Lambo2936

Think i may end up buying a G19?

I feel bad bothering them with no intention to purchase either; i would, but Heritage Rahway doesn't have the nicest employees; probably because i'm young at 22, and showed up with my Fiance and baby. Most of the guys seem to have an attitude, besides for the younger guy. They are pretty good at easton, but branchburg is by far my favorite; i blew over 3 grand there when i got my FID. The guy i dealt with is a former PO with a bunch of kids... he was truly fantastic, even when my daughter spit up on their carpet. Didn't judge when i asked some dumb ass questions, and had me confidently leaving with a .45 1911 when i was fairly set on a 9mm like one of the ones i am now contemplating, due to being afraid of starting off with a larger caliber.
If i DO spend any $$, it'll be in THAT location. I spent 450$ or so in Easton once, too, on a used firearm that isn't the greatest.... Should have disassembled it in the damn store, but i trusted that they would have done so themselves so as not to sell old dirty crap. Big mistake, and i'll never buy used from them again.

The G19, VP9 and Walther are all great handguns. One may feel a little better in your hands while the other one may have the better trigger pull. So which one to get ?

If I had one choice to make it would be the G19 b/c of the fact that 1) its really easy to work on yourself and 2) parts are easily available. If something breaks then you can usually fix it yourself with a Glock. With the other two you will probably have to send it back to the company and wait a few weeks to get it back.

Glock also has a HUGE variety of aftermarket part upgrades like sights, barrels and triggers if you so desire to change anything. The other two are limited in that dept as well.

• Like 1

Tons of amazing striker fired guns out there now - you mentioned and held several of them -

I have 3 hammer fired (1911, Beretta .22, and .357 wheelgun) and 2 strikers and like them both - Glock triggers are so smooth now with the Gen 4, and the Walther's is so light, the Sig and HK striker triggers are so crisp - they really all are great -

• Like 1

Found a fair deal on a G19 Gen 4; comes with XS night sights and blade tech IDPA gun and mag holster setup for 450$. 2 owners, about 1000 down range. I'll be the 3rd owner. Looks like its in good condition though.

• Like 1

Found a fair deal on a G19 Gen 4; comes with XS night sights and blade tech IDPA gun and mag holster setup for 450$. 2 owners, about 1000 down range. I'll be the 3rd owner. Looks like its in good condition though.

Then I stand corrected. You'll be happy with that setup!

Not a bad deal at all!  Good luck with it!

Thinking the vp9 will be next if i dont find a great deal on something else. In the meantime ill have to find some time to meet with the seller sometime. Hopefully it really is in good condition. Going to be a nice fun plinker.