Zuko94

Garden state shooting center

Since I'm still waiting for my FID and PP i decided to take a ride and check out GSSC. Not having been since it was BA i was surprised how nice and clean the place looked. The place was busy, naturally on the fourth of july weekend. I had the pleasure to talk with Rusty. I explained to Rusty about my FID & PP wait. Rusty Still took the time and went over types of pistols that matched my need/desire to just throw lead down range yet be practical for home defense. I was looking at the XD M and then made my way to the H&K VP9. i only fell in love three times in my life, my wife and daughters till now. The VP9 felt like an extension of my arm. Its amazing feeling, way better then some of the pistols i have shot. This post is not about the gun but the staff of GSSC. I have been to a couple gun shops/ranges renting guns and or shooting with my father and friends and never felt out of place. Now, mention your waiting for your FID/PP and some places made me feel like i shouldn't be there. Not the case with Rusty at GSSC. Rusty answered all my questions and as i started to find pistols that felt good, Rusty was able to find the weapon that felt like it was made for my hand.

This is just a quick little thread for any true new gun buyers who are not sure of a place, give GSSC a try the staff was great. I did not feel like i was pressured into anyone particular pistol, no up selling, pros and cons of each pistol. i can this is was the most enjoyable experience at a gun range without slinging lead down range.  

• Like 6

Since I'm still waiting for my FID and PP i decided to take a ride and check out GSSC. Not having been since it was BA i was surprised how nice and clean the place looked. The place was busy, naturally on the fourth of july weekend. I had the pleasure to talk with Rusty. I explained to Rusty about my FID & PP wait. Rusty Still took the time and went over types of pistols that matched my need/desire to just throw lead down range yet be practical for home defense. I was looking at the XD M and then made my way to the H&K VP9. i only fell in love three times in my life, my wife and daughters till now. The VP9 felt like an extension of my arm. Its amazing feeling, way better then some of the pistols i have shot. This post is not about the gun but the staff of GSSC. I have been to a couple gun shops/ranges renting guns and or shooting with my father and friends and never felt out of place. Now, mention your waiting for your FID/PP and some places made me feel like i shouldn't be there. Not the case with Rusty at GSSC. Rusty answered all my questions and as i started to find pistols that felt good, Rusty was able to find the weapon that felt like it was made for my hand.

This is just a quick little thread for any true new gun buyers who are not sure of a place, give GSSC a try the staff was great. I did not feel like i was pressured into anyone particular pistol, no up selling, pros and cons of each pistol. i can this is was the most enjoyable experience at a gun range without slinging lead down range.  

That is great to hear, I been to a few places in NJ that won't even look at you if you can't present a FID card when asking to look at anything behind the counter. Had this one person walk away and move on the the next person when I was asking questions on how to and what do I have to do to purchase from their store. Being a newbie at the time was a complete let down with no-one to show how things work in this Hard State to live in. Moved onto different LGS and ran into some guys that are very friendly and basically handed me everything in the case without even asking for ID. Bought a few guns from that place over the past few years.

I was one of the first to join GSSC when it opened and recently renewed my membership. Safe well run facility. Great customer service. I always feel welcomed there and have purchased firearms from them as well as rented. The owners Tony and Jeff are a class act. So yes, I recommend GSSC for anyone interested.

• Like 1

GSSC is a huge difference over BA. The place looks great, very classy & also inviting to females. 

Very surprised how much of a difference they turned range around. The placed was packed and stacked with people waiting to use the range. It was organized and safe. 

That is great to hear, I been to a few places in NJ that won't even look at you if you can't present a FID card when asking to look at anything behind the counter. Had this one person walk away and move on the the next person when I was asking questions on how to and what do I have to do to purchase from their store. Being a newbie at the time was a complete let down with no-one to show how things work in this Hard State to live in. Moved onto different LGS and ran into some guys that are very friendly and basically handed me everything in the case without even asking for ID. Bought a few guns from that place over the past few years.

Thats good to hear. i can say i will be dropping some serious cash at GSSC. out of all the LGS i have visited while waiting, this was the most pleasant experience.  

I was one of the first to join GSSC when it opened and recently renewed my membership. Safe well run facility. Great customer service. I always feel welcomed there and have purchased firearms from them as well as rented. The owners Tony and Jeff are a class act. So yes, I recommend GSSC for anyone interested.

i think ill become a member of the GSSC. i really liked it. I want to see the range in action. i have been to a few ranges that at certain times and witnessed unsafe practices by renters and range officers. 

i like to think the way the staff was conducting themselves on the showroom floor gives a good indication of how the range is managed.

GSSC is a really great store & range. I have only been able to get there about twice to use the range, even though I always want to drive down there to put a lot of rounds down range from a variety of handguns that I own. I will definitely get back there again sometime soon, but I do not have any idea when that will be. The new owners did a rally fantastic job of converting that old, filthy, disgusting store & range into a very nice, clean & fully functional range. The store is great, as they have a very good selections of pistols, rifles & ammo available for sale. In the old place, you could not even find something as very basic as a Glock 19, 23 or Sig Sauer 226, 229 available for sale. Keep up the great work G S S C!

I love this range. Being a female shooter, they are extremely welcoming and I never feel out of place there. I recently purchased a firearm there. I looked at it one day and went back a couple of days later to get it. They went out of their way to make sure this was the right firearm for me. This is the only indoor range I go to now,