mustang69

Exterminator recommendation needed

One of my tenants called complaining of mice, so they called an exterminator for an estimate to treat. Long story short, now I need to deal with mice AND carpenter ants. Or so the report says. I tend to be skeptical on cold-call contracts, especially when the price given to the tenant magically doubles when it gets to me. Can anyone recommend someone that won't rob me blind?

Two-family house in Somerville, Somerset County

How about West Pest Out of Middlesex

Call Chris West 732-271-0650

Personally I've never had the need for an exterminator  but I've known this guy for a few decades and I hear he's really good at what he does.

•  

• Lady bug Pest Services  474 North Ave E  Westfield NJ

Phone number(908) 317-8576

This guy is honest and reasonable, and he's a little east of you, but I'm pretty sure he covers your area.

If your "pm sent" means one of the guys here gets the work, that's cool too.

What was the quote and is it both units that have a problem? I've got over 30 years of experience the last 9 on my own . I don't do a lot up your way but I can help you know if it's reasonable

Only one unit has mentioned the problem but what turned me off to the first guy was his business practice.

Initial quote to the tenant was $350, then when he learned it was a landlord/tenant deal the quote came to me at $700.  Then the tenant called back to tray and negotatie it went to $450 "for just her unit".

I don't mind paying for good work but I won't get screwed...

Average mouse job $175- $225 for a single family home average carpenter ant treatment with 1 year warranty $395 if both treatments are done at the same time the cost should be about $495 ,that price for just one unit sounds high get another inspection make sure you really have carpenter ants you should insist on a 1 year warranty and you want it transferable in case you sell the home .i do some work in your area

Average mouse job $175- $225 for a single family home average carpenter ant treatment with 1 year warranty $395 if both treatments are done at the same time the cost should be about $495 ,that price for just one unit sounds high get another inspection make sure you really have carpenter ants you should insist on a 1 year warranty and you want it transferable in case you sell the home .i do some work in your area

PM Sent

How long have you owned the house? We had a termite problem the first spring we were in this house. I got the home inspector to pay for it.

Unfortunately he also missed structural problems with our chimney, which didn't surface for a couple of years. Ouch.

How long have you owned the house? We had a termite problem the first spring we were in this house. I got the home inspector to pay for it.

Unfortunately he also missed structural problems with our chimney, which didn't surface for a couple of years. Ouch.

owned for 5 years already...