PK90

My Walther Q5 Match Classic

Picked up a Walther PPQ Q5 Match. Sweet! But I always like the M1 because of the paddle magazine release. Sooo, I bought a PPQ Classic and switched the uppers.

Both the original trigger pull of the Q5 and the Classic averaged 4lb-15oz according to my Lyman Digital Gauge. Take-up was about 0.5" and reset to about 0.25". Not satisfied with that, although it is better than any trigger out there other than a 1911, I installed the Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger. Take-up was reduced to about 0.25" and reset to about 0.15". Trigger pull now averages 4lb-9oz. 

One more tweak to be done with a lighter trigger spring and I'll be set. 

Oh. And I upgraded the mags to 17 rounds and also installed the Leupold Delta-Point Pro. I likes it.  :good:

post-1314-0-45778500-1470078023_thumb.jpg

post-1314-0-11456600-1470078040_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have a 5" M2 and absolutely love the gun.  The trigger in it is unbelievable.  I had never actually measured it so when I saw this post I went out and checked it with my Lyman Digital Gauge.  It clocks in at between 4# 2 oz and 4# 4 oz.  I had once tried someone's 4" M2 that had the Apex in it and it actually felt like a harder pull than mine but it does have a much shorter take up.  Best of luck with yours, they make a great gun.

I have a 5" M2 and absolutely love the gun. The trigger in it is unbelievable. I had never actually measured it so when I saw this post I went out and checked it with my Lyman Digital Gauge. It clocks in at between 4# 2 oz and 4# 4 oz. I had once tried someone's 4" M2 that had the Apex in it and it actually felt like a harder pull than mine but it does have a much shorter take up. Best of luck with yours, they make a great gun.

I plan to polish a few contact spots and install a lighter spring. I ordered the same size (OD, Length, Thickness) in stainless. It is supposed to be a little lighter than the steel. If not, I will get the next size down on the thickness.
  • Like 1

And to note that the other difference between the Classic and the M2, is where the middle finger contacts the frame. On the Classic, the trigger guard is not as wide as on the M2.

post-1314-0-72972100-1470088985_thumb.jpg

Just bought the Q5 and can't wait to rescue it from jail when I get my permits 2 purchase. Love the feel of the 5" M2 and the way it shoots. Trying to figure out what optic I want to get for it in for the future after I locate some more funds.

I just got my new spring. Exactly the same size. Easy to install. No disassembly required. Without any polishing, it now breaks at an average of 3lb-7oz. 

I have 2 extras if anybody wants one shipped for $7.