GAPP

AR-15 pistol?

Nope.  There's questions on the legality of transferring a lower as a pistol too....  

Really?  I thought as long as someone used a PTP from an FFL then it was legally a pistol

Really?  I thought as long as someone used a PTP from an FFL then it was legally a pistol

That's my impression, its no different then buying a 1911 receiver for a custom build.... just need to meet the weight.

I just think its pointless because you cant have a barrel shroud..

That's my impression, its no different then buying a 1911 receiver for a custom build.... just need to meet the weight.

I just think its pointless because you cant have a barrel shroud..

Yes but you can get a stylish oven mitt to prevent the flesh on your hands from burning off.

Steve from Monmouth Arms was saying something about it - Not sure if it's legal or not to do that.

Still - you're going to need a polymer lower at least, and the lightest weight components possible.

TNArms Polymer Hybrid lowers are 0.38 LBS = 6.08 oz.

Aero Precision Stripped upper (No FA) - 6.5 oz

7.5" Barrel:  15oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/odin-works-75-223-wylde-pistol-length-stainless-steel-barrel-medium-contour/p/b-223-7/

Barrel Nut - 1oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/2a-albn-1/p/2a-albn-1/

Rainier Mini Comp - 1.4oz - https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-mini-compensator-rmc-2-0-black

Gas block - 3oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/gbs-02/p/gbs-02/

Pigtail Gas Tube:  .92 oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/pigtail75/p/pigtail7.5/

Sintercore Tripwire CH:  1oz - http://sintercore.com/handle/

Lightweight BCG:  7.90oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/2a-lwbcg-s/p/2a-lwbcg-s/

Standard Buffer:  3oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/zm44578/p/zm44578/ (Note - not sure how it will work with a Pistol gas system even pigtail with a lightweight BCG - may need a heavier buffer)

Pistol Buffer Tube:  4.8oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/kak-shockwave-tube/p/kak-shkwave-tube/

Carbine Spring:  1.92oz - http://www.primaryarms.com/zm44564/p/zm44564/

v7 lightweight end plate:  .194 oz - http://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/collections/frontpage/products/v7-qd-endplate

v7 lightweight castle nut: .236 oz - http://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/collections/frontpage/products/castle-nut

New Frontier Armory Polymer LPK - 4oz - https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/polymer-lower-parts-kit-lpk/

All these parts and you're at 56.95 oz....   I'm also not including some misc parts like a dust cover...  

I've got the answer:

A mega-wide, hollow, open at the bottom pistol grip that extends all the way underneath the trigger and forward to the front of the magwell so that the magazine is no longer "outside the pistol grip".

Mill out a "fingerhole" slot in the pistol grip to admit your middle/ring/pinky fingers.

My patent on this design is already pending...

I've been tinkering with this idea in my head for a while. My thought is to bypass weight and go with a fixed magazine that would be loaded by breaking open the lower and upper.

https://www.armaglock.com/

thoughts? Kinda changes the whole game doesn't it?

https://www.armaglock.com/

thoughts? Kinda changes the whole game doesn't it?

Does adding steps/locks to release a detachable magazine turn it into a "fixed" magazine under NJ law?  I don't know, but I am imagining a trial scene where the prosecutor pulls the takedown pin, presses the armaglock, the magazine clatters to the floor and then inserts another magazine within the span of a couple of seconds...

• Like 1

Does adding steps/locks to release a detachable magazine turn it into a "fixed" magazine under NJ law? I don't know, but I am imagining a trial scene where the prosecutor pulls the takedown pin, presses the armaglock, the magazine clatters to the floor and then inserts another magazine within the span of a couple of seconds...

I'm curious because that requires disassembly of the gun. Unless I'm missing something NJ doesn't have much a definition for "fixed" magazine. It doesnt say permanent which implies it can be removed during disassembly of the gun.

I'm curious because that requires disassembly of the gun. Unless I'm missing something NJ doesn't have much a definition for "fixed" magazine. It doesnt say permanent which implies it can be removed during disassembly of the gun.

Agreed, there's no detailed definition of a fixed magazine.  So leaving it up to a jury, would they see a magazine as "fixed" if the magazine can still be swapped in a couple of seconds with no tools?

Agreed, there's no detailed definition of a fixed magazine.  So leaving it up to a jury, would they see a magazine as "fixed" if the magazine can still be swapped in a couple of seconds with no tools?

