Howard

News flash heavily armed people arrested at Holland tunnel.

Just got a news flash that three "heavily" armed people reportedly arrested at the NJ entrance to the Holland Tunnel into NYC. Wonder what they did that got them stopped. Just this weekend I was thinking that would be a prime free kill zone since no one from NJ can carry. They would only need two cars and two people. You have one go in first and just before NYC crash the car across both lanes, the second would do the same at the Jersey side. They would then each cause a massive fire by lighting 5 gallon jugs of gasoline in each car. They could then walk with almost certain impunity toward the middle killing each and every person they passed. They might even be able to blend in with the crowd and walk away. ..... If there were only a few good guys with guns.

I pack more shit for the average range trip. One time we had three guys, and more long guns than cases or room in the trunk. One guy's job was to keep all the cheaper long guns propped up, or in his lap, or between his knees in the back seat.

This is silly.

I heard they were from PA. What the hell did you expect to find, cases of Peeps and Crayola crayons? They were probably headed up north somewhere.

Believe it or not, they are probably LUCKY they were stopped on the NJ side of the tunnel.  While NJ will throw the book at them, NYC would have dropped the courthouse on them.

If they could say they were going to a range, they MIGHT squeak on some of the possession charges.  Body armor isn't a crime in NJ, but having loaded guns is.  There is also a possible FOPA defense because they are transiting NJ.

Not that NJ is good but NYC is probably the worst place in the country to get caught with a gun.

A source initially told CBS New York they were going to shoot a rival dealer.

The suspects reportedly said they wanted to save a friend who is on heroin and being held against her will.

Police are looking for the possible woman in Queens, NBC4 reported. 

You would think these particular idiots would have had enough sense to put their guns away, have a FOPA cover story, and otherwise keep their mouths shut.

I have very frequently given a pass to people that go to NY or NJ with guns and don't know what they are doing. But these people should have had a clue. The story reads almost like they wanted to go to jail.

These guy knew better than to travel into NYC with firearms.   Idiots.

There are ways to accomplish what they were doing without having a  tactical load-out in the vehicle.

Why would they travel on a "mission" in that garish redneck wagon?  What a bunch of foolish dumb asses.

It's amazing how easily you guys believe the media's story... It's mind boggling tbh... I'm not saying what they are saying isn't true, but come on. Did you see a picture of the SUV they were driving? Do you really think anyone could be stupid enough to knowingly commit a crime in something that stands out as much as the truck they were allegedly in?

trucks-holland-tunnel.jpg

• Like 1

It's amazing how easily you guys believe the media's story... It's mind boggling tbh... I'm not saying what they are saying isn't true, but come on. Did you see a picture of the SUV they were driving? Do you really think anyone could be stupid enough to knowingly commit a crime in something that stands out as much as the truck they were allegedly in?

By the way good choice on the inconspicuous vehicle.  Idiots!  BTW, makes our lives more difficult. 

By the way good choice on the inconspicuous vehicle.  Idiots!  BTW, makes our lives more difficult. 

Let's step back for a moment and really think about this. Do you honestly think, two guys and a gal, that either own, work for, or are somehow affiliated with this gun range/shop, would load up their extremely obvious vehicle that has the company's logo on it, with guns, ammo, and other gear, to go into the absolute worst place a gun owner can go to, to rescue a heroin addict from her captors? I mean, I guess anything is possible, but I'm thinking this is just another BS story to garner more support for gun control. I don't doubt they got pulled over and arrested. What I doubt is what the media is telling us they were planning on doing.

Not only does it stand out, it's got too many forward facing lights.    I'm surprised it isn't pulled over every 10 minutes.

Forget the churlish paint job and lights, displaying Higher Ground Tactical all over the vehicle practically screams search me.  When the cop saw the cracked windshield he probably started foaming at the mouth and his eye twitched when he realized he would not need probable cause to have a closer look.

At any rate, they're boned. 

I don't see the crack in the windshield they were originally stopped for. They're still idiots.