Moto102

Best LPK and trigger options

Looking for opinions on LPK's and triggers. I have two different builds in the works right now.... I'd like to hear some feedback on triggers that you guys are currently using.. Trying to get the best performance for cost ratio. I really think there are good triggers out there that don't cost over $200. My current lowers are both spikes tactical. One in 5.56 and one in 308. Thanks!!!

If like to add that the ALG ACT is a nice, smooth mil-spec, single stage trigger that breaks at 4.5 lbs.

Not a competition trigger, but a reliable, smooth mil-spec trigger that won't let you down.

Good price too.

I have 5 of them, and I am very happy with the way they perform.

Another vote for the ALG ACT.  I've been using PSA LPKs with no issues - they do the job.  Swap out the FCG for an ALG ACT, then change the springs to JP Enhanced Reliability springs (Red/Yellow) and you have nice light, crisp trigger pull.

As stated the ACT is great. If you want 2 stage it's hard to beat the RRA national match. There is also a varmint version that is a little lighter and not much more. They go on sale every so often.

I just ordered the varmint 3.5 lb two stage , for like $ 86 shipped

I have 3 Geissele SSA and one Geissele SDE. They are excellent. I also have 4 ALG ACT and for the money, they can't be beat.

My favorite trigger is the Geissele SSA. For a social use gun it is the best there is. It is expensive though.

The best value out there for a trigger is the ALG ACT. It is the best $65 you will spend when building a new rifle. Both ALG and Brownells sell LPKs with ALG ACT triggers.

Midwest PX (who is a member here) has trigger less LPKs for $30 and the ACT for $69. That's a pretty good deal for known quality parts. Ty is a good dude and I love giving him my money.

http://midwestpx.com

• Like 2

I have 3 Geissele SSA and one Geissele SDE. They are excellent. I also have 4 ALG ACT and for the money, they can't be beat.

My favorite trigger is the Geissele SSA. For a social use gun it is the best there is. It is expensive though.

The best value out there for a trigger is the ALG ACT. It is the best $65 you will spend when building a new rifle. Both ALG and Brownells sell LPKs with ALG ACT triggers.

Midwest PX (who is a member here) has trigger less LPKs for $30 and the ACT for $69. That's a pretty good deal for known quality parts. Ty is a good dude and I love giving him my money.

http://midwestpx.com

Thanks for the high praise! I'm still working on getting all SKUs listed in the catalog and I can't remember if the LTG LPKs and the combo with the ALG triggers is listed yet.  If not, they'll be up soon. 

• Like 1

The ALG is a "good" trigger but you asked for the best trigger. The Giessele two stage high speed national match with the DMR spring is the absolute best trigger there is. I laugh my ass off when people at matches say they have the best trigger in the world and will fight to the death saying every thing else is junk... Then they try my trigger and realize how much better it is, their next questions are, where do I get it, how much is it, how long does it take to put it in, is it hard to set up, etc, etc. 

It's about 2.5lbs with the DMR spring. 

MidwestPX is where to get it, he ships it with all three springs. Get your LPK from him too. 

The ALG is a "good" trigger but you asked for the best trigger. The Giessele two stage high speed national match with the DMR spring is the absolute best trigger there is. I laugh my ass off when people at matches say they have the best trigger in the world and will fight to the death saying every thing else is junk... Then they try my trigger and realize how much better it is, their next questions are, where do I get it, how much is it, how long does it take to put it in, is it hard to set up, etc, etc. 

MidwestPX is where to get it, he ships it with all three springs. Get your LPK from him too. 

Not any more.  Geissele put a stop to that :(

How does it work now Ty do I just pick the spring I want? I'm probably going to be getting another one pretty soon, along with a bunch of other stuff. 

They have them broken out as three SKUs: Designated Marksman, Service Rifle, and Match.  The lightest is the Match.

I have an AR trigger question I'll throw in here.  I have a build that's 7.62X39 and I had to replace the hammer spring with

a heavy spring due to light primer strikes with Golden Tiger ammo. Other ammo worked okay but Mipa convinced me GT was the shit! So I have a lot of it!

The GT ammo fires now but the trigger pull is horrendous with the heavy hammer spring! I tried replacing the firing pin first with one that was made for 7.62X39 with no joy.

Any suggestions here on a trigger? Sub $200? My current trigger is a milspec that was in my LPK from I believe Midway.

I have 2 SSA-E triggers and a SSA  Both are excellent with the Enhanced version being a little lighter on the 2nd stage

Great triggers to just pull thru for a quick shot like for speed on steel  -- then when you want precision you stage the trigger -- feel the 1st stage to a very distinct wall then just pull a little more to a crisp break 

I have the SSA in my dedicated .22 rimfire build -- I do use it for speed on steel and the occasional PCC match

Maybe if OB ever gets a carbine match together I'll get a chance to try out that trigger you got there Lou and see how much better the DMR is

Just wanted to add that I never paid over $200 for any of these triggers -- Gotta wait or the holiday sales and buy then...

Edited by Heavyopp
  • Like 1

Johnny, did you try your enhanced firing pin with your old spring ? That may work well. If you are willing to spend $200 on a trigger go for a Geissele G2S, SSA, or SSA-E. Around holidays you can get great sales.

Yes, the firing pin change did nothing. The heavy hammer spring worked, but at the cost of an extremely heavy trigger pull.

Yes Ty, you do have the LPK w/I the trigger up. I am actually saving for a DMR now, but that's a whole different world than a mil spec trigger. Louu, does that mean that there are only three possible pull weights for the DMR ?

The Giessele two stage High speed national match, DMR and Service Rifle are all the same trigger but use a different spring for different pull weights. Everything on the trigger system is adjustable and it will set off all primers. Also see post #18.