Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyB

Need advice on fingerprinting for Florida NR CCW

I got my Florida fingerprint card today and went to my local PD.

City of Woodbury, NJ said no longer doing ink fingerprints.

Went to Deptford, NJ PD who said go back to Woodbury.

Called NJSP in Bellmawr. Woman said "sure, come right over".

I went there and was told they only fingerprint applicants to

the NJSP.

The card reads "Name and address of LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY where your prints are taken"

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Did you explain to the person that the fingerprints are not for NJ but for Florida? Try speaking to a detective or if necessary to the Chief. As a last resort speak to the Mayor. I am not sure there is any requirement for them to do this but they do as a service to the town residents.

I told them it was for Florida non resident CCW. I even told him I was once a LEO there. He told me they switched over to electronic printing

and no personnel were qualified to do it and they no longer had the supplies to do ink fingerprinting.

I had it done a couple of years ago but the last time I went to my town they also did it electronically. I am not sure what they would do now for FL prints.

You can contact GFH and they will do it for $10 (make an apt with Charlie-someone posted about this on another thread).

IYou can contact GFH and they will do it for $10 (make an apt with Charlie-someone posted about this on another thread).

That's it. Charlie P. is your man. Did our prints for FL, and even did another set for my wife at no charge when required for a screw up at the FBI.

Hello JohnnyB,

Not sure if the info in these threads is still relevant, but it might be worth a shot:

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/75371-florida-non-resident-permit-application-process/?p=953762

and

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/45063-fl-ccw-fingerprint-issues/?p=599969

Looks like the Sheriff's Office may be the way to go.  Good luck and let us know how you make out.  

I was hoping to find something in South Jersey. I am 10 minutes from South Philadelphia. GFH would be a hike for me. Thanks though.

Ah, right. Didn't notice your location. Yes that's a really long drive. I do like the suggestions of your local constitutional sheriff. Being directly elected they may choose to be more responsive, even if they don't tilt towards the 2A.

No.... Non residents need old school.....

Only if you apply by mail. My brother in-law spends winter in FL and went to the Dept Of Agriculture office and they did his prints electronically. Called him a few weeks later when the permit was ready.