Sign in to follow this  
mbeattie

FID when moving

I just moved into a different town and have some questions:

I changed my address with the MVC but they apparently no longer send any kind of sticker or anything to indicate on the license that there's a new address. So, once I get a FID in the new town, the addresses won't match. Also, the new town says that I need to surrender my current FID. So, the one that has an address that does match I need to give up? How does this work?

Your right that the dmv no longer gives stickers for a change of address. Instead they send you and email with an attachment or a link to a page that verifies the address change. I used that document to obtain my fid card, permits, and again when actually purchasing guns as well, as my address on my license does not match the address where my paperwork and guns are registered at.

My township required a VOE. It was the last piece of my process that the dept was waiting on. I called my office and they said they never got the letter to fill out so i called the PD and asked if they can email it to me and i can foward to my employer, so they did. When i got it the letter actually said right in the middle that it was for a firearms ID and pistol permits. So since it said that my direct manager would not complete it and it had to go to HR.

All in all not a big deal, got it back the next day. But would have prefered the people in my office not know i was buying guns just because of how nj is 50/50 with opinions.

My township required a VOE. It was the last piece of my process that the dept was waiting on. I called my office and they said they never got the letter to fill out so i called the PD and asked if they can email it to me and i can foward to my employer, so they did. When i got it the letter actually said right in the middle that it was for a firearms ID and pistol permits. So since it said that my direct manager would not complete it and it had to go to HR.

All in all not a big deal, got it back the next day. But would have prefered the people in my office not know i was buying guns just because of how nj is 50/50 with opinions.

It seems that this is not really appropriate/legal... What if someone didn't have a job? Could they not get a FID? What if your boss/company is anti-gun and doesn't do the paperwork or fills it out negatively? Would that result in a FID denial?