pitt1717

OBRPC Carbine match

Yes - includes .223.  You'll be either in TAC-IRONS or TAC-OPTICS depending on what sights your'e using.

Pistol caliber carbines are in PCC-IRONS or PCC-Optics

Don't think you'll need a sling.

Register here:  http://www.steelscoring.com/#/events/view/87

Questions..

Are 4 AR mag pouches enough?

I plan to use a 1X Red Dot. Will that be enough for this match, or should I pick ip a magnifier? For 3 gun I plan to have a 1-6x Vortex.

I have a sling, but see it isn't required.

Anything else I need? (Besides the AR and ammo)

I'm expecting this to be something like a USPSA match, but with AR's.

Thnx

My 1st run at this too ---

Right now I'm registered as Tac/Iron sights

Is a non magnified red dot sight considered optics?  Gets classed with magnified sights? 

I have a couple of different ways I can set up -- just trying to figure out how I should run and register

Iron -- Red dot non magnified -- or magnified GRSC 1x4 scope

I've seen you shoot so you better bring about nine mags... 

But really, 

Four is good but five is better. I usually start with a coupled mag for my first with three on my belt. Last time most of the stages were (stupid) empty gun starts so practice that a little. Get your sling set up and figured out. Know your zero because you will be shooting clay pigeons (yes shotgun targets) at twenty - thirty yards. Most of the stages three mags were enough. Practice prone because they have a fence with a small hole on the bottom, for a mouse like Tom and Jerry, and they will probably (but hopefully not) bust that thing out again. 

You should really use your scope and know your hold overs because it will be wayyyy easier. Some guys that shoot irons or limited run out of ammo. 

The intel I got yesterday at the USPSA match was no slings necessary and 4 mags on your belt will be sufficient if you're loading 15 each.

I wouldn't take that second one as gospel, but for me personally, anything beyond 4 will have to come from a pocket anyway

• Like 1

The intel I got yesterday at the USPSA match was no slings necessary and 4 mags on your belt will be sufficient if you're loading 15 each.

I wouldn't take that second one as gospel, but for me personally, anything beyond 4 will have to come from a pocket anyway

Yep. I'm planning 3 on belt and maybe one in a pocket

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Damn, wish I could make this one but only saw this now & don't have any mag pouches. For next time, what kind of mag holsters are you guys running? I need to pick some up.

It don't have to be fancy --  I don't have any real AR15 mag pouches either -- I borrowed from my sons airsoft rig -- a 2 mag pouch with molle attachment -- fits and works just fine on my belt

I'll run 2 more mags in my thigh pocket

I'm not going to spend the money on gear for 1 event to see if i like it -- 

It don't have to be fancy --  I don't have any real AR15 mag pouches either -- I borrowed from my sons airsoft rig -- a 2 mag pouch with molle attachment -- fits and works just fine on my belt

I'll run 2 more mags in my thigh pocket

I'm not going to spend the money on gear for 1 event to see if i like it -- 

Airsoft stuff will work - mostly fits.  If it's cheap stuff it's most likely lower quality but will still do the job.

I do have some loaner gear available if anyone wants to meet up.

Oh, cool; good info guys. In that case, going to try to clear the schedule before reg closes tomorrow. Also, thanks for the generous offer, louu!

I don't suppose you can use a chest rig for these events, can you? Embarassingly enough, I have a Condor chest rig that someone gifted me last xmas.

Jer, just bring your inner belt and you can stick on my outer belt with pouches. Same goes for you MikeL if you go in my squad, I think it's squad 3.

I'll bring my belt but I should be good with what I have planned

I'm not going to miss so I really only need 3 mags