I am going to run another introduction to IDPA class in September. There are quite a few members here who have taken the class and followed up with going to matches and having a good time getting off the X.

If you have been wanting to get into practical shooting matches, but want a step up so you don't walk in blind, please consider this class.

Thanks for looking,

Stu (Mr.)

• Like 3

Does anyone know if there is going to be another Intro class in Nov or Dec?

I went to check out an IDPA match last year around this time and promptly got sidetracked by other things but have still been thinking about it.

Still a little out of my comfort zone to go in cold but I might do a intro class to try it out.

-Jim

The range is outdoors so dress accordingly for the weather. I'm hoping it will be nice still.

I'll be there from somewhere between 9:30 and 10 but I'll be on the rifle range zeroing a new to me rifle.

I'll start setting up the class at around 11. Help won't be turned away, but this is a paid class, not a match where everybody involved is a volunteer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Mr.Stu
      I have been asked to run a class to prepare people for carrying a defensive firearm by my home range, Phillipsburg Pistol club.
      It will be held on August 6th, from noon until approx. 4pm.
      We will cover safe use of a holster and a number of defensive shooting techniques.
      The class will finish with running each student through HQC1 and a certificate will be provided for those that achieve a passing score.
      It is open to all, but members of Phillipsburg Pistol Club will have spots reserved for them.
      Sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/holster-use-and-defensive-shooting-techniques-registration-675278625547
    • By ESB
      Going to do a few posts on at home training including what you need, how to do it safely and cover some drills.  From basic to some more advanced stuff.  Really the importance is to focus on perfecting the basics and make it become second nature.  It's important to start slowly, fix any mistakes, and build proper muscle memory.  Avoid getting sloppy or lazy and developing training scars. 
      Practice does not make perfect.  Practice makes permanent.  Only perfect practice makes perfect.  
      I like to spend about 20 minutes a few days a week.  5 minutes for setup and clean up, and 15 minutes for practice.  That's all that's really needed.  Make sure you have a goal in mind on what you want to focus on.  This will prevent you from getting sloppy and getting training scars, and will help you stay interested by allowing you to constantly improve.  

SAFETY:
      Setup a safe area where you will not be interrupted.  Place your targets in the safest position in case of an accidental misfire.  
      Immediately check and make your gun clear.  Do the same with the magazines you will be practicing with (recommend 2 empty magazines).  
      Retrieve all of the items you might need for this training.  You don't want to have to go back into the safe or storage where your live guns and ammo are once you start practicing.  
      Store and lock up all live ammunition away from where you will be doing the training for the entire duration of the training.  If you can't lock it up, it should be in a separate room where you will not go until your training session is totally finished and you are putting everything away.  
      Every time you pick up the gun, check that it is clear.  Even though you know its clear, this creates the mindset to always check the status of a gun when you pick it up.  
      When you are done training, you are done.  Don't go back and do one more thing after you start putting things away.  This is when accidents happen.  

• By Mr.Stu
      I'm running my Intro to IDPA class next month.
      There's quite a few on this forum that have done it and they seemed to like it. If you want an easy way to transition from a static port to shooting on the move consider this class.
      Read the details and sign up here: http://idpa-intro.eventbrite.com/