Lambo2936

SHTF Med Kit for EOTW scenarios?

If you know how to suture that's fantastic, but worst case some steri strips or even butterflies work pretty well. I dug a piece of copper bullet jacket out of my forearm with a pair of tweezers after a carbine class a few months ago that has stopped between my skin and muscle layer. Just cleaned it out, butterflied the hole and covered it with some neosporin and gauze and it looked pretty good. I couldn't even tell you exactly where the hole was.

Quinolone antibiotics do have some jacked side effects.

With any antibiotic, the big ones to monitor for are nausea and vomiting. Generally that can be helped by taking it with food. If it isn't that it's diarrhea. That can be helped with probiotics or Greek yogurt. The two big ones that can be deadly are QT Interval Prolongation and Rhabdomyalises. QT Prolongation is an arythmia caused by an interaction between antiarythmics and antibiotics. Basically what happens is it increases the effectiveness of the antiarythmic and increases the time between heart beats (when looking at an EKG it's the peak of the heart beat. QT interval is the time between peaks). Rhabdomyalises is the breakdown of muscle tissue and is caused by an interaction between antibiotics and cholesterol medications (crestor and it's generic rosuvastatin, atorvastatin, pravastatin, Simvastatin etc). Rhabdomyalises usually causes muscle pain in the lower extremities. But usually you're on antibiotics for such a small period of time there isn't a lot of time for Rhabdomyalises to develop.