Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Palmetto State Armory - Question

The Premium line uses the FN made CHF, chrome lined barrels. I have a 20" A4 upper from them that is simply excellent.

The Freedom line is generally regarded as decent. Although I do not own anything from PSA's Freedom line, I wouldn't be afraid to use it for a range gun.

I have heard too many gory horror stories about the PTAC stuff. Personally, I would pass.

I would think there were other mitigating circumstances in your credit card theft.

Most PSA stuff is good quality.

Actually there was not. I used a card I had only used at PSA and local Chinese Restaurant, nowhere else. Then when I got the replacement card I used it only at PSA. Again card stolen. It was likely an employee at PSA, not the company itself, but I won't buy from them again.

SG Ammo has better prices. The quality of PSA rifles is sub standard at best IMO. Many others feel the same way. Check out Calguns and see how many PSA Rifles sit unsold. When a Stag or other decent AR type comes up for sale they sell rather quickly. Maybe their higher end line is ok, but if you ever go to resell it how many people are going to know the difference or bother looking into it? Many see PSA and just move on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Over at AR15.com, there is a long running thread from Henderson Defense, owners of Battlefield Las Vegas, a high volume, 'rent a machine gun' type range.

The use many complete guns and parts from various vendors, and have posted up the real world experiences with these guns and parts. A real gold mine of information.

According to Henderson, he has excellent experience with the PSA premium uppers, and BCG's, and they they hold up well through 10's of thousands of rounds. He also reports excellent experiences (as one would expect) from Colt, BCM, and DD equipment.

Pop over there and have a read of the thread. Again, a real gold mine of information about who's parts break, where they break, and about how many rounds it takes to break them.

Edited to add: I know that linking to another site may be considered poor form, but I thought in this case, the information available here in this thread it worth it. Moderators, please feel free to slap me accordingly, if need be.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/677135_High_round_count_AR_M4_s__over_100_000_rounds__and_how_they_have_handled_on_our_range.html

• Like 1

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ptac-16-m4-1-7-upper-with-bolt-carrier-group-and-charging-handle.html

I have one of these.

it works and runs. It's not the most accurate thing on the planet though at 100yards. Of course that could be it not liking the flavor of ammo I feed it. Hoping to sort that out at some point.

I picked up a Seekins Precision made upper from Freedom Munitions that is a goddamn tack driver on the same ammo though.