Jfoster99

Cheap AR Upper

I'd go with something like this

http://ballisticadvantage.com/14-5-inch-556-m4-carbine-cmv-modern-barrel.html

With the F marked FSP and everything. Add a stripped upper and at least you know the barrel is from a place with decent reviews. You should be able to find a cheap upper and be within $250ish. Then just pin a muzzle brake and shave the bayonet lug and you'll be set.

Also realize that with the fixed front sight you don't have to buy a front and rear sight. Only a rear.

Stay away from no-name stuff.... especially barrels and BCGs.  Someone mentioned the PSA Freedom line above.  That's their mid-grade stuff and it's a decent bang for the buck.  I bought an "everything but lower" Freedom kit from them for $379 w. free shipping.  I have about 500 rounds through it.  2 MOA w. 55gr surplus and not a hiccup yet. 

Radical is decent for cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beg to differ:

BYOR1ZF.png

From Reddit:  Roommate just bought a Radical Firearms 10.5 5.56 barrel and this is what he got. Huge gouges in the rifling near the gas port. How this ever left the factory is beyond me.

I beg to differ:

BYOR1ZF.png

From Reddit: Roommate just bought a Radical Firearms 10.5 5.56 barrel and this is what he got. Huge gouges in the rifling near the gas port. How this ever left the factory is beyond me.

I've also read reports of them having shipped barrels with mismatched uppers to barrel extension. Can't remember if it was rifle extension with m4 feed ramps or m4 barrel extension without m4 feed ramps in the upper. But hey, they are cheap.

So I call up the owner of 22modsforall.com. Home of the $199 upper.

Apparently they use Anderson upper receivers and Bearcreek barrels. I am familiar with Anderson but not so much with Bearcreek.... The Bearcreek website sell 16" barrels for $79 so I gather then are and economy value brand...

• Like 1

I just started a budget build starting with a spike tactical lower that i got a good deal on. during my search for uppers i found this on the interwebz.

http://daytonatactical.com/collections/ar15-rifle-uppers-16-and-longer/products/16-1x9-wylde-carbine-15-inch-keymod-rail-no-bcg-or-charging-handle

Anyone know anything about this company and their products?

Last night I picked up my 10 pack of Anderson $39 stripped lowers... The NICS / FFL Transfer fee averaged $16... So I was FFL to my Safe for $55 each...

Franks Tackle and Field in Wanaque did the FFL Transfer.. $44 For the first Gun, $22 for the second and $11 each additional. Not a bad deal.... It did take us almost an hour to complete all the paper work....

113a9a9f192ef072ad816172a2480fe7.jpg

Nice. That's called looking ahead, I'd do that in a flash if I could afford it. I've recently found a possible alternative to Radical for cheap barrels called spinta precision. They have a sale section with barrels for $80 and I'm expecting their quality to be much better. I'll be ordering 2 BCG's and 3 bolts later today and I'll post a review of what I think. I mainly plan on shooting 6.5 Grendel and I have an expensive barrel for that, but I think it'll be a smart move for me to buy a cheap .556 barrel and a cheap 7.62 barrel so that if everything goes crazy I still have the ability to shoot the two most readily available types of ammo.

Trying to sell any of those?

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Not for sale... Long term storage for now... Maybe a couple of quick low budget builds... I've been looking at $199 complete uppers from 22modsforall.com...