.

I'm pretty sure that if you a resident of NJ and have a NJ FID they wont sell you a non-neutered model

To be honest I don't know but that makes sense - I just thought maybe compliance is your responsibility if you are buying out of state long gun, DE might not care which type you buy but if you are going home to NJ you better be sure you go straight to FFL for compliance work otherwise you are in possession of AW - under DE's law you are eligible to buy long gun with DL and a NICS, do they want your Jersey FPID? - (again correct me if I'm wrong, I buy my guns in state so I've never done any of this) its up to you to be in compliance with your law of the state you reside.  Although it would make sense if they ask for your FPID - since our state issues one.

I personally haven't gone out of state long gun shopping and I'm sure these are all flying off the shelves at Cabela's anyway right now, which is why I said it would be nice to get a "regular" model and kept at my in-laws until I move in a few months, so it would never actually be in NJ.

I've heard of guys with non-NJ compliant AR's that say they keep them at their family cabin in PA etc and never shoot it or bring it into NJ, and again not sure if its the right way to do things but it makes sense to me.

Although it makes perfectly clear sense to me that buying in DE they probably have notes on all the guns they get in on what states they can and can't sell these rifles and shotguns to.  I just confused the shit out of myself is all.  I need to get out of this state.

UNDER FEDERAL LAW:

When purchasing a long gun out of state you must meet the laws of both states. So no NJ non compliant pew pews.

I believe that the regulation says that the SALE must be lawful in both states. It does not say that the firearm needs to be compliant. LOL

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

May an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA in any State?

https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-answers/qa/may-unlicensed-person-acquire-firearm-under-gca-any-state

"... an over–the–counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s State of residence and the licensee’s State of business. ..."

If you go further South than DE or more West than PA you can buy a long gun without an NJFID. Other states are either unaware of our whacky laws, or simply don't care. It's illegal to do so if you don't posses an FID, but it can be done.

Out of curiosity, I asked the salesman at Cabela's if I could buy a rifle that was NJ compliant other than the capacity of the magazine it came with, and have them toss it or do whatever with it, and was told No. Which was the answer I expected. But at the same time, they don't check your ID when buying magazines, so they're not covering they're bums as much as they like to think they are.

I believe that the regulation says that the SALE must be lawful in both states. It does not say that the firearm needs to be compliant. LOL

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

This is kind of what I'm getting at. If I go to North Carolina to visit my in laws and decide to buy a Ruger AR556 - and just keep it there for trips and shooting at the ranges down there until we move, I have a FPID from NJ so I am lawfully able to purchase - I don't think I MUST buy a model that is compliant and again I think the onus is on ME after sale to not be possessing a non NJ compliant weapon IN New Jersey - this is a good discussion and I'm sure Cabelas in PA and DE is just covering their asses (or trying to)

Similar to being out of NJ the cops aren't going to pull you over in Georgia for not having an NJ front plate on.

When I bought my rifle at the cabela's in Michigan this past February I was asked for my NJ FPID at time of purchase. They also checked NJ magazine capacity laws.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk