PD2K

Plan To Ban Coffee While Driving In NJ

Send in those cards letters and emails...................

From a poster on NJ.com, my sentiments exactly,

John Wisniewski:

-Sponsor of original red light $camera law, fought hard to keep them going when the program expired.

- Proposed speed cameras that would automatically issue speeding tickets (it's all about safety of course)

- Primary sponsor of gas tax increase and fought for a tax increase with no offsetting relief in other areas (i.e. Maximize revenue).

- Now wants to fine you for sipping coffee.

This guy hate taxpayers/commuters. What are the people who keep voting this guy in thinking?

• Like 2

Isn't there a Reckless/Careless driving law already on the books? Why make a specific law just for that? That is why the cellphone law was stupid. Is it okay to masterbate while driving since there is no law specifically against it?

BTW, this made the news here, and the news commentators couldn't keep a straight face.

No need to answer these questions. I know the answers.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 2

There are 224,000 citizens in this abominable reptile's district. Let's assume 70,000 drive and 35,000 of them drink coffee or water or vodka or whatever while driving. The guy won the last election by less than 10,000 votes (a very non-competitive district by any reckoning). If just half the coffee drinker/drivers were to vote against him he'd lose by 7,000 votes. Even if they voted for another democrat, that individual would be made aware that you don't fuck with NJ voters. But of course they all know that fucking with us knows no bounds so they continue doing so with impunity. 

From the nj.com article:

Supporters of the bill said it could change driver behavior the same way that seat belt laws increased belt use in the state.

But the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety disagreed with that assessment.

"We would not make that leap," said Russ Rader, an institute spokesman. "With education and vigorous enforcement of safety belt laws, we saw immediate effects with fewer deaths. We're not seeing the same kind of immediate safety benefits with education and enforcement of cell phone laws."

"Addressing distracted driving through new laws is not likely to be an effective approach to make roads safer," he said.

Emphasis is mine. The people who study these statistics for a living are flat out saying it's unlikely to be effective, and in nj, this new law would be redundant. We already have laws against calling and texting while driving (N.J. Statute. 39:4-97.3). Wisniewski seems to have a thing for traffic law since he has also sponsored a bill "Creat{ing} new motor vehicle offense of engaging in a pattern of aggressive Driving." (A1050)

We have Carteret Borough, Perth Amboy City, Sayreville Borough, South Amboy City and Woodbridge Township (District 19), and Bayonne and most of Jersey City (District 31) to thank for voting in Wisniewski and Chiaravalloti (co-sponsor). Those districts have been solidly democratic for decades, but maybe once they start getting handed $200 tickets for their lattes they'll realize voting down the party line is not such a great idea. Then again, maybe not. They kept Wisniewski even though he's pro camera-ticketing. 
  • Like 1

There already is a careless/wreckless law on the books. You don't have to have anything in your hands to drive like an ass. Let me ask this...do drive thrus then get banned. I can just sit at the nearest DD and write whoever goes through.

All you cop haters I'm kidding. I am anti MV summonses. Don't like funding the state through everyday people. You either have to drive like a real dbag or if a kid is all over the car when they are supposed to be in a car seat

i don't find any of this funny. it's sickening actually. the people of this state deserve everything we get. if these morons keep voting these people and others like him back into office time and time again then they deserve whatever happens. we're a state and a nation full of frightened rabbits desperately wanting to be enslaved

• Like 1

Another politician trying to save the common people from themselves. Because we are too stupid to manage our own lives.

Personally, I think it is time to hang all the politicians. Just to set an example.

• Like 2

Another politician trying to save the common people from themselves. Because we are too stupid to manage our own lives.

Personally, I think it is time to hang all the politicians. Just to set an example.

I could not agree more! All of them from the fed down to the one horse town .I am not anit law i am anti Govt forcing me to live the way they see fit. Most of thses mthr fkers couldnt shne the common mans shoes. Who the hell elects these aholes!?!?! Its all about cash flow in this god forsaken craphole and how much they can jam in their pockets. Over fed over paid mental midgets with not enough sense to blow on hot soup

There already is a careless/wreckless law on the books. You don't have to have anything in your hands to drive like an ass. Let me ask this...do drive thrus then get banned. I can just sit at the nearest DD and write whoever goes through.

All you cop haters I'm kidding. I am anti MV summonses. Don't like funding the state through everyday people. You either have to drive like a real dbag or if a kid is all over the car when they are supposed to be in a car seat

What the hell is up with people not using their turn signals.

i don't find any of this funny. it's sickening actually. the people of this state deserve everything we get. if these morons keep voting these people and others like him back into office time and time again then they deserve whatever happens. we're a state and a nation full of frightened rabbits desperately wanting to be enslaved

Its not that morons are voting these people into office...Its that they are just not voting...wait never mind, it's the same thing.

Now after the D-bag's phones and emails lit up, he claims he was misunderstood. "It's not about coffee". Yea, right.  Funny how they change there mind after people call them out.  Useless POS politician.  Time for term limits.  Stop making political office a career, put judges on that list too!

• Like 1

I've worked on Wisiewski's home -- When I met him I asked him if he was one of those assemblymen for life -- He didn't answer, just smiled and nodded -- arrogant POS

He lives in Sayreville -- Used to watch his wife drive thru the development with their dog on her lap, head hanging out the drivers window - that was a decade ago

Problem is these guys are above the law -- Him and his family don't get these tickets so what does he care?

On another note...  I don't know where Wisniewski stands on gun issues but there is routinely a vehicle parked in front of his house with gun and 2A stickers all over it 

Most people vote for the part they identify with but have no idea who they're actually voting for.

I've heard many of the so-called low information voters say that the Democrats will take care of them, while the Republicans only care about the rich.  

I've worked on Wisiewski's home -- When I met him I asked him if he was one of those assemblymen for life -- He didn't answer, just smiled and nodded -- arrogant POS

He lives in Sayreville -- Used to watch his wife drive thru the development with their dog on her lap, head hanging out the drivers window - that was a decade ago

Problem is these guys are above the law -- Him and his family don't get these tickets so what does he care?

On another note...  I don't know where Wisniewski stands on gun issues but there is routinely a vehicle parked in front of his house with gun and 2A stickers all over it 

How he voted on justifiable need:
A3689    -   Handgun, need to carry-codifies reg.  
   Assembly - 06/16/2016 - 3RDG FINAL PASSAGE - Yes

I don't see his vote recorded (online) for ACR175.

I wonder if his wife's driving was his inspiration for A1908?  

On another note... I don't know where Wisniewski stands on gun issues but there is routinely a vehicle parked in front of his house with gun and 2A stickers all over it

Went to school with him. He was a baby Marxist then. Now he's all grown up and part of the machine that exists to serve itself. He's one of those people that believes he knows better what's good for you and he will see to it that he directs your existence as he and his Marxist buddies see fit. But for you..... They set up a different existence for themselves.

Just more stupidity from those idiots that occupy the statehouse. There are more important things to worry about but they would rather come up with more stupid laws that will do nothing but just tax the people even more. These "professional politicians" need to go. Just like the Congress, they need term limits The shame of it all