Carcano

Cheaper Than Dirt Sucks

Order for the first time from CTD on Monday morning, immediately sent my NJ DL and FPID in as requested. Get an email saying the DL number isn't clear enough/visible. Send another scan over...Tuesday afternoon I receive another email saying the DL is illegible...send YET ANOTHER scan over to them...now Wednesday I receiver another (no, I'm not kidding) email from them saying my DL number is STILL illegible.

The first one I sent over I noticed the DL number was slightly covered (last digits) by the state hologram which showed up a little too well so I chalked it up as my mistake but the copies sent on Tuesday and Wednesday are 100% legible, clear as day. Apparently they can't zoom in on the JPEG to see the DL numbers they just have horrible eye sight over at CTD...

Anyway, I'm writing them off after this order comes (IF they can read the DL number!). Ordered on Monday for a shoot on Friday now I'm screwed, had to buy locally and they are oddball calibers I couldn't find around here locally.

Be warned unless you enjoy slow and ****** service

Everyone I know including myself has sworn off CTD ever since their price gouging shenanigans after Sandy Hook. I don't even visit the site giving them any views.  

I know...they jacked up prices but had everything I was looking for instead of ordering from two separate companies...the extra $20 or so would have been worth it had I only known this is the crap they would pull.

They can blow me! I hate them fooks. Use to be good years ago, but they turned into big arseholes. They have multiple warehouses around the country. In my case, ordered several things, paid online, got receipt. Next thing you know they are charging me ridiculous amounts for each warehouse the crap goes out of. The total shipping bill was crazy. Other than this, what the oters said. They even stopped selling guns for awhile....Screw them. They are not 2A friendly and merely in it for the money.

^No that screenshot was after Sandy Hook - but they are assholes like that - to be honest plenty of other companies with just as good prices or better and they aren't price gougers - I made 2 orders in the past 8 months until I learned about it (I didn't have my FPID at time of Sandy Hook so I had no idea) - no further orders for me though - their ammo shipping prices BLOW like $25-30 when I pay usually $10-15 from other vendors if I have to pay shipping at all

• Like 1

I wrote off CTD when they refused to ship me a +2 mag extension for a G21 mag, which is 13 rounds. Their reason was that the same extension could be used on a glock .40 mag which would make it over 15 rounds. Those aholes also would not sell me an adjustable AR15 stock which I was going to use on my mossberg 590.

• Like 1

I wrote off CTD when they refused to ship me a +2 mag extension for a G21 mag, which is 13 rounds. Their reason was that the same extension could be used on a glock .40 mag which would make it over 15 rounds. Those aholes also would not sell me an adjustable AR15 stock which I was going to use on my mossberg 590.

WOW - what is CTD the ATF now?

Order for the first time from CTD on Monday morning, immediately sent my NJ DL and FPID in as requested. Get an email saying the DL number isn't clear enough/visible. Send another scan over...Tuesday afternoon I receive another email saying the DL is illegible...send YET ANOTHER scan over to them...now Wednesday I receiver another (no, I'm not kidding) email from them saying my DL number is STILL illegible.

The first one I sent over I noticed the DL number was slightly covered (last digits) by the state hologram which showed up a little too well so I chalked it up as my mistake but the copies sent on Tuesday and Wednesday are 100% legible, clear as day. Apparently they can't zoom in on the JPEG to see the DL numbers they just have horrible eye sight over at CTD...

Anyway, I'm writing them off after this order comes (IF they can read the DL number!). Ordered on Monday for a shoot on Friday now I'm screwed, had to buy locally and they are oddball calibers I couldn't find around here locally.

Be warned unless you enjoy slow and ****** service

I have a very clear photo of both my DL and FID on file ready to email.  A bunch of online retailers request that.

I have a very clear photo of both my DL and FID on file ready to email.  A bunch of online retailers request that.

This is the first place I've dealt with that insisted it was illegible. I've probably sent my ID out to 10-12 companies and around 20 private sellers since 2013 but this is the first time I've had to deal with this.

CTD really sucks. Slickguns is your friend.

Yeah I usually use Slickguns just couldn't find everything I needed from one company so I ordered from CTD. Everything is supposed to ship from the same warehouse which kept the shipping fees down.

I just got another email from them...it will ship "soon"...I'm so ******* disgusted/pissed right now :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: that order should already be in transit...

WOW - what is CTD the ATF now?

Actually the ATF could care less how many rounds are in your magazines. Last time I talked to their agents and I mentioned NJ law, they cut me right off and said "we could care less about NJ's ludicrous firearms laws". :)

Yeah I usually use Slickguns just couldn't find everything I needed from one company so I ordered from CTD. Everything is supposed to ship from the same warehouse which kept the shipping fees down.

I just got another email from them...it will ship "soon"...I'm so ******* disgusted/pissed right now :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: that order should already be in transit...

Why didn't u check out Estrella Ordinance , Midway, Landbo's Armory and Primary Arms? I'm sure one of them could have filled yer order and no need to send them any IDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear that Estrella guy is a jerk