Kevin125

Woman with Gun to Her Head Kills Assailant with Her Own Handgun

Pretty impressive act of self defense with a concealed carry weapon in Arizona.  Didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/04/woman-with-gun-to-her-head-kills-assailant-with-her-own-handgun/

A woman shot and killed an assailant, who allegedly had the barrel of his gun pressed against her head.

by AWR Hawkins4 Aug 2016

The incident occurred around 1 a.m. at a Circle K at 59th Avenue and Camelback Road in Glendale, Arizona. AZ Family reports that police arrived on scene to find 27-year-old Frank Taylor in the parking lot, suffering from a gunshot wound. He was rushed to a hospital, where he died from his injuries. Witnesses told police that Taylor held a gun to 23-year-old Carol Miracle’s head and demanded money. Miracle told police that “Taylor tried to rob her at gunpoint near the store.”

Glendale police officer Tiffany Smith indicated that investigators “learned that Taylor pointed his gun at Miracle’s head.” Smith said, “She then drew her own handgun that was holstered on her hip, and shot him one time while she was in fear for her life.”

Smith said the evidence recovered at the scene is “consistent” with eyewitness testimony that Taylor had a gun to Miracle’s head.

Pretty impressive act of self defense with a concealed carry weapon in Arizona.  Didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/04/woman-with-gun-to-her-head-kills-assailant-with-her-own-handgun/

A woman shot and killed an assailant, who allegedly had the barrel of his gun pressed against her head.

by AWR Hawkins4 Aug 2016

The incident occurred around 1 a.m. at a Circle K at 59th Avenue and Camelback Road in Glendale, Arizona. AZ Family reports that police arrived on scene to find 27-year-old Frank Taylor in the parking lot, suffering from a gunshot wound. He was rushed to a hospital, where he died from his injuries. Witnesses told police that Taylor held a gun to 23-year-old Carol Miracle’s head and demanded money. Miracle told police that “Taylor tried to rob her at gunpoint near the store.”

Glendale police officer Tiffany Smith indicated that investigators “learned that Taylor pointed his gun at Miracle’s head.” Smith said, “She then drew her own handgun that was holstered on her hip, and shot him one time while she was in fear for her life.”

Smith said the evidence recovered at the scene is “consistent” with eyewitness testimony that Taylor had a gun to Miracle’s head.

Don't you just love a happy ending.

That's gutsy. All it takes is a split second and she'd have been dead.

What's the SAS's motto?  ;)

I'm curious how much training she had to pull this off.  If the bad guy's firearm really was touching her head, I know how I'd deal with it but I've been trained for extremely close gunfighting.  I don't think someone who does the minimum requirement would know how to handle this situation let alone be able to pull it off.  But some people get lucky.

• Like 1

What's the SAS's motto? ;)

This ^^^^

Rember to fight like it is going to be your last fight. Good shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^^^

If someone has a gun to your head you may as well consider yourself dead.

So, she took the shot and succeeded,

And This^^^^

Being a hostage is a shitty job.

80C49AB1-A682-4639-9D64-852EA16ACFAD_zps

• Like 7

Help me out here guys. I'm new to this and have never yet done any training and don't have very many rounds under my belt. HE, you hear about this stuff every day, how often do armed robberies become shootings ? Wouldn't it have been a safer move to just hand over her wallet ? If he would have even thought she was pulling a gun she certainly would have been dead in a nano second, if the chances are high that he'd just run off with her wallet and leave her alone it's not worth the risk. Why do you say it may have become a hostage situation ? Obviously the proof is in the pudding and she must have had lots of training so she knew what she had to do.

It's all about FIGHT OR FLIGHT!  If you've never done any training then you haven't got a common frame of reference.  

Maybe she was trained, maybe she wasn't?  Maybe she was just lucky?  Maybe the Perp was boozed, drugged, stoned or dusted?  Or a combo of them all?  Unless they do a complete work-up w/ toxicology, we'll never know.  

