Sign in to follow this  
capt14k

Just out of curiosity question

I came across a British solution to their semi-auto rifle ban that will allow them to use something that resembles an AR-15, it is called the LR-223. Below is a link about it and video showing one in depth and in use.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/foghorn/brits-find-gun-prohibition-work-around-finally-have-a-usable-ar-15/

My question is would such a rifle in NJ allow the use of high capacity mags? I don't think it is a good solution, just curious. It involves pushing a paddle and pulling the trigger, not just pulling the trigger. Thus my opinion is it can not be considered a semi-auto. The only issue then would be a NJ Legal high capacity mag would have to be proprietary for the LR-223 (not sure if it is). Curious what others think.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As I said I don't think it is a good solution I was just curious as to the legality of one with say a 100 round magazine that only fits the LR-223. Also are there lever actions that can take large magazines?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have a Troy PAR pump action rifle. Uses AR magazines. Sweet rifle. Folding and adjustable stock. I put a smith vortex flash hider on it instead of the brake. All legal due to the pump action. I have been told by some that with a slight modification to the mag well and magazine that any capacity magazine would be legal in NJ. You have to make sure that the magazine will no longer fit into a semi auto. The capacity laws in NJ only apply to semi auto.

http://troydefense.com/pumpactionrifle/

There are a few different versions of this rifle and a few different calibers. I have the .223/5.56.