Devil's advocating here - what about California's Bullet buttons?  Those were legal for a long time until recent legislation..  They found another workaround too for the new legislation....

• Like 1

Devil's advocating here - what about California's Bullet buttons?  Those were legal for a long time until recent legislation..  They found another workaround too for the new legislation....

That new work around is what i posted.... so it even meets their NEW definition of "fixed".

Granted NJ are not CA courts, but it does place an legal argument in your favor.

The cherry on top is that it would remove all the necessary restrictions.

partially be cause the one PK90 sells is fugly as fuck?

my take on the whole permanent mag thing is you want to make sure you can NEVER get the mag body* out without destroying it or the lower in the process.

* I still want the base plate to come off though, for cleaning or clearing in case of malfunction.

You may want to weld a 10 round mag to it or maybe 7 given NJ's wanting to top every other state on dumb gun laws.  When CC leaves they have a lot of ground to catch up on.  

partially be cause the one PK90 sells is fugly as fuck?

my take on the whole permanent mag thing is you want to make sure you can NEVER get the mag body* out without destroying it or the lower in the process.

* I still want the base plate to come off though, for cleaning or clearing in case of malfunction.

Why? the law clearly states fixed. If they wanted the mag to be permanently attached they should have indicated. The mag is fixed in place when the firearm is assembled.

Why are we even having this discussion when there are Jersey legal versions you can actually buy?

Contact PK90 he sells them.

Let's see, longer barrels, threaded barrels, flash suppressor, handguard.... Standard system and not some proprietary bolt parts.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJGunForums Web Banner Ad october 2020[40397].jpg

• V1-Odin-mini-Rifle-300x2501.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By PK90
      NO, you can't have one. Too heavy and has handguard.
      - Fightlite SCR Lower and Bolt
      - KAK 4.5" Barrel w/Adj Gas Block and Griffin Armament Linear Device
      - Ambi-Charging Handle
      - CZ Low Profile Sights
      Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Will add a handstop.

• By Smokin .50
      CNJFO HOG HUNT SUNDAY JAN. 26TH! SAVE THE DATE!
      A PORKTASTIC GOOD TIME W/ 2A PATRIOTS & FRIENDS!
      by Black Wire Media Wed. Nov. 13, 2019 www.cnjfo.com/join-us
      The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners is proud to announce we've scheduled our first Hog Hunt of the new season for Sunday January 26th. So mark your calendars and watch for our event page & sign-up on our website (coming SOON!). The guided Hunt is ideal for beginners & anyone looking for a challenge since this is a "NO license, ANY weapon" affair held on a 150 acre island in the middle of the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg, PA. Raffles, swag, lunch included. Stay Saturday night & party with us (Dutch Treat) OR come Sunday. A great way to fill the freezer & support NJ's busiest 2A group!
      Hunt includes hot lunch served on the island, field dressed hog, goody bag w/ swag items, raffles for great prizes (BRING CASH ON ISLAND) & all the memories you can take home!
      We recommend V. Roche & Son Butchers in Whitehouse Station, NJ.  A CNJFO sponsor, they have a renowned reputation for excellent service!
      Register HERE:  
      https://www.cnjfo.com/event-3629844

• By Blank
      These will be in NJ Stores soon.

Description
      100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey. Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM. Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green.  MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer. Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension. Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish. Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions. Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish. Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector. MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard. Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control. Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip. SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control. Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 
    • By bhunted
      A fellow forum was asking about a display case for his wife’s pistol I believe. So I decided after seeing some display cases for insane prices, to make my own out of more or less cheap prices. 
      This one will be for my Nighthawk Custom Falcon 1911.
      I started out with a humidor I had when I was on a cigar kick with the club.
      Humidors make perfect cases for your gun. 
      Why? Its designed to keep moisture in so your cigars don’t dry out. Ones that are well made have a nice tight seal.
      ‘But John, we don’t want to keep moisture in. It will hurt the gun’. Correctomundo! But using it to keep moisture out works too! If you are not a cigar smoker, a humidor keeps the cigars from drying out by putting a moisture pad inside. We simply won’t be using the moisture pad nor the cheapo humidity gauge they usually give you.
      So lets start. One used but still in great shape humidor with glass lid. If you don’t have one, you can pick up something decent for about $50. I added a lik leather NH tag to use to open lid. They are air tight and easier to open with something to grab.

