Sign in to follow this  
Recon Racoon

Which one would you pick?

So your LGS has two milsurp rifles. An Enfield No4 MKI and a Yugoslavian Mauser.

The Enfield is in roughish shape and could use some restoration. Some rust on the bolt, action needs to be smoothed out and the wood needs some care.

The Mauser is in great shape. Needs no work. Bore is in great shape. Very strong rifling, almost mirror glossy.

If you HAD to pick ONE, which one would it be?

What are they asking for them?

349 on the Enfield and 249 on the Mauser. I could probably see if they can swing me a deal if I pick up both but I doubt it lol

Nick, I'd definitely get both If I could. Just because I need both for my collection. Sure the Mauser is a Yugo but I still count it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have a Yugo M48, and just picked up a Ishapore 2A1.

Both are nice designs, but if you are looking at .303, definitely want to reload for that. When I went for an Enfield, I opted for the 7.62mm version due to ammo availability. I was looking at getting a M1A, so it was a good choice.

If it were me, I'd go with the Yugo... mainly due to ammo.

The Enfield is a bit overpriced in the condition you describe IMO. The Mauser is fairly priced. If you want both $500 for both would seem fair.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Worst they'll say is no lol

Enfield all the way. But it sounds like it's in rough shape so I would save your money and spend a tiny bit more and get an overall better Enfield, unless you're looking for a project. Check GB, you have lots to choose from.

Ive been looking for a new project to dump my money into. When I go back if they're still there I'll see exactly how bad it is and go from there.

Ended up just picking up the Yugo. After looking over the Enfield again, it's just in to bad a shape to bother with.

It's a Yugo 24/47. It looks almost unissued with strong cartouches, markings, super clean, with a finish of what I'd rate 97%.

I'll definitely be sharing photos on Monday when I get it home.

Congrats on your new rifle. You made the right choice considering the condition of the Enfield. That was a great price for a Mauser in great condition!

Ended up being 349, but the shape it's in...jesus. it's almost perfect. 687808ccf65bddb2f67bb8ccafbfa05c.jpg

The only pic I got of it yesterday. When I got there NICS was closed but I can pick it up Monday.