deerpark

Whos your auto insurer? Looking for recommendations.

lXLa8gA.png

I'm with Geico at the moment. 

They kinda got me by the jewels because theyve got my home owners and umbrella. 

I think I get a multi policy discount.

Anyway, I find that people should switch insurers every few years in order to save some CA$H.

Can you guys make a recommendation? 

Just looking for a new auto insurance co at the moment.

Anybody in your house work for an employer in the NJ Business and Industry Assn.  then, it could be possible to insure through NJ Manufacturers.  Sometimes they have open enrollment.

It is also possible to be in their "re-insurance" program for a period of time and then get into the main insurer for the big discounts but it's probably 2 years or something.

I have State Farm since I started driving and I am happy with them. However if I could afford it I would have Chubb insurance. NJM is good but Chubb it the best by far but you pay for it.  My wife works for Chubb and with the discount we still cant justify the price but if I had a high value car id definitely have Chubb.  

• Like 1

I have State Farm since I started driving and I am happy with them. However if I could afford it I would have Chubb insurance. NJM is good but Chubb it the best by far but you pay for it.  My wife works for Chubb and with the discount we still cant justify the price but if I had a high value car id definitely have Chubb.  

Agree 100% about Chubb.  My parents have them and they are wonderful.  Last year they were using their fireplace and the flue was not working right and backed smoke into the house.  Chubb spent something like $20,000 cleaning stuff.  They did much stuff my parents never even asked for.

Had State Farm for 8 or 9 years. They were good. No issues with claims. Got a quote from GEICO about 8 years ago and save a bunch of money per year. No issues with claims, coverage. Quality or work or choice of shops.

Wondering what issue was for 67gtonut.

I had Geico for 10+ years. Geico tries to push their express service shops, and the one time I used one the work was subpar. After I hit the discount plateau a few years ago my rates began to increase every 6 months. Called to inquire and was told that rates for my area went up. Switched to NJ Manufacturers and saved 30% on the same coverage.

What do you want from your insurance Co?

For low cost it's easy to find a company - almost all of them will provide Web quotes.

For service and no hassles I'm in the Chubb camp - my wife and I had a combined 55 years at the company and she just retired. There is no company better for paying claims but it comes at a cost, and the underwriters can be pretty picky about what they write. I remember a tag line many years ago about them insuring more Ferrari's than Hyundai's. For a specialty car I wouldn't consider any other company. For a Camry? Anyone else will be cheaper

can you expand on why? i have them and if you have a good reason ill switch. i just have not had any problem with them since i switched to the about a year ago.

Had State Farm for 8 or 9 years. They were good. No issues with claims. Got a quote from GEICO about 8 years ago and save a bunch of money per year. No issues with claims, coverage. Quality or work or choice of shops.

Wondering what issue was for 67gtonut.

Having been in the auto industry for a long time :oldschool: ...... I have had to work with Geico and also my bodyshop of course has had to...... They are are a tough payer, and make it difficult for vendor to properly repair cars with decent quality parts....  

I have been with NJM for 20 years and would never leave them..... 

USAA if you qualify. Consistently gets top awards for customer service, though the 'perks' have dwindled over the years. Their car buying service also gives some of the best rates (not saying you can't do better on your own if willing for the hard haggle).

We have a package deal with Allstate; auto, home and personal umbrella.For business we have Liberty Mutual. I don't have Chubb but work for clients who do. They are second to none for coverage but as mentioned; they charge for it.

Years ago, I was moving to a new home...closed that morning, headed to the house later that day with my car loaded to the gills with all of the irreplaceable or need-it-the-first-night stuff that I couldn't let the movers move.   No shooting stuff in that load, fortunately.

I stopped for Chinese take-out at the Echo Plaza Mall on Rt 22 in Springfield.  In the time it took me to pick up my order, my car was stolen.  It turned up 4 days later on the outskirts of Newark, empty and partly stripped.  

NJM paid the claim without question--it couldn't have been easier.  I'd had my policy with them for only about 7 hours at the time of the theft.   I was impressed--I figured I'd at least get the third degree and a runaround for a couple of months until they were sure it wasn't an insurance scam.

Because of my wife's driving style I had to deal with few companies recently. From the worst to better ones:

NJ cure - they are very hard when comes to pay for repairs and they try to avoid it at all cost.

Geico - excellent sales and front end service but very tough to get money for repairs

Both NJC and Geico won't allow OEM parts if aftermarket parts are available.

I use Ameriprise /Costco, so far they were the cheapest with decent reimbursement policies. My body shop guy said depending on car they allow OEM parts.

He also suggested that Travelers are good and NJM are the best. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What do you want from your insurance Co?

For low cost it's easy to find a company - almost all of them will provide Web quotes.

For service and no hassles I'm in the Chubb camp - my wife and I had a combined 55 years at the company and she just retired. There is no company better for paying claims but it comes at a cost, and the underwriters can be pretty picky about what they write. I remember a tag line many years ago about them insuring more Ferrari's than Hyundai's. For a specialty car I wouldn't consider any other company. For a Camry? Anyone else will be cheaper

We have a package deal with Allstate; auto, home and personal umbrella.For business we have Liberty Mutual. I don't have Chubb but work for clients who do. They are second to none for coverage but as mentioned; they charge for it.

We have a package deal for Homeowner's, Auto, Personal Articles and Personal Liability Umbrella insurance with State Farm to get all of the discounts that they offer that we are eligible for. Their premiums are usually in the middle range for most of the insurance coverage they offer. Thankfully, we have only had to use the auto insurance and they have come through for us. I insisted that all available OEM parts be used for major repairs and they approved that request.

For any higher value special interest, antique or classic automobiles, my experience is that is is a toss up between Chubb and Hagerty (Agency) for complete replacement valuations, without hassles. This type of auto insurance has a number of restrictions, including what type of driving you can do and to where you can drive to, which allows for reduced premiums that will allow for complete replacement value.

As mustang69 and gabonk have indicated, Chubb is expensive and Hagerty is about the same, but if you have a very valuable vehicle then IMHO, it is worth the cost for peace of mind and excellent customer service. Those two are the leaders in the very high-end automotive world, with J.C. Taylor a distant third.

One important issue is to do some research on the financial history, strength and stability of any insurance company you are seriously considering. If a major natural disaster event occurs (i.e. Super Storm Sandy), then many 2nd tier insurance companies may have some problems meeting or paying out all of their claims. I do believe that in the end, we all usually get what we pay for...

AVB-AMG