sroc112

Sig Sauer M11-A1

Any owners on here? Just picked one up and shot it this past weekend. Love it so far, but this is the first gun I ever owned/shot so can't compare it to anything else. For those of you on here who do own one, what are your likes and dislikes of it, and how do you feel it matches up against other signs? Other brands?

Wow, you picked a great gun as a first. I think it will spoil you from other guns. It is my favorite self defense pistol so far. It fits my hand perfectly,  I feel the balance of the 229 frame is better than the larger 226. It has the right NJ magazine capacity. The trigger is smooth. You definitely have to practice your double to single action transitions and DA accuracy from draws. Get yourself some snap caps and work on your DA pull- you will notice a difference at the range.

My only issue is that the "skinnier" trigger pulls all the way to the rear of the trigger guard and can pinch your finger if you put too much finger over the trigger. When I place just the pad of my finger on it , I don't get pinched.

It has been reliable with 1000+ rounds, with FMJs and hollow points with multiple bullet weights too.

I used to own one. Great gun and I especially like the Short Reset Trigger. Gun is heavy enough to absorb recoil so it is a pleasure to shoot. I love Sigs, Colts and HKs. Never had one of them jam on me and always a pleasure to shoot. I sold my M11-A1 not because I did not like it, but because I wanted a Sig with a rail for a combo light/laser for home defense. I got a Sig P226 instead. 

If CCW ever becomes legal in NJ for the majority of us, then the Sig Sauer M11-A1 would probably be high up on my list to consider for that purpose.  I have a Sig Sauer P226 MK25 in 9mm and really like its solid, weighty build quality, as well as its consistent accuracy.

AVB-AMG