Maciej

F-1 Firearms Build: Skeletonized Receiver Set, BCG, Geissele Trigger, Wilson Combat Fluted Barrel, Cerakoted

I'm about to go to dinner but had to post the pic, just picked it up from Gus at Dynamic Combat Solutions after getting it cerakoted. I'll fill in the details once I get back.

F1FirearmsBuild.jpg

The rifle looks awesome. What's hard to see in the picture is that between the flutes the barrel is polished--giving it a two tone look of mat and shiny finishes.

I have the same grip on mine and I had Gus stipple it and it's awesome. Did you handle mine when you saw it?

The rifle looks awesome. What's hard to see in the picture is that between the flutes the barrel is polished--giving it a two tone look of mat and shiny finishes.

I have the same grip on mine and I had Gus stipple it and it's awesome. Did you handle mine when you saw it?

I actually didn't see that grip on yours, I only fondled your AR that he has on the site, I think it was the BCM grip that it had on it the time.

The entire rifle has a lot of contrast that really makes it look like a work of art. I haven't put it in the rifle bag yet since I keep staring at it on my desk. Looking forward to getting some back up sights in the next few days and then taking it out to sight it in. Can't wait to see what kind of a tack driver it is, need to start piecing together my next build which is going to be another skeletonized receiver set from F-1 just the AR10 for a long range setup. 

Get one of the barrel through the handguard. It's a great detail to be appreciated.

Thinking of a cool background to get more shots of it. We may be doing some graphics on my friend's helicopter and I'm rooting for urban digi camo, would make for some great pics lol 

Not that much in terms of the receiver set, it's maybe an ounce or two lighter than a traditional billet receiver set. I will tell you that because they match the upper and lower the rifle feels extraordinarily sturdy and well constructed. I went with the skeletonized bolt carrier group to reduce recoil, I was torn with going with the JP low mass titanium carrier setup but couldn't justify the extra coin as I got this one for $190, while the JP I think is somewhere in the high $400 low $500 range. 

Does the skeletonized process reduce a lot of weight? Does it compromise the strength of the upper lower, or rail?

That looks completely awesome ! Can we have a full build list ?

Yup, here we go...

• F-1 Firearms BDR-15-3G Receiver Set
  • F-1 Firearms C7K Handguard
  • Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel, 5.56 NATO, Paul Howe, 14.7" 1-8 Twist, Stainless, Fluted
  • Seekins AR ATC Muzzle Brake
  • Geissele SD-C Trigger w/ Flat Trigger Bow
  • AP Custom Low Mass Bolt Carrier Group
  • Wilson Combat Tactical Bolt Release
  • Noveske Short Throw Selector
  • Seekins Billet Magazine Release Button
  • Seekins Adjustable Low Profile Gas Block
  • BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
  • Ace Entry Length Skeleton Stock
  • Spikes Tactical ST-2 Heavy Buffer
  • Wilson Combat Starburst Gunfighter Grip
  • Aimpoint Comp M4S Optics
  • All Cerakote done by Dynamic Combat Solutions

I think that about covers it.

Curious why you went with a heavy buffer if you have an adjustable gas block? 

It's just a starting point, but my general idea was to minimize bolt bounce since it's a lighter carrier group, I'm under the general opinion that I'll be playing around with different buffers. There's also the possibility that I may go off the deep end and buy the super light carrier from JP at some point. I'm planning on building a skeletonized AR10 for longer range bench shooting and possible another AR15 for mid range. 

I actually didn't see that grip on yours, I only fondled your AR that he has on the site, I think it was the BCM grip that it had on it the time.

The entire rifle has a lot of contrast that really makes it look like a work of art. I haven't put it in the rifle bag yet since I keep staring at it on my desk. Looking forward to getting some back up sights in the next few days and then taking it out to sight it in. Can't wait to see what kind of a tack driver it is, need to start piecing together my next build which is going to be another skeletonized receiver set from F-1 just the AR10 for a long range setup.

'

Yeah he did the grip after it went on the site.

its a really nice build. But I will say this, saw a few at the 3man 3gun match over the weekend, and they were spotless stage 1, filthy buy the middle of the day. Gorgeous none the less.

I believe it, should be getting my Magpul flip up sights in the next two or three days, then I'll take it down to Gun For Hire to sight it in and have some fun with it. 

Looking forward to building one or two more rifles, love how they look and feel. 

Ah awesome! Pics? Tempted now thinking about it knowing Gus' stippling quality. 

There's a pic of the grip back in the DCS gunsmithing thread.