Anyone else notice the prices of stuff going up ALREADY? Got an email from SGAMMO about their being a 1 week delay on shipments as of right now (normally next day shipping).. Went to order some cheapo wolf gold or something, and wolf gold/PMC both went up 10-20$/k.. I'm having flashbacks :(
Anyone notice anything else increasing lately? I'm going to try and snag a good deal on some more ammo and stock up a few k more rounds..

Indeed. When stuff like this happens, people pile up on top of one another to get what is left in stock.

Even freedommunitions hiked up their prices quite a bit.
I have enough for myself for a little while; and i can hardly afford to shoot as is, i certainly won't do so when ammo is .50 cents a round; i'd rather sell my ammo at that point.

Uncle Joe Biden is openly talking about banning assault weapons.  Hillary Clinton-Elizabeth Warren ticket could conceivably win this November.  Loretta Weinberg and the anti's in Trenton are foaming at the mouth to ban guns once Christie leaves office.

Future looks bleak.  But it cheap and stack it deep.

• Like 1

Uncle Joe Biden is openly talking about banning assault weapons.  Hillary Clinton-Elizabeth Warren ticket could conceivably win this November.  Loretta Weinberg and the anti's in Trenton are foaming at the mouth to ban guns once Christie leaves office.

Future looks bleak.  But it cheap and stack it deep.

It this mentality that drives prices up.  But hey, it's a free market and everyone wants to makes something.  Nothing wrong w/ that.

I was poised to buy some PMC .223 that was on sale from Cabela's (thru Sunday), but was waiting for payday (friday).  The day before (thursday) Cabela's unexpectedly took it off sale.

I did buy some Armscor .223, but i now see that sale price has been removed, as well.

I have not seen any substantial increase in ammo prices.  In fact, all things considering,  I've seen some pretty good deals out there on bulk .223.  Ammo prices tend to go up a little bit during the summer months, just like gasoline, it is a seasonal price adjustment.  Almost certainly CTD and scalpers were foaming at the mouth in anticipation.  People wised up post Newtown.  While there may be a small surge in AR and ammo sales, we will not see panic buying on that scale again. 

... While there may be a small surge in AR and ammo sales, we will not see panic buying on that scale again.

Wanna bet?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I disagree. If anything it will be worse. SGammo has sold out on literally all but wolf, pmc, and cheapo steel case for the most part.. and even that they are fairly low on. They normally had like 50+ available, last i checked they were at a dozen or so. Prices are going to skyrocket again IMO. If i find normal priced ammo im going to buy a few thousand more rounds to be safe.. i only have like 800 45, 1k 9mm, 1200 or so .22, 180ish 30-06, 450-475 308 and like 2750 .223 saved up, i believe

Oh, the frenzy has started, within hours of the event.  SGAmmo went from same day shipping to a week delay. AR sales rates have ticked up also. Now I do not know if the dealers are ordering them in before the wholesalers play the price game or there is truly a rush brewing.  Funny how things change.  Sales were tanking just a month ago.  Time will tell,  

The issue is that it spirals out of control. Everyone EXPECTS a panic, which causes a panic.. Hell, look at me; i'm 5 seconds away from buying an AR i can't afford in case i can't buy one any more in the future, and ordering ammo i don't need in anticipation of it not being available.
Unfortunately, i'm not the only one, so it becomes a matter of buying it before everyone else does so.

I disagree. If anything it will be worse. SGammo has sold out on literally all but wolf, pmc, and cheapo steel case for the most part.. and even that they are fairly low on. They normally had like 50+ available, last i checked they were at a dozen or so. Prices are going to skyrocket again IMO. If i find normal priced ammo im going to buy a few thousand more rounds to be safe.. i only have like 800 45, 1k 9mm, 1200 or so .22, 180ish 30-06, 450-475 308 and like 2750 .223 saved up, i believe

Well, I went to SGammo's site and they have everything I shoot in stock at relatively normal prices.  So what if I have to wait a little longer for shipment, big deal.  I guess it's a problem for impatient or unprepared people though.

Go ahead and panic if you want.  I'm good.

Since I can't see into the future, I would not know how to react. If hillary gets in, you know the AR and AK and many others will be banned.

The big questions is with over 10 million ARs on the street now. Do you really think they will all be grandfathered? I think not!

Remember when the PRNJ banned the so called assault weapons? We were ordered to sell them out of state or turn them in to the PD.

There was no grandfather clause. If the same thing happens on the Federal level, we will only have the turn them over to the government

option most likely with little or no compensation!

If Sweeney becomes governor, the same ban will happen here anyway! I would not be comfortable investing in something that might only be taken away from

me in a short amount of time. The ammo is another story. They could ban that as well, making the guns useless even if you could keep them.

