wadezky

Oaks PA gun show....worth the trip?

Yea, lots of rimfire ammo. I didn't look at ammo prices, at all.

It was a small show, but getting there at 9AM resulted in a line around the building. Got in quick. Started in the back of the left side, as it looked like everyone was going from the front right.

There was somewhat realistic pricing out there. I noticed some Yugo SKS at below Classic's pricing... out the door (M59/66 at like $415, M59 at $435). There were a few people with an assortment of surplus at reasonable pricing (Enfields, Mausers, and a few Mosins). I did see some refinished Mosins, but for $775 for a sniper, I'm not game (if it were like a rebuilt Garand, maybe).

Next time, I'm probably going to look for a budget red dot (Holosun). Already have two Aimpoints, but not looking for another, as it is for my father's Colt. Anyone have any suggestions for reputable optic dealer that usually goes to Oaks? For the life of me, I don't feel confident with the two or three I took notice of... reminded me of people selling fake electronics at a flea market.

I was visiting a friend nearby and my husband and I went to the show with him. It was my first gun show and I enjoyed the experience. I bought a crate of ammo at a better price than I've been able to find locally and a few accessories.

Since I started this post I feel bad that I couldn't get there....my mom came up from Florida so it was all family all weekend.  So i'll be definitely shooting for the one in October!   I wasn't dying to buy anything other than ammo and I had just restocked online, but it would have been cool to handle some different guns that I don't get to see at the local gun stores.

I found some "good" (yes, relative) prices on . 22 ammo. Bought a couple of 500 round American Eagle bricks for $ 25.  The guy in front of me wiped out the seller of all his CCI mini mags; Bought the whole case. 

Met Average Joe too. Good guy. 

Every time I am there, I think about how great it would be to buy any pistol, at any time, and any quantity and not have to worry about bureaucratic red tape. I saw plenty of military surplus pistols and rifles. All stuff I would love to have, but cannot. 

Every time I am there, I think about how great it would be to buy any pistol, at any time, and any quantity and not have to worry about bureaucratic red tape. I saw plenty of military surplus pistols and rifles. All stuff I would love to have, but cannot.

I wanted the $3,500 mortar... was in the middle of the left side.

I was visiting a friend nearby and my husband and I went to the show with him. It was my first gun show and I enjoyed the experience. I bought a crate of ammo at a better price than I've been able to find locally and a few accessories.

It's great to see another gal getting interested in firearms, yay!!!

Thank your husband for us if he's who pointed you in the right direction, or whoever it might have been.

I found some "good" (yes, relative) prices on . 22 ammo. Bought a couple of 500 round American Eagle bricks for $ 25.  The guy in front of me wiped out the seller of all his CCI mini mags; Bought the whole case. 

Met Average Joe too. Good guy. 

Sounds like you are yet another who'd like to live almost anywhere but in Jerksey. Or who'd like to change which lawmakers we have. I hope you are a voter!!

I wanted the $3,500 mortar... was in the middle of the left side.

I wonder if I'm remembering the right thing… was it really shiny?

It's great to see another gal getting interested in firearms, yay!!!

Thank your husband for us if he's who pointed you in the right direction, or whoever it might have been.

I'll credit our friend, who started this all by placing a Beretta 92FS in my hands.  

I wonder if I'm remembering the right thing… was it really shiny?

I'll credit our friend, who started this all by placing a Beretta 92FS in my hands.  

Good friend, for sure.

Coincidences do happen,  that was my son's first purchase, in 9mm!

Great firearm for new AND experienced shooters.