Each individual situation like this warrants its' own set of rules.  There isn't a hard, fast rule book somewhere that says if a muzzle is at yer head you're forced to become a hostage.  See here's the thing.  It's a parking lot.  Cars are "big", and they need lots of room.  If a Perp wants a wallet, he doesn't have to walk right up to you and touch you.  He can shoot you from 3-7 yards away and lean over your dying corpse to steal the wallet.  IF he was going to shoot you anyway, and THAT was the immediate PLAN, he'd do it from 2-5 yards away.  The ONLY reason to muzzle someone's head is to shoot them or kidnap them (take them hostage) or make them SH!T their pants.  The Perp gambled....and he LOST!  

None of us were there, so it's hard to judge right or wrong from a news story.  Obviously we're all glad that she came out of it with the same number of holes she started with!

In my experience with armed bad guys in NJ, the gun is usually inoperable, fake (BB or Airsoft), unloaded, or loaded with the wrong caliber. A few have been functional and partially loaded with the correct ammo. Even fewer have been functional and found to be fully loaded. I've never seen a holster or a reload/spare mag on a bad guy.

That being said:

Make no mistake, it someone put a gun to your head, it's a hostage situation.

It's statistically safer to surrender what is asked for, but that is not a guarantee of safety and those are pretty high stakes to gamble.

If someone points a gun at you, assume it is loaded and assume they want to kill you.

Anything less is dumb.

• Like 4

Wouldn't it have been a safer move to just hand over her wallet ? If he would have even thought she was pulling a gun she certainly would have been dead in a nano second, if the chances are high that he'd just run off with her wallet and leave her alone it's not worth the risk. 

SC, much truth in what you say.  One needs to evaluate the situation, and make a split-second decision based on whatever info is available.

Wiser people than I have said that if you have reason to believe they are just going to take your money and leave, at that point it's just a business transaction.  

And BTW, while I am glad the woman escaped unharmed, it's hard for me to call it a happy ending when someone dies.  

SC, much truth in what you say.  One needs to evaluate the situation, and make a split-second decision based on whatever info is available.

Wiser people than I have said that if you have reason to believe they are just going to take your money and leave, at that point it's just a business transaction.  

And BTW, while I am glad the woman escaped unharmed, it's hard for me to call it a happy ending when someone dies.

I disagree. It's one less oxygen thief polluting the gene pool.

• Like 3

What's the SAS's motto?  ;)

I'm curious how much training she had to pull this off.  If the bad guy's firearm really was touching her head, I know how I'd deal with it but I've been trained for extremely close gunfighting.  I don't think someone who does the minimum requirement would know how to handle this situation let alone be able to pull it off.  But some people get lucky.

This is how it's done ;-)

https://youtu.be/_KvO-8IvoCI

Thank God for guns!

• Like 6

I wonder why this isn't being blasted all over the news. ???     :)

Yeah, doesn't that just tick you off? I have a real problem with how the occasional lunatic mass shooter is covered 24x7 on cable news, but an inherently dramatic story of a self-defense gun use dies on the vine... it either never rises higher than the local paper, or at best, might get some light coverage by the far-right press. 

And that explains why many "ordinary" people that I know are initially completely skeptical that guns really are used for self-defense (and quite frequently). Why wouldn't people be skeptical? They never see/hear these stories!

I mean, for god's sake, even this woman's name - 'Miracle' - is TV-ready! You couldn't have scripted that better... it cries out for better coverage. The suppression of stories like this... the attempt to paint legal gun owners as wackos... the insidious campaign to "erase" guns (and even images of guns, like the recent emoji nonsense)...it may seem at times irritating or even laughable, but it is powerful marketing... that will win hearts and minds of Americans over time.

It's simply incompetent(?) that the major gun lobby groups (particularly the NRA) aren't doing better promotion of these self-defense cases to counter that movement. I don't know who's in charge of their digital marketing program - but IMO, they need a dramatic overhaul! It isn't hitting the target (pun intended)!