Lambo2936

Value of Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 308

Hey folks. Found a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 308win for sale on a Forum. Seller claims it is brand new and unfired, and im contemplating picking it up and selling my savage 111. The link below is what he sent me just to confirm what rifle he was selling.
What do you guys think its worth, keeping in mind i'll have to pay an FFL here to receive it. Also, what do FFL's around me charge (woodbridge/east brunswick area)? I'd be willing to travel if worthwhile.. I know ive seen a few for 25$, which im assuming is 25$+NICS, so all i'd pay the FFL is 40$, right?

http://www.milehighshooting.com/remington-700-sps-tactical-20-308-win-84207/

I was going to get it for 480+FFL fees around here, so under 550$ for a brand new rifle..

Not bad pricing at all. A local dealer will probably be asking for 700+, which i am not willing to swing as of right now without selling some other crap. I'm an opportunistic buyer; i wouldnt mind purchasing for the right price, knowing ill get a few hundred bucks for my current rifle, however i dont intend on purchasing one new from a dealer anytime soon, to be honest.

Remington has a $75 rebate on 700 SPS models now through the end of September. So it really wasn't any sort of bargain considering you can get one you know is brand new for $515 ($590 - $75 rebate) + transfer fees.

based on those numbers the minimum he would be in for was 550.00 if he was to use an ffl that charged 25.00 + 15.

Remixer, i'll probably do that when i get something sold, haha.... Trying to sell my Savage 111, M1A, and probably my Acog w/ Docter sight to get some $$ back in my pocket.

What Acog you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remixer, i'll probably do that when i get something sold, haha.... Trying to sell my Savage 111, M1A, and probably my Acog w/ Docter sight to get some $$ back in my pocket.

What can you tell me about the doctor sight?

Whoops sorry must have missed the newer comments. Its a ta01, IIRC, 4x32 and has a docter sight on it (its a 9 YO unit, and they used to put Docter reflex sights on em prior to the introduction of the RMR.) If you message me with a # i can text photos.