Sign in to follow this  

Great time there despite the power outage. I though that Dan Smutter did a great job breaking down the current carry situation.

The RTSP simulator was amazing.

Anyone else make it there?

Yea, left after the NJSP talk. Had to beat feet. Wish I stayed longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to leave at lunch. The talks were great. Everyone did a great job. A nice turnout. So we got an answer from the NJSP that we can carry loaded magazines to the range. Cam Edwards also gave an excellent presentation. Big thanks to all of the sponsors particularly Anthony and GFH.

I had to leave at lunch. The talks were great. Everyone did a great job. A nice turnout. So we got an answer from the NJSP that we can carry loaded magazines to the range. Cam Edwards also gave an excellent presentation. Big thanks to all of the sponsors particularly Anthony and GFH.

So the NJSP is saying definitively that a loaded mag is not considered a loaded firearm? (assuming the mag is not loaded into a firearm)

So the NJSP is saying definitively that a loaded mag is not considered a loaded firearm? (assuming the mag is not loaded into a firearm)

I'd like to know this as well; we had a fairly long discussion about this in the past; I'd like to hear it from NJSP myself, but i didn't hear about this meeting until it was too late.

Anyone get video footage of them saying that transporting loaded mags is OK?  I transported my mags loaded to/from the range despite the ambiguity (before I left NJ) but I certainly would have loved to have video footage on my phone I could show to a cop if it ever came to it.

They were doing video of the event.

Yes the representative from the NJSP Firearms Unit said that magazines are not a firearm and can be loaded as long as they are kept separately from the firearm.

Though he also said that everything depends on the knowledge and training of individual officers.

btw: He is a proud member of the NRA which brought loud applause.

Unfortunately each speaker was only given a limited time to speak so he didn't get to answer many questions. Maybe next year and everyone should be attending. If enough people come maybe we can get some good press coverage next year.

After hearing Nappen discuss the strides they have made in NH with knife rights I am more optimistic than before the conference.

Yes the representative from the NJSP Firearms Unit said that magazines are not a firearm and can be loaded as long as they are kept separately from the firearm.

Though he also said that everything depends on the knowledge and training of individual officers.

Unfortunately each speaker was only given a limited time to speak so he didn't get to answer many questions. Maybe next year and everyone should be attending. If enough people come maybe we can get some good press coverage next year.

After hearing Nappen discuss the strides they have made in NJ with knife rights I am more optimistic than before the conference.

Loaded Mags = Not a problem. Why do you need to hear or see it direct from the NJSP when we were there and confirmed it?

Thats why. I've never had an issue with the loaded mags but having a definitive point of reference to show could help minimize the "lack of knowledge and training" and ensuing clusterfuk.

I was there from the opening until around 5:00. I enjoyed the fast pace, and thought that the speakers were all good.

Wish there could have been a way for NJGF people to connect. I did get a chance to meet Mr. Stu through Irish Pete's Wife/Boss.

I was there from the opening until around 5:00. I enjoyed the fast pace, and thought that the speakers were all good.

Wish there could have been a way for NJGF people to connect. I did get a chance to meet Mr. Stu through Irish Pete's Wife/Boss.

I think there was through the app, but you needed to know everyone's real name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As previously stated by someone else, having that video on hand could potentially keep me out of jail in the future.

Carry a video around? If you are that worried, email the NJSP and get it documented.

Next time, make it a point to show up at Safecon.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I WOULD, but didn't see the post until literally the day of. Y'all need to make these events more known, haha.. I've been on here for 6+ months now fairly actively, and didn't hear anything of it.

That said, we should look into doing more social events and such... Wonder if any of the larger ranges would let us book a day and do a grill out/shoot out type deal. That'd be pretty awesome... Maybe Range 14 or something.

Then you are no way active enough. Its been posted here. You have the GunforHire radio show, (2nd most listen to 2a podcast in the country)... All over Facebook. You on Facebook, LIKE/Join the groups to stay in the know with all the aforementioned people.

I forget the lettering, but you have Rosey here chatting about it along with the Charlie billboards on the highway and his central Jersey organization.

In various newsletters. Etc, etc, etc, etc....

Look outside the box grasshoppa. The internet is a vast and knowledgable world. Its all there for the taking if you want it.

• Like 1

Then you are no way active enough. Its been posted here. You have the GunforHire radio show, (2nd most listen to 2a podcast in the country)... All over Facebook. You on Facebook, LIKE/Join the groups to stay in the know with all the aforementioned people.

