Sign in to follow this  
JasonS

How to dispose of Ammunition

I dont care how crappy it is, i just drove an extra 45 minutes or so overall and got me like 1500 rounds of .22 for free... lol.. If it is genuinely defective, i'll contact remington. We'll see when i get to the range.

Thanks again for the ammo, man. I appreciate it!

Nice. If OP was South of the Raritan River I would have driven to get it too. I thought thread was a joke. Who gives away ammo? Just out of curiosity what do you guys do with misfires. I have only had 3 of them (I buy good ammo), but I don't have a bullet puller so I just buried them in a hole about 2' deep.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shitty ammo makes for great clearing malfunction drills. Almost every other round of remmy golden bullet was a ftf or fte in both of my 10/22s

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Really? Mine eats it up.

• Like 1

Nice. If OP was South of the Raritan River I would have driven to get it too. I thought thread was a joke. Who gives away ammo? Just out of curiosity what do you guys do with misfires. I have only had 3 of them (I buy good ammo), but I don't have a bullet puller so I just buried them in a hole about 2' deep.

You don't have pliers? that's all you really need. Pull the bullet, dump the powder in your garden, or save it all up and watch it burn in a flash, and chamber the empty case with primer intact, and fire. 

When I have a misfire with a .22, I typically re-chamber it. I have yet to find one that wouldn't go off a second time around.

I've only had one 7.5 Swiss PPU not go off, one 8mm Mauser PHC Greek, and one 7.62x25 Hollow Point New Production. I don't reload yet, so I wasn't too worried about pulling them. Also never actually pulled a bullet so I didn't know how easy it would be with pliers.

Yeah, must be a picky firearm. Hopefully mine eats it ok, lol. I'm not complaining. Wouldn't be worth the trip if i had to pay for the ammo as i still have a fair amount from the last dicks sporting goods sale, but now im good on ammo for like at least a year LOL

You don't have pliers? that's all you really need. Pull the bullet, dump the powder in your garden, or save it all up and watch it burn in a flash, and chamber the empty case with primer intact, and fire. 

When I have a misfire with a .22, I typically re-chamber it. I have yet to find one that wouldn't go off a second time around.

I've had 22's literally just about get flattened because they didnt feed right and the bolt slammed on them, lol. I wouldnt risk shooting one of those, as the casing would be compromised.

Btw if anyone has little plastic cases for ammo (like CCI and some others come in) and you are near East Brunswick or Woodbridge, i can use a few if you dont need em. I have 308, 223/556 and tons of .22 (now) that are bulk packaged. Not sure if anyone makes them for .22 to buy, though ive seen em for larger calibers.

Btw if anyone has little plastic cases for ammo (like CCI and some others come in) and you are near East Brunswick or Woodbridge, i can use a few if you dont need em. I have 308, 223/556 and tons of .22 (now) that are bulk packaged. Not sure if anyone makes them for .22 to buy, though ive seen em for larger calibers.

I normally throw those out - for .22LR I just toss 'em into loose boxes...  I'll save some for you next time though...

I normally throw those out - for .22LR I just toss 'em into loose boxes...  I'll save some for you next time though...

I'd appreciate it. I find it much easier to load when they are nicely organized. I normally reuse them but i had a sleeve of 5 100 packs and the whole sleeve fell out of my safe and cracked all of the darn cases, so i dont have any as they all broke, haha.

I only need a couple, maybe 5 or so. Just save them for me on the side and i'll snag them from you sometime. You're not too far anyways. Ive been keeping a lot of ammo boxes; handgun ammo boxes, some rifle ones, etc.... they are good for reloaders to keep stuff organized. So long as they have the plastic trays that hold the ammo nicely, i keep em. The loose packed boxes are worthless, obviously.

• Like 1

Who gives away ammo?

Here is an offer, anyone want to take some .22lr off my hands?

I have 750 rounds of Russian Junior .22lr steel cased that I 'd give to anyone ( with a FID ) who would take it.