I would like to hear others opinions on how they might think how these possible scenarios could play out!

Since I can't see into the future, I would not know how to react. If hillary gets in, you know the AR and AK and many others will be banned.

The big questions is with over 10 million ARs on the street now. Do you really think they will all be grandfathered? I think not!

Remember when the PRNJ banned the so called assault weapons? We were ordered to sell them out of state or turn them in to the PD.

There was no grandfather clause. If the same thing happens on the Federal level, we will only have the turn them over to the government

option most likely with little or no compensation!

If Sweeney becomes governor, the same ban will happen here anyway! I would not be comfortable investing in something that might only be taken away from

me in a short amount of time. The ammo is another story. They could ban that as well, making the guns useless even if you could keep them.

I would like to hear others opinions on how they might think how these possible scenarios could play out!

Id like to know how you think they are going to perform a mass confiscation of arguably the most popular firearm in america? Its not like it would be in nj back in the day. There is no one to sell them to. And I don't believe the others states will walk quietly into the night like ny/nj/mass etc would

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Id like to know how you think they are going to perform a mass confiscation of arguably the most popular firearm in america? Its not like it would be in nj back in the day. There is no one to sell them to. And I don't believe the others states will walk quietly into the night like ny/nj/mass etc would

There was no mass confiscation in NJ when the AWB was put into place either. Banning something does not mean it will be confiscated. I am sure half the NJ gun owners in 1990 still have their banned firearms. 

IMO, if another Federal ban is put into place, you will see a grandfather clause. What good will the ban do? None. 

I agree there will be lawsuits and it may linger in the courts for years! Have to love folks in NJ just give up and compromise. I doubt most in the other parts of the country would just walk into their local PD and say here.

Looks like my timing on buying an AR is not good at all. This sucks, so do I buy now or wait?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I started looking at the beginning of the week and was on GunBroker and they had several that didn't sell as of thursday with min bids of less then $600.00. I went local and got his last one yesterday. They seem to more scarce but prices haven't gone up here yet.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/565486916

Looks like my timing on buying an AR is not good at all. This sucks, so do I buy now or wait?

Bad timing because of price increase at some places, or potential ban?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

How would nj or the fed govt ban all ar's. If you compare how many were out there during the first ban compared to now. It has to be 100 times the amount. Look at how many companies manufacture ar's now compared to back then. Aint gonna happen.

I started looking at the beginning of the week and was on GunBroker and they had several that didn't sell as of thursday with min bids of less then $600.00. I went local and got his last one yesterday. They seem to more scarce but prices haven't gone up here yet.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/565486916

I was looking at the Ruger AR556 @ a gun show in Michigan in February, it is on my short list if I can find one local.

I was looking at the Ruger AR556 @ a gun show in Michigan in February, it is on my short list if I can find one local.

That's what I bought. The link above is for a Ruger.

After Newtown, Feinstein was proposing to make most semi autos NFA items that would need to be registered and pay the $200 tax stamp (like full autos, SBRs and suppressors). She didn't seem to propose how the ATF would have handled the sudden 50 year backlog this new registration requirement would have instantly created had her bill become law........

Well, I went to SGammo's site and they have everything I shoot in stock at relatively normal prices. So what if I have to wait a little longer for shipment, big deal. I guess it's a problem for impatient or unprepared people though.

Go ahead and panic if you want. I'm good.

I have enough ammo for at least a year. No big deal for me, but figured id pick up extra seeing as it may take longer (or forever) for prices to get back to normal.

SGAmmo inventory is a fraction of what it used to be. Not sure if you ever kept an eye out on their stock, but wolf gold only 8 cases left... prices went up a bit, not crazy, but it happened across the board.. even freedommunitions went up like 5% on their new and reman ammo i was looking at. They are also out of stock on a lot. Wolf poly, IMI, etc..

Don't stop buying ammo.  History has shown it never gets cheaper or more plentiful.  NJ in 2018, at the latest, or earlier with the ability to override CC's vetoes (they are going to try with the ammo magazine bill to lower to 10 rounds), will see the end to cheap ammo in NJ and possibly limits on possession quantity,  You will only be able to by from NJ dealers and I would not hesitate to say you may see special ammo tax as well.  But, we will be able to smoke weed anywhere we want.  Dumb ass liberals.

Scared of what?

The issue is that it spirals out of control. Everyone EXPECTS a panic, which causes a panic.. Hell, look at me; i'm 5 seconds away from buying an AR i can't afford in case i can't buy one any more in the future, and ordering ammo i don't need in anticipation of it not being available.

Unfortunately, i'm not the only one, so it becomes a matter of buying it before everyone else does so.

This.