Sign in to follow this  
DDT1345

Heading out to PA on Thursday

A friend of mine needs a ride to Sterling, PA on Thursday. I don't get out to PA much since the kids were born so this is a chance to take a detour or two. We'll be crossing the border at Milford. Any recommendations on places to stop for food, cool gun shop, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well so far these places are about as far away from his travel route as you can get.   OP said he's crossing at Milford, PA., so either continue on Route 6 or jump onto Route 84 at the top of the hill west of Milford.

Not much to recommend for that travel route,  I usually go up Routes 447 and 191 or 196 from the Water Gap.

• Like 1

Well so far these places are about as far away from his travel route as you can get. OP said he's crossing at Milford, PA., so either continue on Route 6 or jump onto Route 84 at the top of the hill west of Milford.

Not much to recommend for that travel route, I usually go up Routes 447 and 191 or 196 from the Water Gap.

Indeed! Dunklebergers is nearly an hour away.

Apple Valley Family Restaurant is what you're looking for. The rest of Milford is filled with trinket stores.

• Like 1

First, thanks for taking the time to respond, even though it's off my route. I should have been clearer that we'll be crossing at Milford, PA. Leaving from Montville, NJ. My friend chose the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North of the greater Philly area the food is rather crappy in east PA. Your route is not good. you can get off at 248 and get ammo at the Easton (Upper Nazareth) Walmart and there is a very good pizza/sub shop right next door. If you are willing to detour a few miles further there is Rio's Rodizio in Nazareth. that meal is a real project, obviously. But good.

• Like 1

If you cross a little south at Dingman's Ferry there's a new shooting range called...Dingmans Shooting Range.

Haven't been there myself but their (still under construction) website says full inventory of rental guns and retail store.

It's a few miles south of Milford.

• Like 1

I like the dimmick inn.

There is one gun place in Milford that I know of. It is either connected to or right next to the army surplus store.

That shop is closed. The owners wife shot him during a domestic dispute. Sad story as they had children. Not sure of the details but was told this a few months ago from an antique dealer in the area. A friend who lives nearby confirmed for me.