PK90

New NICS ... August 9th

Awaiting details. I have no idea what that means, but NJ NICS is bad enough as is, and for the most part the Federal Government is even more incompetent. Does this mean it'll now take 3 DAYS for NICS? Jesus. I hope i get my P2P's and my new handgun by then, though my 2nd one with the 30 day waiting period would be AFTER that. Doh.

right

so if you want to buy something, do it before the 9th.

because it'll be a year before shit works right.

assuming hillary doesn't win; then it'll never work.

this is all to prevent people from buying more guns heading into the election.

/tinfoilhat

New system, new format, new software. Anyway, NJ employees will be confused more than usual.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Why? Don't they just act as middlemen and call the feds while collecting an obscene amount of money?

Beats pulling people over all day. Just sucks that as gun owners we're paying 15 bucks for a free phone call.

Not a phone call. Outside vendor hired by the state charges the FFL to submit the info to the State Police. They in turn run the check through the federal system, and then they respond back to the FFL through the website.

They are not Outside Vendors.. Only the billing is 3rd party... its the same 3rd party billing that handles  online tax payments.

Merely details.....its going to be BOHICA !

As far as I know, they run the check using the Federal system.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I can only imagine the reason this system here even exists is to give jobs to some cronies at the tax payers and gun owners expense.

And why...by the way... after getting a permit to purchase a pistol... do I need a NICS check? 

I know.... I know....   been asked 1000 times already.

I can only imagine the reason this system here even exists is to give jobs to some cronies at the tax payers and gun owners expense.

And why...by the way... after getting a permit to purchase a pistol... do I need a NICS check? 

I know.... I know....   been asked 1000 times already.

The pre-NICS check and permit process is a waste. If the State of NJ gives the permits to the dealers to fill out and forward, it should satisfy the registration requirements of NJ law. The NICS check at time of purchase is all one should need.

The pre-NICS check and permit process is a waste. If the State of NJ gives the permits to the dealers to fill out and forward, it should satisfy the registration requirements of NJ law. The NICS check at time of purchase is all one should need.

That makes way too much sense. You have no future in politics.

The permit requirement doesn't expire again until May 12, 2022 (per NJAC). It could have expired in 2015 but was "readopted". If you're in the mood for a migraine, try going through the NJ Register. Over 1,000 people commented on the readoption and additional amendments, but it didn't seem to make a whit of difference to lawmakers.

This perfect my pistol permits should be ready by tomorrow. Doh........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be that big of a deal unless your running right to the gun store.

Im picking up something on Wed so we shall see.....