Indianajonze

Another Shooting at Gun For Hire

http://www.northjersey.com/news/woodland-park-police-investigating-reported-shooting-at-gun-for-hire-1.1629056

Whatever these guys are doing to ensure this stuff doesn't happen clearly isn't working...

Or maybe you could wait until all the facts are in before casting judgement.....

Instead.....

Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in this....

• Like 4

A 25 year old renter. I have no prob with suicide. Your choice. But stop dragging others into it. Go fly off a fooking bridge or something. They got to ruin other lives while they are at it just pisses me off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

He used his 18 year brother to get in because of the 2 person requirement. That kid's mind will be scarred for life.

Selfish!!!!

There should be a sign: Free Uber to GW Bridge

As an aside, do you know someone jumps from the gwb on average every 3 days? I have to drive there some mornings and there's ridiculous traffic due to someone on the bridge. Researched it and it's every 3 days

He used his 18 year brother to get in because of the 2 person requirement. That kid's mind will be scarred for life.

Selfish!!!!

You too John...​

Toughen up

But yes I do feel sorry for the family

You too John...​

Toughen up

But yes I do feel sorry for the family

Toughen up for what Frank? I've seen shit like that when I was a teen. It fooked my mind up for years.

I'm tough now, nothing phases me. It just pisses me off.

As an aside, do you know someone jumps from the gwb on average every 3 days? I have to drive there some mornings and there's ridiculous traffic due to someone on the bridge. Researched it and it's every 3 days

It really is the way to go. Quick, easy, a bit of an adrenaline rush on the way down. No muss, no fuss.

If I owned a gun range in North Jersey, I would try to encourage anyone suicidal to go that route.

So John. You survived the trauma. And you're better for it. Yea the brother thing is exceptionally tough. But I have loads of questions.

Yes I'm sorry for the brother and family. And agreed the poor tortured soul that tried to end his life should have picked a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article Updated.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/man-shoots-himself-in-apparent-suicide-attempt-at-woodland-park-firing-range-1.1629056\

Capt. Eileen Tiernan of Woodland Park police confirmed that two Elmwood Park brothers in their 20s came to the firing range in the early afternoon for target practice with a handgun. At some point, one of the men turned the weapon on himself and fired. He suffered a chest wound and is in critical condition at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson. Police would not identify the man, who Tiernan believed to be in his mid-20s.

Tiernan said he gave no warning before he shot himself. It was unclear whether the brothers brought their own handgun or used one that belong to the firing range.

I know with the jumping to conclusions but if you already have a pistol why waste time to off yourself at a range? Seems like a waste of time

I know with the jumping to conclusions but if you already have a pistol why waste time to off yourself at a range? Seems like a waste of time

It was a rental Glock. Both walk ins.

So John. You survived the trauma. And you're better for it. Yea the brother thing is exceptionally tough. But I have loads of questions.

Yes I'm sorry for the brother and family. And agreed the poor tortured soul that tried to end his life should have picked a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea and it wasn't easy. It still haunts me sometimes today.

You know what we had back then to get through it? Nothing, nada, nobody. No counseling, no shrinks, no awwwww, lets hug him. Nothing but my old man that said suck it up and get over it.

I had no choice.

Regardless to the fact, even with all the help this kid has available today, I still would not wish that on him. It will always be an mage that is painted in his mind.

I also feel bad for the crew over there. Twice and too close together.

Can't they just put up some "This is a Suicide-Free Facility" signs?  That should stop this.

Gallows humor aside, this sucks, but it's not unique to anything that Woodland Park is doing.  RTSP has had two suicides as well, IIRC.

Not sure what the solution is, other than to have renters start operating rental firearms via something like this:

sandblasting-cabinet-from-oil-tank.jpeg

• Like 1

Can't they just put up some "This is a Suicide-Free Facility" signs? That should stop this.

Gallows humor aside, this sucks, but it's not unique to anything that Woodland Park is doing. RTSP has had two suicides as well, IIRC.

Not sure what the solution is, other than to have renters start operating rental firearms via something like this:

sandblasting-cabinet-from-oil-tank.jpeg

Not a bad idea actually. Not a tank, but a steel cable that locks the gun to the port and only can be raised enough to point down range.

Hmmmm, got me wheels aturning. :)