Sign in to follow this  
Jah

GSG-522 Optics?

I put some Fakeog (Acog clone) 4x scope I had from airsoft on my GSG522SD.  It's held zero fine and works well enough for the 5 years it's been on there.  Only downside is the eye relief is ...nonexistent.  It's a .22 so it doesn't have any recoil and doesn't matter that your eye is RIGHT THERE next to the scope, but that was why it wasn't mounted to an airsoft gun - couldn't use the damn thing with the goggles I wear.

This isn't mine (it's an airsoft one), but looks damn close to mine, minus the happy switch.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it does. I tried the sight without a mount first and the dot landed right on the front sight post ring so that was a no-go. Plus I couldn't use the irons with it. This mount raises the sight just enough so you can still use your irons plus the dot is not obscured. You cannot do-witness though.

Find it at Amazon - HOLOSUN AACW1.4 T1 Compatible Mount

One of those cheap red/green 4 reticle pattern sights that are all made in China but marketed under many different names - if you pay more than $30 for it, you're paying too much:

gsg-522-red-dot1.jpg

Yeah that's the POS I have.
  • Like 1

One of those cheap red/green 4 reticle pattern sights that are all made in China but marketed under many different names - if you pay more than $30 for it, you're paying too much:

gsg-522-red-dot1.jpg

I put that on a Beretta Cx4 to see if the concept worked. $19 well spent and the 9mm doesn't seem to effect it holding zero.

The only thing I'd critique for your application is that this red dot reticle is a bit larger than a .22 hole at 50 yards. Still worth it though.

• Like 1