My Ruger MKII hates these things

Come to think of it I also have 2 Mec-Gar 10 round mags for the MKII I'd give away, finicky MKII hates these as well.

I'm in Bergen County / Paramus, work in Florham Park.

Here is an offer, anyone want to take some .22lr off my hands?

I have 750 rounds of Russian Junior .22lr steel cased that I 'd give to anyone ( with a FID ) who would take it.

My Ruger MKII hates these things

Come to think of it I also have 2 Mec-Gar 10 round mags for the MKII I'd give away, finicky MKII hates these as well.

I'm in Bergen County / Paramus, work in Florham Park.

What's with everyone living in North Jersey giving away ammo? Where are the Western Monmouth Ammo Giveaways.

I'd take it if you werent so far. Was worth driving a bit for 1500 or so rounds, but i'd spend more in gas to get 750 than they cost LOL.
Someone on here should snag it though; put it in the for sale thread for 1$ LOL.

easy fix for dirty .22 ammo

Dump it in a towel and roll around to remove the excess crap then give a quick shot of lube (I like frog lube mixed with IPA at 1 part FL to 3-5 parts IPA) and you will be good to go for clean shooting. You could probably skip the lubing part but I like everything slick so I do it.

The Russian ammo is dirty waxy stuff, but cleaning them up first did not work for me.  The steel cases are quite soft, for me they tend to fail to feed properly, hit the ramp and bend.  A few fail to eject, its kind of like the extractor hits the rim, bends it a bit then can't get underneath to grip it.

I originally received a few bricks of these from an estate, and during .22 droughts used some, but always cursed myself out for doing so.

It would be best for me to just give them away so I stop using them.  I have handed out boxes of 50 to others, but no one ever wanted more.

Shitty ammo makes for great clearing malfunction drills. Almost every other round of remmy golden bullet was a ftf or fte in both of my 10/22s

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I had too much of it and shot enough of it to have more than enough practice clearing malfunctions.  Glad someone else may be able to use it.  For me, it'd just sit unused forever at this point.

• Like 1

I dont care how crappy it is, i just drove an extra 45 minutes or so overall and got me like 1500 rounds of .22 for free... lol.. If it is genuinely defective, i'll contact remington. We'll see when i get to the range.

Thanks again for the ammo, man. I appreciate it!

No problem.  Good luck with it.

We could debate all day the different types of 22LR ammo.  Just a peek at rimfirecentral.com will prove that.  I do know shooters who will not shoot anything else and can out score most on any given day.   I think most 22LR pistols and semi auto rifles need to be tweaked to achieve their best.  

That settles it.  I'm starting a new website for my brand new Ammunition Disposal Service.  Anyone, nationwide, who has ammunition and is looking for a safe, responsible way to dispose of it - just ship it to me.  You can print out a shipping label right from my site and I'll only charge a small fee per box for disposal.   Excuse me, I have a website to build.

• Like 2

That settles it.  I'm starting a new website for my brand new Ammunition Disposal Service.  Anyone, nationwide, who has ammunition and is looking for a safe, responsible way to dispose of it - just ship it to me.  You can print out a shipping label right from my site and I'll only charge a small fee per box for disposal.   Excuse me, I have a website to build.

Okay, you have taken over South Jersey, you mind if I take over just Sussex County and Morris County in North Jersey. I provide free pick up. 

Thanks.

Lmao you guys are hilarious.

I'm calling Central NJ, though. That said, this must be some REALLY crappy ammo to have just given it away. Hopefully it as just the OP's firearm and mine will do OK. Never really fired anything other than CCI as that is what my local FFL stocked and its not really worth paying for shipping on .22.

Lmao you guys are hilarious.

I'm calling Central NJ, though. That said, this must be some REALLY crappy ammo to have just given it away. Hopefully it as just the OP's firearm and mine will do OK. Never really fired anything other than CCI as that is what my local FFL stocked and its not really worth paying for shipping on .22.

It is extremely shitty. I did my best to be up front about it. Let me know how it works out for you. I hope someone can get some use out of it.