I forget the lettering, but you have Rosey here chatting about it along with the Charlie billboards on the highway and his central Jersey organization.

In various newsletters. Etc, etc, etc, etc....

Look outside the box grasshoppa. The internet is a vast and knowledgable world. Its all there for the taking if you want it.

A radio show?! Didn't know they still did those things, hahaha. I don't think all too many young folks such as myself read newsletters anymore, either.

I need to pay more attention to random topics, i suppose. I should download the app, as well. I post quite a bit, but moreso to learn about stuff than to find events and such.

A radio show?! Didn't know they still did those things, hahaha. I don't think all too many young folks such as myself read newsletters anymore, either.

I need to pay more attention to random topics, i suppose. I should download the app, as well. I post quite a bit, but moreso to learn about stuff than to find events and such.

If you join ANJRPC they will send you emails about things like this as well as alerts about what crap they are trying to pull in Trenton. In fact I got an email from them tonight that the Dems are going to try to override Christie's veto of their phony "domestic violence" bill (but really another anti gun measure) tomorrow. If you don't want to use their range you can still join without range use.

After hearing Nappen discuss the strides they have made in NJ with knife rights I am more optimistic than before the conference.

Do you remember the trooper's name? Most of the guys in the FIU I've dealt with lately are really cool and pro gun.

:facepalm: We are our own worst enemies. Why don't we call the firearms unit 15,000,000 times and ask until it gets reversed after the wrong person answers the phone. I can't wait to get out of this state.

I was there manning the CNJFO Booth at the trade show.  Many members and supporters stopped-by to say hello and many new members joined, bought T-shirts and bought Charlie Targets (we have tons more of both for sale since the blackout knocked-out our ability to handle credit cards).  CNJFO created a CRIME SCENE complete with Charlie the Perp, road cones, Crime Scene Tape, dead body outline, Blue Guns and spent shell casings.  An interactive display to reinforce the fact that once you leave your home or business, you're unable to legally defend yourself with a firearm.

IN CASE WE MISSED YOU DUE TO THE STORM:

If you wish to help keep the billboard for Justifiable Need moving throughout the state, please donate at:  http://www.cnjfo.com/Donate .

If you wish to join and get your FREE T-shirt, go to:  http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us .

If you wish to learn more about NJ's dreaded Justifiable Need clause that PREVENTS you and everyone else we know from CCW, go to:  http://www.JustifiableNeed.com .

If you wish to buy our "Charlie the Perp" custom-printed 20" x 28" Targets we bought from Speedwell Target Co., go to:  http://www.cnjfo.com/store .

If you wish to show your support by just buying a "Charlie the Perp" 2-sided 2-color T-shirt, please go to:  http://www.cnjfo.com/store .

Thank you all for reading.  Stay SAFE my friends!

David J. "Rosey" Rosenthal, Vice President

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

http://www.cnjfo.com

• Like 1

... So we got an answer from the NJSP that we can carry loaded magazines to the range. ...

ATTN - Scorpio64, please see above.  Can the myth of "a firearm transported in the same vehicle with a loaded magazine (even if the magazine is in a separate container) counts as a loaded weapon" die now?

ATTN - Scorpio64, please see above.  Can the myth of "a loaded magazine counts as a firearm" die now?

Only problem with that is it does not mention that it must be in a seperate area. It says in close proximty... Within close is not the same as locked pistol in trunk, loaded mags in bag inside car.... That is the only way it is legal. That is the way we are suppose to transport firearms anyway. Simply put. NOT in the SAME compartment or case. Loaded mags are OK...   :)

Here's why it's significant that loaded mags are OK:  It's not that it makes it convenient to load them at home so as not to waste range time. 

It's so that if one is carrying an unloaded longarm, say in the trunk of a car, one could have a loaded mag or two nearby, so the gun could be up and running in seconds.  In EN's situation, with a folding rifle in a briefcase, it would seem to be relatively useless if one needed to start stuffing rounds into a mag to get it into the fight.  

^^^THIS^^^

Little more than 48 hours ago I had a recently retired police officer tell me not to transport loaded magazines as it could open a can of worms if I was stopped. Annoying and illogical as I find the quirk in NJ LE that treats loaded magazines and unloaded firearms in separate compartments as a "loaded weapon", it's not worth the time, fines or possible confiscation to save myself about five minutes at the range. YMMV.