Purple Patrick

Paging air force/aviation guys. Need help

Alright so my uncle was just given this and he thought I would like it so now I have it. I can't find any information on what it actually is. I assume its a trainer for actual gauges that would be in a cock pit. I tried searching the keywords and all numbers on the plaque. It has an nsn but it's blank as you can see.

What is it?

d6d79f7aa88f14a05d6d1a6707a6a3f5.jpgff18731c25987e00acb00dcb2d02464e.jpg

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Well, thats not useful unless you happen to have an F-15 that needs its fuel system checked :)  There's all kinds of test sets and such for all military aircraft, from avonics & engine to environmental and hydraulic. Different ones for each type as well, there were a bunch I used for A10s and B52s back in the olde days.

This happens to be one that looks to test the components of the F-15 fuel system, sensors, indicators, transfer pumps etc. Might be an older obsolete model of test set, picked up for surplus or your "uncle's friend" has poor taste in stuff to pilfer. 

MY BIL says:

I agree with the previous posts, looks like something a maintenance guy would use to test the fuel system

From the look of the board it works the same as ours, it basically shoots electricity through the tanks and reads the fuel quantity based off of that

It looks like a flux capacitor. Take one of the black caps off, stick your weenie in and hit the green button that says "oscillator."

Instructions unclear... my penis is now stuck in the box

Well, thats not useful unless you happen to have an F-15 that needs its fuel system checked :) There's all kinds of test sets and such for all military aircraft, from avonics & engine to environmental and hydraulic. Different ones for each type as well, there were a bunch I used for A10s and B52s back in the olde days.

This happens to be one that looks to test the components of the F-15 fuel system, sensors, indicators, transfer pumps etc. Might be an older obsolete model of test set, picked up for surplus or your "uncle's friend" has poor taste in stuff to pilfer.

Apparently his friend bought it for an old surplus truck he had but they sent him that instead. I'm assuming it isn't worth much

It's a fuel system test kit for an F-15.

Say so right in the first photo.

No shit sherlock :weiner

MY BIL says:

Sweet. I'm guessing these aren't worth much? Obviously not to a civvie but it might have collector value. Does he have any links or keywords I could search for?

Great I needed one of them. My f-15 has been getting terrible gas mileage. I need it fixed before the new tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will trade for nothing less then an Abrams tank tread

If you don’t know what to do with it reach out to the Naval Air Station Wildwood (NASW) Aviation Museum. There’s a good chance they would take it off your hands and they are good people, plus you would be doing something good. I donated non-Aviation items to the NASW, they are NOT a STATE Museum.

Some good news is the government once paid thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars for that thing. Bad news is, as stated, its a fairly obsolete piece of equipment unless you have an F15 in your garage. It MAY be of value to some of the few people who own F15s privately. Id suggest finding someone knowledgable and maybe throwing it up on ebay once you get an estimate. Maybe take it to that pawn shop tv show, haha.

It looks kind of complicated and I don't care how well the damn aircraft works. It can crash or get shot down for all I care. Military helicopter, plane, jet, I have never been on one when it landed anyway. If there is a problem they will hit the emergency light and I am out the door. Buh-bye!

Air Force hates us anyway so screw them (except for AC-130 and A-10 pilots). If they want to screw us over we'll F their wives and daughters.