shiberm

Avoid Freedom Ammunition

blank.gif posted June 23, 2016 09:27 AM

All -- be careful when ordering from Freedom munitions. 

I had heard good things about freedom munition so I went to the website and ordered some ammo, the site seemed fairly well done and everything seemed legit. 

Unfortunatley I had unknowingly gone to the wrong site -- freedom Ammunition and not freedom munitions. 

Freedom Ammunition is a complete SCAM site. They do sell ammo but everything about them is a lie. 

They represent the ammo as new but then ship you reloads. They tell you it has shipped but it takes ten additional emails and calls until you finally get the ammo weeks later. 

Lastly -- the ammo is BAD to the point of being unusable. We had 5 squibs out of the first 200 rounds -- where the round fired but did not make it out of the barrel and became stuck in the barrel. 

Please do yourself a favor and AVOID freedom ammunition. I buy ammo online regularly and shoot 1000+ rounds per month. I must say that the whole experience with them has been horrible in every way possible. 

Once I realized my mistake I also ordered from freedom munitions and that experience has been 100% perfect, good ammo, good price, fast shipping. 

Please tell your friends to avoind Freedom Ammunition, I hate to think of people getting injured when a bullet gets stuck in the barrel and they try to fire another round. A less knowledgeable shooter may not realize that the barrel is plugged and try to fire a second round -- this could result in serious injury. 

Again -- Freedom munitions is a reputable company but Freedom ammunition should be avoided no matter what the price of the ammo -- it is unusable.

I googled "Freedom Ammunition review" and promptly got two pages full of Freedom Munitions links, save for two. One of them was a review of Freedom Ammunition that basically said the same thing as the OP.

Curious how the two phrases match closely enough to bring erroneous (IMO) results.

You might want to email Freedom Munitions about the mix up.  If they're smart, they'll sic their lawyers on the other company (if they haven't already).  Such similar trademarks are obviously causing confusion in the market place at Freedom Munitions' expense.  If Daniel Defense can send their lawyers after V7 and force them to change to V Seven and LMT can sue AR MR2 for being too similar to their trademarked MRP, this should be a slam dunk for FM's counsel.

Is this a copy/paste from another forum or your actual experience?

Edit - just re-read the topic

Harping on the Freedom Munitions name... dirtbags.

This is my actual experience -- yes I did post it on several forums that I am a member of. Everything in my post is 100% true and accurate and can be backed up with invoice/emails.....  Believe me -- freedom Ammunitions is a total nightmare. 

What happened? Bad brass on their reloads?

Sort of.

Their 9mm brass has a step on the inside of the case. It reduces capacity and with a standard load it will be over pressure and can cause a failure.

Sort of.

Their 9mm brass has a step on the inside of the case. It reduces capacity and with a standard load it will be over pressure and can cause a failure.

Im sure they are aware and load their ammunition accordingly. Youre talking about their new 9mm right?

Im sure they are aware and load their ammunition accordingly. Youre talking about their new 9mm right?

I'm sure they're loading safely. What I do not like is those cases pose a danger to those who reload.

I'm sure they're loading safely. What I do not like is those cases pose a danger to those who reload.

I see. I wonder how that works if someone was to send them back their own brass mixed in with 'standard' 9mm cases.

I don't know what you're talking about as while i have some of their 9mm, i do not have a 9mm firearm to shoot them with yet (waiting on p2ps). When i get one i'll be able to better understand what it is you mean. Maybe its such a small difference it isn't worthwhile? You can try to contact them and see what they say; maybe they have some measurement for the difference. Or, if you cared enough, you could measure it yourself.

I did a test with the Ammoload (step inside like the FM) and there was basically no difference in velocity, so I doubt that there would be much pressure difference either.

I had read that people who shoot Open 9mm guns (very high pressure) that some experienced case separation at that step. So that might be the only consideration.