DirtyDigz

What do you use to mark magazines?

What do you use to mark/label handgun magazines? 

It hit me when packing for the range last night that my handgun magazine collection is starting to get out of hand and I need to start labeling them, both so I can quickly identify which handgun the magazine is for and also in case I have problems with a magazine so I can take it out of service until it gets fixed.

I'd prefer to mark them on the sides of the magazines instead of the bottom, but is there anything I can mark them with that won't wear off after a bunch of cycles in and out of the handgun?

What do you use to mark/label handgun magazines? 

It hit me when packing for the range last night that my handgun magazine collection is starting to get out of hand and I need to start labeling them, both so I can quickly identify which handgun the magazine is for and also in case I have problems with a magazine so I can take it out of service until it gets fixed.

I'd prefer to mark them on the sides of the magazines instead of the bottom, but is there anything I can mark them with that won't wear off after a bunch of cycles in and out of the handgun?

I've used a label maker in the past and never had issues.

Electric engraving pen, or black sharpie on SS mags (reapplied every year or two). I just give each one a number, and track failure to feeds in a notebook to see if a problem is developing

Silver Sharpie and/or black Sharpie Industrial marker.

The silver does eventually wear off a bit, but the industrial markers seem to last a damn long time, it just may be harder to see depending on the color and materials of the magazine.  If you use the silver sharpie, try to use it in places that won't be rubbed/handled, like dimples/indents or other low points of the magazine.