Mr.Stu

IDPA Introduction Class

39 posts in this topic

I am going to run another introduction to IDPA class in September. There are quite a few members here who have taken the class and followed up with going to matches and having a good time getting off the X.

If you have been wanting to get into practical shooting matches, but want a step up so you don't walk in blind, please consider this class.

Thanks for looking,

Stu (Mr.)

3 people like this

Does anyone know if there is going to be another Intro class in Nov or Dec?

I went to check out an IDPA match last year around this time and promptly got sidetracked by other things but have still been thinking about it.

Still a little out of my comfort zone to go in cold but I might do a intro class to try it out.

-Jim

The range is outdoors so dress accordingly for the weather. I'm hoping it will be nice still.

I'll be there from somewhere between 9:30 and 10 but I'll be on the rifle range zeroing a new to me rifle.

I'll start setting up the class at around 11. Help won't be turned away, but this is a paid class, not a match where everybody involved is a volunteer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By bhtc
      Hi, 
      Hello from Black Hat Training Corps, BHTC (http://bhtcorps.com). 
      We have opened up our RECCE/DMR course for registration. This is an and/or course. You can bring rifles set up for either task and shoot them both if you wish. 
      30 second elevator description: 
      -- 
      This is a high round count, long distance rifle course that focuses on practical employment of the AR platform rifle with magnified optics either 10+(DMR), or the 1-4 or 1-6 range (RECCE) out to the furthest possible distance. Both you and your platform will be pushed to their limits. We recommend 200-250 rounds for each class of rifle you bring. Bring more == shoot more. 
      -- 
      If you don't know about us, feel free to ask openly here, on snipershide.com, pafoa.org or the njgunforums. 

Full Info and registration: 
      http://www.bhtcorps.com/?page_id=518

CONCEPTS OF INSTRUCTION: 
      DMR/SDM Definition, Role, and capabilities 
      Evolution and Demand of the DMR and RECCE platforms, and how it differs from other roles 
      A look at different and useful ways to configure both platforms 
      Ballistics, Trajectory 
      Review on range estimation 
      Practical Alternative zeroing techniques 
      SBU prone engagements 
      Significant amount of Reticle work 
      Multiple target engagement techniques 
      Distances for course shots are 100 to 800Y, with available targets to 1040Y if you want to go after them 
      Working with non-traditional support 
      Shooting from hasty positions 
      Some work on traditional unsupported positions 
      Full darkness night fire (green laser designator illuminated targets, no NV or suppressor required) 
      Scenario based final exam with pass or fail elements
    • By AlexTheSane
      I have reserved the dojo at RTSP for April 24, 1pm-4pm.

$120 + $10 for a training knife

Tactical Knife Proficiencies: D.R.O. 2
      This seminar will expand on the physical skills taught in the D.R.O. 1 course of using a knife for self defense. We will be covering additional situations and drills to advance the participants' attributes in the following skills:    Deployment - Accessing and utilizing your blade (focusing on the use of a folder)   Retention - Retaining/holding onto your blade   Obstructions - Getting your blade to your target while something is attempting to stop it    Without addressing these three aspects, you can't use your knife to protect your life or others around you.   This seminar will be taught by Chris LaCava, M.S., L.Ac.   Participants need to bring the following: *Eye protection that can be secured to the head  *Folding Training blade
    • By GAPP
      GAPP will be offering an AR beginners course on April 17, 2016 at Fort Dix Range 14. This course is the NRA First steps rifle course (specifically for the AR rifle platform). It is designed to introduce the new AR-15 owner to their rifle properly and safely. The classroom portion covers the history of the platform, disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, and aftermarket accessories... as well as the laws regarding rifles of this type. Several models are available to look at and will be used for demonstration in the classroom... and one can be provided for use on the range if you don't own an AR yet and just want to learn how to shoot one. After lunch, we head out to the range and zero your rifle... and see if you can hit a steel plate at 200 yards. The course length is approximately 6 hours and the cost is $180. If you're a new AR owner or if you've had one sitting in your safe for a while, come out and learn more about it. For registration info, go to http://gappnj.com/rifle/ar_beginners. The class size is limited so register soon.
    • By Nucrunner
      If you’re in the Philadelphia viewing area,
      Action News (channel 6) is previewing an “Arming Yourself Against the Active Shooter” segment for tonight’s (2/26) 11 o’clock news.
      Previews show folks buying guns and getting training – I have no idea how the news station will treat to topic – just a head’s up if you want to watch it.
    • By Mr.Stu
      I am going to run another Introduction to IDPA class like the ones I did last year.

The date will be August 15th and we'll be using the special events bays at Easton Fish & Game as before.

If you're interested in IDPA and want to learn the basic rules and techniques in a friendly, low stress environment, please sign up.

Please note, IDPA is not for novice shooters. There is a lot to think about other than manipulating your firearm so I ask that you have at least 1 year's shooting experience.

Here's where to sign up:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-shooting-idpa-tickets-17889121845

Cheers,

Stu.