If you use a humidor, they sometimes come with a lil shelf and divider. Toss them.
      Next, we added a little antique bronze clasp. 5 for $12 on Amazon. They come with tiny wood screws. You’ll need a jeweler type phillips head and a small awl to start a hole. Do not screw in without a starter hole. Also a mini pad lock with skeleton key.

Next, you’ll want something to lay in there like velvet. I chose purple velvet. Rather than buy it by the yard, I actually got 2 - 14”x14” pillow shams with zippers on Amazon for about $11...
      This is a lot cheaper than buying it by the yard plus you don’t gave to sew anything. Just stuff it and zip it.

You will need something to stuff it. That is your choice. I already had a bag of poly fill from another project. You can even rio open al old pillow and use the guts.

Next is rechargeable Silica packs. I got a 25 count bag cheap also on Amazon. I chose to line the bottom of the case and also throw some inside the sham.

Once you beat it and adjust it to get in the right position, you can see how the gun sits and adjust as needed.
      Next is optional and not cheap. I picked up 2 - Sensor Push bluetooth temp/humidity sensors for $50 each. One for the box and one for my safe. After calibrating them and pairing them to my phone, I inserted one into the display case.

You don’t have to do this but I’m a bit of a tech nerd so.... [emoji6]
      You can also use a cheap digital one too.
      This one transmits data and stores 20 points which you can set alarms in the app if moisture increases. Kind of more important in my safe but....[emoji16]
      Here is a sample of the data. I just put them in so it will take time to level off.

That’s pretty much it. Outside of the sensors, its cheap, easy and looks great. You can fo crazy with it or go simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By JerseyJim
      On Black Friday Reloaderz is having an open house.  We plan on visiting and will give a report.  
            Friday, November 23, 2018 at 10 AM – 8 PM

• Hard to tell from the photo, but you may be seeing the remains of an old shok-buff (Shok Buff).   Wilson and others make them, they aren't always blue as the one in the link, and they are life limited.  You can replace them inexpensively, and they offer some protection against frame battering, or you can leave them out, as some folks think they add an unnecessary point of failure.  You could get a replacement guide rod of standard length from Brownells, Midway, or a bunch of other suppliers.  The full length rods can be a pain in the neck, but you do see them on high-end guns like your Wilson because they slightly improve accuracy and reliability.  The standard length rods are also cheap, and are a drop-in replacement.  You could pick one up and see if you can tell the difference.
    • I have inherited a Wilson colt 1911 mk iv series 80 recently and after I had taken apart the pistol to clean I have noticed there were pieces of plastic that was broken off I believe where it used to sits behind the spring of the guide rod. After I had finished cleaning the pistol I am currently stuck at getting the bushing/guide rod down the barrel because the bushing is hollowed out which I have no problem pushing down with a flat tip screw driver but the guide rod would not go down enough for me to swing the piece to lock it in place. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I need to replace the plastic piece that was broken off and also if someone could point me the right direction as to maybe replacing the full size guide rod to a shorter version? of guide rod (and where I could possibly order one?) maybe that will solve my problem. TIA   Edited: I have attached pictures  78D80CA2-0E03-4E86-BD24-16999026A5AA.heic 26647C1F-C7ED-49C7-9947-4B5F90095029.heic
    • I concur with @JohnnyB .  This is a total non-issue as you're maintaining both as residences.  Buy 5 more and you'll get the same answer   Both residences are where you'll be residing, so BOTH are EXEMPT LOCATIONS.   Rosey
    • Both houses are in the same town, about 15 minutes between them.  No plans on renting them at any time - will be given to my kids.  Will probably split time between the 2 so no moving anything out.
    • @lhrocker So now we "pull teeth" to get the full story: Are both houses in the same town being used as YOUR residence OR is your intention to rent the old house to someone and transfer all your worldly possessions, including your firearms, to the "new house"?  If you're moving out of the old house, and changing your driver's license, you'll need to get a new Yellow Card. Even if you rent it out, it's still property YOU OWN, so you're allowed to patrol it armed.  Hair-splitting is a specialty of mine, so... You can own many houses (or vacant lots) in NJ's 21 counties, and carry or store firearms at any of them, provided they are secured and away from prying hands...OR transport any number of firearms TO them at any time day or night.  I've written about this several times in the past.   Rosey CNJFO VP https://www.cnjfo.com/join-us