BobbyKraft426

Springfield XDM vs. Mod.2

So I was looking to get a polymer-framed pistol for my first gun, was looking at the G17 or something from the XD series, but I can't get a straight answer really from anyone about the differences between the XDM and the Mod.2. People are telling me it's just a preference thing, but I'm sure there are more differences. Can anyone that has experience with these two tell me the differences or the pros and cons of the two?

I would think that for the average shooter, no real difference would be felt or seen between the Xd and XdM.

If you are a super competitive shooter accustomed to super competitive guns, you might notice a difference.

If you prefer the M over the non-M, and can justify the price difference, go for it.

I have owned both. Both are awesome. However, I prefer the Mod.2.

The grip and feel of the gun in your hand on the mod.2 is excellent. It feels like the mod.2 was just made for your hand. Not that the xdm is somehow bad, its just that the mod.2 is noticeably more comfortable.

As far as shooting is concerned, both were very accurate for me, and I would recommend either. I don't feel that the upgraded barrel and trigger of the xdm made a whole ton of difference, as I shot them both the same.